PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

OrcaFat

I just have one question - Why is Rangnick still playing the same players who aren’t performing? If the season is over (it is), and you have nothing else to play for, why not play the kids then? At this point, it’s not just a player or two, the whole team looks to have checked out.

Go make a statement and just play the kids one match. I don’t care if we go on to lose the match, I would be very happy to see all these wankers dropped.
It’s a good question. My guess is he tries to pick the team he thinks has the best chance of winning the game for as long as it is still possible to get 4th or even 5th (Europa league better than nothing for our stupid owners). I think we might actually see what you are calling for in the last couple of games of the season, when results can’t make any difference at all.

I agree with you though. Let’s get as many kids out there as possible and take a look at them at least.

I'm a beautiful thing

So much wrong at this club, disinterested players, years of mismanagement at the higher levels, hello Ed, has left us where we are now.
Whoever comes in as manager will need time to rebuild the team because we need a clear out and replace some of the shower performing with younger, hungrier players either from within or actually scout some players

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It’s not really a problem. It is a fact that we got embarrassed by Watford and there is no way a Man Utd manager can survive that when general results have been below standard. The Leicester loss was the point where it seemed inevitable to me that Ole would go. The losses to Liv and City were agony but let’s not pretend we’re in any better shape to give those teams a game now. In among the bad results we were still getting wins and beat Spurs well.

My point is we are doing the same now - winning some games but mostly drawing and losing, even to poor teams. It’s shocking.
All I'm saying that if Ole was still here now, I think we'd be hearing via the media about how we've got so much to spend and we want to build a team to win trophies etc. Ole had to go, if he was still here then the coin would be doubling down on him this summer and it would have been worse for the club and the fans.

I know they footy is crap still but at least we all know where we are and the club know there is nowhere to hide anymore. All eyes on them.

crossy1686

career ending
I just have one question - Why is Rangnick still playing the same players who aren’t performing? If the season is over (it is), and you have nothing else to play for, why not play the kids then? At this point, it’s not just a player or two, the whole team looks to have checked out.

Go make a statement and just play the kids one match. I don’t care if we go on to lose the match, I would be very happy to see all these wankers dropped.
To prove to someone upstairs that they’re overpaid and shite? As much as I would like to see some youth players it’s also not fair to throw them into this situation which is super toxic at the moment.

This lot are some of the highest paid players in the world and there shouldn’t be any hiding for them just because it’s bleak. They got themselves into this situation and hiding on the bench while some 18 year old gets bullied on the pitch just doesn’t sit right with me.

OrcaFat

All I'm saying that if Ole was still here now, I think we'd be hearing via the media about how we've got so much to spend and we want to build a team to win trophies etc. Ole had to go, if he was still here then the coin would be doubling down on him this summer and it would have been worse for the club and the fans.

I know they footy is crap still but at least we all know where we are and the club know there is nowhere to hide anymore. All eyes on them.
Yeah probably right!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The biggest compliment I can give to our players and our club in general is this.
Thanks to your collective ineptitude, your have turned Manchester United from serial winners into complete irrelevance.

NHLYR 1878

Oh definatly. Maguire isn’t as good as his price tag suggests and the rashford issue was he was too overhyped too soon. To be a great you have to be consistent. Over time. He’s 24 and dropping so drastically it’s questionable. I’m not sure if his off field doings have impacted his love for the game. From the outside it does look like it.. but we can’t say without actually knowing him. One thing is for sure though, he has had way too much pressure and expectation on his shoulders way too young and way too quickly. We can’t imagine how that must feel because most of us just have normal jobs and not the lifestyle someone like him does, I can imagine it’s a lot though. He’s a human at the end of it all.

I just don’t think they are good enough for united l, if we want to be the best but I’d love to be proven wrong next season.
I think that last sentence has nailed it - if we're realistic - they are not good enough if we want to get back to the top. Simple as. Which is pretty bloody depressing.

Safe to say we all know Maguire isn’t.

But I think Rashford is terribly overrated; the amount of times he hasn't looked up to see a pass, ran in to the opposition, ran out of play, lacked spacial awareness, not to mention walking back when we're out of possession.

I think in to his 3rd season, I noticed he had a Ronaldo-esque walk to him - it might seem weird but I think his character has slowly changed, and lo and behold, he sank into the notion that he's too important to track back. It would be nice if we could teleport the early 2016 Rashford that had a bit to prove and a tad more humble.

People forget the human element too - but then again, there are plenty of footballers who don't perform like piles of shit come matchdaythat have their own troubles. I am torn between being sympathetic, to just applying a good, old fashioned, 'man up'.

croadyman

I think that last sentence has nailed it - if we're realistic - they are not good enough if we want to get back to the top. Simple as. Which is pretty bloody depressing.

Safe to say we all know Maguire isn’t.

But I think Rashford is terribly overrated; the amount of times he hasn't looked up to see a pass, ran in to the opposition, ran out of play, lacked spacial awareness, not to mention walking back when we're out of possession.

I think in to his 3rd season, I noticed he had a Ronaldo-esque walk to him - it might seem weird but I think his character has slowly changed, and lo and behold, he sank into the notion that he's too important to track back. It would be nice if we could teleport the early 2016 Rashford that had a bit to prove and a tad more humble.

People forget the human element too - but then again, there are plenty of footballers who don't perform like piles of shit come matchdaythat have their own troubles. I am torn between being sympathetic, to just applying a good, old fashioned, 'man up'.
Man up because they have had more than enough sympathy in the past and need to pull their bloody socks up

pseudo_canadian

There's no way back for me for some of these players now. Not winning is acceptable - it happens. Not trying is unforgivable. I don't care if Ronald McDonald is the interim coach and you know your contract is up in 2 months. You play for the shirt and the fans. You're getting paid a fortune. You get to play for our club with some of the best fans in the world in one of the best stadiums in the world. Stop acting like petulant brats and get your act together. Most of them could and should go this summer.
Completely agree.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
There's very little left to say, although I think we've actually played worse this season. The only person who came out of this with any credit (although lots of people here never see it) was Lindelof. What really angers me is that you look at the bench and you don't see a game changer. That's how far we have fallen and that's the damage done to club in the past three years or so...

I see DDG got MoM here but he doesn't escape unscathed. He simply doesn't dominate his area and doesn't breed confidence. AWB is one of the worse full backs I ever seen in United shirt and Maguire is just an accident waiting to happen (however much Keown tells us that he's better of the right side of the CBs).

Pogba did exactly nothing yet again. He virtually never dominates the midfield and this time made Fabien Delph look classy. Bruno has forgotten how to play and yesterday's midfield was no better than the McFred that so many people moan about.

Yes, Ronaldo was anonymous but we never gave him the ball and it's is so clear that he is not a NO.9. Rashford has become a joke and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the summer. Just how is there no goal scorer in the junior ranks who we could bring in?

No idea who we bought from Dortmund in the summer but he certainly isn't the world-beater we were promised. Mata is done. Elanga doesn't look as if he's going to make the grade.

Most of the sides going for the top four (other than Spurs) are giving us openings and we fail to take advantage. Iwouldn't be at all surprised if Ten Hag turns the job down...

justsomebloke

There's very little left to say, although I think we've actually played worse this season. The only person who came out of this with any credit (although lots of people here never see it) was Lindelof. What really angers me is that you look at the bench and you don't see a game changer. That's how far we have fallen and that's the damage done to club in the past three years or so...

I see DDG got MoM here but he doesn't escape unscathed. He simply doesn't dominate his area and doesn't breed confidence. AWB is one of the worse full backs I ever seen in United shirt and Maguire is just an accident waiting to happen (however much Keown tells us that he's better of the right side of the CBs).

Pogba did exactly nothing yet again. He virtually never dominates the midfield and this time made Fabien Delph look classy. Bruno has forgotten how to play and yesterday's midfield was no better than the McFred that so many people moan about.

Yes, Ronaldo was anonymous but we never gave him the ball and it's is so clear that he is not a NO.9. Rashford has become a joke and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in the summer. Just how is there no goal scorer in the junior ranks who we could bring in?

No idea who we bought from Dortmund in the summer but he certainly isn't the world-beater we were promised. Mata is done. Elanga doesn't look as if he's going to make the grade.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ten Hag turns the job down...
I thought Lindelof was uncharacteristically awful - several bad mistakes.

Bruno and Rashford created pretty much all of what little we had in the first half, though both went AWOL in the second.

goalscholes

There was a time in the first half of yesterdays game where three of our players effectively pressed and forced Everton to kick the ball out of play.

That was the highlight yesterday, for me.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Very fair point.

DSG

I hate watching this team. With the pedigree of players we have, we should be doing much better.

The players should be playing better.

The coaches should be coaching better.

The manager should be preparing tactics better, making better substitutions.

The technical director / DoF should be buying better players.

The Glazers should get the feck out.

LoneStar

To prove to someone upstairs that they’re overpaid and shite? As much as I would like to see some youth players it’s also not fair to throw them into this situation which is super toxic at the moment.

This lot are some of the highest paid players in the world and there shouldn’t be any hiding for them just because it’s bleak. They got themselves into this situation and hiding on the bench while some 18 year old gets bullied on the pitch just doesn’t sit right with me.
Its not about just throwing the kids. Or hiding our starting 11. Its to make a statement that none of these players are guaranteed starters and that they are not performing.

I get your point about not throwing kids into a bad situation, but surely this is the best time to assess if any of them are ready to step up and be part of the senior squad next season. We got Rashford and Greenwood in this way, some players might be ready to play with the senior squad already.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Charity United; "3 Points For Those Who Need Them Most".

This club used to have pride.

croadyman

Think it's unbelievable that over half of the team beaten 4-0 in 2019 started on Saturday, so much for some of these players not playing again eh Ole.

UTD_Since_1978

Think it's unbelievable that over half of the team beaten 4-0 in 2019 started on Saturday, so much for some of these players not playing again eh Ole.
I think I vaguely remember thinking at the time, "I'll believe it when I see it"

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Everton 0:2 Man Utd