PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

C'est Moi Cantona

About as bad as it gets really, we just look to have given up completely.

Norwich will be fancying their chances, and Liverpool will be smelling blood, unless this lot find some self respect then it could really get embarrassing

arthurka

Moan when they say we’ll try again next week, moan when they call out the poor performance.

What is it you actually want for the team when they respond after a loss, are you literally never satisfied?

He’s taken somewhat of accountability and called out what we see.

You want him to say nothing? What then? You call him a coward for not facing the press?

Football fans are literally so fickle
For me this regurgitated BS is just wearing thin. Please just stop talking and put in some effort. Talk is cheap.

Huddsred

The players have no respect for the club, the manager, the fans or most importantly, themselves

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We miss personalities like Keane and Rooney and Rio. They demanded 100% from their team mates and weren’t afraid to explode at them when standards were dropping.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Assets should always be balanced against liabilities. These players are in the wrong column.
You tell me, mate. The Club is on the top 3 highest wages in the whole fecking world.

Tibs

We're actually shit...this is more mental than physical capability or Ralf's management.

We've been on the downward spiral for a while now, and now its all falling apart in front of us.

Only thing we can do now is hope for a miracle that we beat Liverpool, thus ensuring they won't win the league again. That's how far we've fallen.

OrcaFat

WHose place ROnaldo is taking? Cavani and Martial. Martial is never dependable, and Cavani is just injured.
Yeah but it’s the whole idea of it; Cavani too, by the way; their best days were long behind them. Those signings went against what the players and coach all thought they were a part of. It could be all in my head but if I’m thinking it, I wouldn’t be surprised if every person in the club hasn’t at least had it cross their mind at some point.

AndySmith1990

Years of appalling management
Years of appalling recruitment
Years of appalling attitudes
Years of overpaying and throwing money at the problem without any plan
Years of lowering of standards
Years of accepting mediocrity
Years of fans applauding failure
Years of making the same mistakes
Years of being blinded by sentimentality

One of the most expensively assembled squads in the world with one of the highest wage bills, and yet we're utter rubbish. This is by far the worst group of players I've seen at United in my lifetime. I hope to god that Ten Hag is given full control to get rid of any players he doesn't want.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
When you get right down to it out club leaders just continued with their poor decisions this season. First, making Ronaldo the highest paid player in the PL and the return is 10 goals from the run of play in the PL. Secondly, choosing RR as the interim manager and we see absolutely no "new manager" bounce and has a worse record than Ole this season.

Why should we think there will be improvement next season?

GarrinchaNZ

What a shit show...I honestly can't say I'm surprised...but, REALLY!

This pretty much sums up where this club is.

(This is my abridged version - no expletives)

UTD_Since_1978

I think even if Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal all lose or draw (if facing each other) their remaining matches we still won't get top 4.

Even if we end next season trophy less again, performance wise, we can't be any worse than this season...i hope.

I dunno what's going to happen in the summer but for me personally, I would be seriously looking at about 10 out & 10 in, realistic or not I don't care, something so needs to be done, without question, although I don't know what standard of players we can get without CL football, probably players that Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, Newcastle & Liverpool are not the slightest bit interested in, leaving us to just buy & hope they turn out class or keep our current crop & hope the new manager can do something with them.

Haaland certainly looks out of the question, so does Kane & Mbappe & probably anybody half decent in any position not just strikers.

The Purley King

I’ve seen lads leave a dance floor at 0600, cab home, couple of dialorylte, couple of slices of toast, travel 30 mins cramped up in the back of a mates car, pull some boots on, couple of smokes for a warm up - and they would still give more of a shit than this team.

it is an utter utter disgrace.

I feel like Renton giving the “it’s a shite state of affairs Tommy” speech in trainspotting.

abandon all hope ye who support this club………..

Canucantona20

Years of appalling management
Years of appalling recruitment
Years of appalling attitudes
Years of overpaying and throwing money at the problem without any plan
Years of lowering of standards
Years of accepting mediocrity
Years of fans applauding failure
Years of making the same mistakes
Years of being blinded by sentimentality

One of the most expensively assembled squads in the world with one of the highest wage bills, and yet we're utter rubbish. This is by far the worst group of players I've seen at United in my lifetime. I hope to god that Ten Hag is given full control to get rid of any players he doesn't want.
This is why I don’t blame Ralf. Ten Hag will need at least 3 years to fix this mess

Red00012

I think DDG is one of the few players that actually cares about the club

Roboc7

When you get right down to it out club leaders just continued with their poor decisions this season. First, making Ronaldo the highest paid player in the PL and the return is 10 goals from the run of play in the PL. Secondly, choosing RR as the interim manager and we see absolutely no "new manager" bounce and has a worse record than Ole this season.

Why should we think there will be improvement next season?
We shouldn’t, anyone who thinks otherwise is completely naive. Any positive change will have to be driven by the manager and he’ll be hindered by most of the people around him.

We recruit by Committee which has been a disaster, the only change to that will be the new manager. It’s a disgrace that more people haven’t lost their jobs and some have even been promoted . Too many people are too comfortable being rewarded for failure, players, staff, owners and no end is in sight.

Loon

:lol:
As the evening wears on I just get more upset about how things have gone so wrong with this club.

I have no idea who the next manager will be, but I just want him to have absolute power to ditch anyone, regardless of salary, status or anything.

These players should have nowhere left to hide.

Moriarty

You tell me, mate. The Club is on the top 3 highest wages in the whole fecking world.
Sometimes, you just have to shake your head. I'm surprised that Pogba hasn't been offered a whopping great increase to stay. Who is in charge of contract negotiations at United now that Woodward has stepped aside? Who's determining the value of the players?

AndySmith1990

We shouldn’t, anyone who thinks otherwise is completely naive. Any positive change will have to be driven by the manager and he’ll be hindered by most of the people around him.

We recruit by Committee which has been a disaster, the only change to that will be the new manager. It’s a disgrace that more people haven’t lost their jobs and some have even been promoted . Too many people are too comfortable being rewarded for failure, players, staff, owners and no end is in sight.
Too many people have been riding the gravy train at United. So much money continues to run through the club despite years of failure, there's little incentive for mass change as the lot of them continue to get richer. It's shameful. I genuinely hope one day the people responsible, from owners to players, look back and feel ashamed of themselves for the lack of professionalism, accountability, and effort.

48 hours

Sometimes, you just have to shake your head. I'm surprised that Pogba hasn't been offered a whopping great increase to stay. Who is in charge of contract negotiations at United now that Woodward has stepped aside? Who's determining the value of the players?
Matt Judge. Negotiates by making the highest offer first

Mmm-Qatarian

One thing I failed to understand about this game is why Rashford was predominantly deployed on the left and Sancho on the right when our build-up was so biased towards the left-side.

If you're going to focus your build up down the left, it surely makes sense to have the guy who is more suited to being a wide playmaker be playing on that flank and play somebody who is better equipped to making diagonal runs (i.e. Rashford) on the right?

Cathy Ferguson

1. Get a modern motivated manager in.
2. Establish a vision and strategy on how we should play.
3. Get rid of all coaches, scouts and players who are not suited to the strategy or level of expectation.
4. The manager must be in control of this process. Not clowns such as Fletcher, Phelan, Murtough or anyone else who has been part in the current mess. No more United DNA BS.
5. Back the manager in several transfer windows and be patient. This will not take 18 months, it will take several years. And that is assuming that we can sign players who are good enough to play for Liverpool which is a huge uncertainty based on our recent failings in the transfer market.

NHLYR 1878

I actually think you could get 100 million for them (ish).Probably a few clubs would be interested. Rashford is very pr friendly and has been a pretty decent player up to recent time. Maguire can be a solid defender for a team that wants to play a way that suits him.

their wages could be a obstacle. What about Newcastle?:nervous:
True about Rashford, but as a brand new signing, you'd surely want his impact to be mostly on the pitch.

Where to start with Maguire. I think he's just like Phil Jones in that he's having constant bad luck, but Maguire's misfortune is obviously occurring on the pitch accompanying his shite performances as opposed to off it with Jones and his constant injury setbacks.

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, just attempting to take off the United tinted specs and looking at how they'd realistically benefit another club were they looking to purchase either of them.

Correct too about Newcastle who could just go nuts and buy the pair of them, stranger things have happened.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Rumor that Pogba has been offered an INCREASED wage but he rejected it. Who is in charge? I don't know.

Roboc7

Too many people have been riding the gravy train at United. So much money continues to run through the club despite years of failure, there's little incentive for mass change as the lot of them continue to get richer. It's shameful. I genuinely hope one day the people responsible, from owners to players, look back and feel ashamed of themselves for the lack of professionalism, accountability, and effort.
There’s no incentive for change or accountability because everyone is being overpaid for failure. They just begin the cycle again whilst everyone gets a pay rise and the lauds it up when there is temporary improvement before the inevitable crisis. I can’t see anything changing for a long time unless we appoint an exceptional manager who can succeed inspite of everything and everyone around him.

steffyr2

Yeah but it’s the whole idea of it; Cavani too, by the way; their best days were long behind them. Those signings went against what the players and coach all thought they were a part of. It could be all in my head but if I’m thinking it, I wouldn’t be surprised if every person in the club hasn’t at least had it cross their mind at some point.
Awww. Poor babies. You mean they thought that no matter how badly they played, that a better player would never come in?
(Actually, they probably do think that.)

Gator Nate

The lack of cohesiveness in this squad is disturbing. How a group full of so much talent can put in shift after shift of such worthless drivel is beyond me. None of these players are as bad as all of them. They are less than the sum of their parts. And most of them visibly do not care.

While there are certainly a couple of these players I would love to keep, if any and all of them were shipped out this summer for half the talent and twice the motivation, I'd take it.

Everton were garbage for most of the game. The worst part of the first half was how much better we were. Until it came time to put it in the back of the net.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There’s no incentive for change or accountability because everyone is being overpaid for failure. They just begin the cycle again whilst everyone gets a pay rise and the lauds it up when there is temporary improvement before the inevitable crisis. I can’t see anything changing for a long time unless we appoint an exceptional manager who can succeed inspite of everything and everyone around him.
SAF tried and success method is just to get rid of players that have no hungers, regardless of their previous years performance. Beckham? SAF told him to get the feck out when he was just 28 y.o.

Dwight Yorke had been a massive part of 3 League titles in a row. But half season he showed no hunger, SAF fecked him out of United.

It's the same with RVN, player that just scored 24 goals pervious season to bring up 150 goals in 219 games.

And what do we do with the current ones? "Ohh.. he's been lazy in the last 2 years, but give him a chance next year. He might come good". THis kind of mentality that brings this Club down. From the owners, top management, down to (some) fans.

Last edited:

Ronaldo's Love Child

We have have too many players which we were dazzled into thinking were either world class or one of the "best rising stars" .

Martial
Rashford
Pogba
Sancho (yes, jury still out but he's in my list so far)
AWB
Fernandes

The problem is that they have poor games but then put a short run together of form so just as the axe is being sharpened they turn it on. Even OGS had the football gods smiling on him with this.
The thing is they weren’t really like that 12, 18 months ago. Not all of them anyway.

No doubt there were bad apples in there but what caused it to descend into the mess we have now? A single event or a drift in the culture (?) it seems much worse now than ever.

I would never say it is his fault but the worst of it came after we bought Ronaldo.
Yes but count how many bad apples we have.

Pogba
Martial
Rashford
Fernandes (unhappy and frustrated with his teammates)
Ronaldo (same as above)
Lingard (wanted to be sold or loaned out)
DVB (was promised more football but OGS lied to him)
Cavani (was persuaded to stay for another season and presumably made promises but then we bought Ronaldo).

Now our yourself in THAT dressing room

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Moan when they say we’ll try again next week, moan when they call out the poor performance.

What is it you actually want for the team when they respond after a loss, are you literally never satisfied?

He’s taken somewhat of accountability and called out what we see.

You want him to say nothing? What then? You call him a coward for not facing the press?

Football fans are literally so fickle
Everyone sing along:

Are you Harry Maguire in disguise,
are you Harry Maguire in disguise,
are you Harry Maguire in disguise?

James35

Our last 12 games W3 D5 L4… truly inspiring form. I can’t see us winning more than 1 game in the last 7 either.

The worst season ever for me as a supporter.

Bondi77

Nowhere to hide for this lot and I said in another thread that they will be lucky to finish 8th never mind top 4.
No heart, no quality on the ball when needed and it is sad to see Ronnie running around with this shower of shite.
Good luck to the new manager!

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
There's no way back for me for some of these players now. Not winning is acceptable - it happens. Not trying is unforgivable. I don't care if Ronald McDonald is the interim coach and you know your contract is up in 2 months. You play for the shirt and the fans. You're getting paid a fortune. You get to play for our club with some of the best fans in the world in one of the best stadiums in the world. Stop acting like petulant brats and get your act together. Most of them could and should go this summer.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Nowhere to hide for this lot and I said in another thread that they will be lucky to finish 8th never mind top 4.
No heart, no quality on the ball when needed and it is sad to see Ronnie running around with this shower of shite.
Good luck to the new manager!
To be fair, Ronnie was part of the shower of shite today. He looked 100% checked out. I get he was playing a thankless role, but he did not look bothered and walked around with his shoulders slumped most of the game.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Everton 0:2 Man Utd