PL L FA Premier League

Everton 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 April 2022

Robaldo

Don't think I'm being kneejerk when I say that was the most toothless United performance I've ever seen.

It always irks me when people say footballers' wages should be deducted but they should donate this week's money; that was an absolute farce.

People praise Ragnick for being snarky about the players - the same players that his job is to get a tune from. He's been diabolical in every sense: there has been no progress tactically, no progression from individuals, he's charmless and it shows in performances.

Hopefully there's a break clause in his consultancy.

RedDevil-85

Its a new low losing to this god awful Everton team.
Ralf has no clue , the players have no clue and its showing on the pitch.
Absolutely shocking stuff.

Foxbatt

At half time Hargreaves pointed out how most of our players were just jogging about. About the goal, he said Fred should never have passed it to Matic, who was under pressure already and then Matic to lose it and more importantly AWB just jogging back instead of sprinting back.
This whole lot should be sold. Who the hell made Maguire the Captain is an idiot.

mk7

At half time Hargreaves pointed out how most of our players were just jogging about. About the goal, he said Fred should never have passed it to Matic, who was under pressure already and then Matic to lose it and more importantly AWB just jogging back instead of sprinting back.
This whole lot should be sold. Who the hell made Maguire the Captain is an idiot.
AWB looked like a person black out-drunk asked to "go over there". And that's what he did - wandering over there under the greatest of strains and nothing more. He is for me one of the worst transfers this century.

Speako

I keep seeing and reading ‘we’ need to change this and ‘we’ need to clear out that, but who the hell is this ‘we’? Because this club does not have an experienced ownership and senior leadership team who are even remotely capable of making such decisions, let alone having the values or beliefs to do so. The match going fans are not going to turn in such a way that action will be taken, that’s been proven time and again. So those saying ‘we’ need to change the culture and performance from top to bottom (me included) are unfortunately pissing in the wind.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Where is that 80M pound of crap ? Why is it always ddg or shaw giving interviews after a poor result?

What a useless captain. A perfect symbol of the incompetence and cowardice of this team. I very much prefer Fellaini back over this guy.
When Maguire does give an interview, he usually only blames his team mates anyway

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Oh please he is the captain of FC Softasshit always the same shit. Spinless bunch of primadonnas.
Moan when they say we’ll try again next week, moan when they call out the poor performance.

What is it you actually want for the team when they respond after a loss, are you literally never satisfied?

He’s taken somewhat of accountability and called out what we see.

You want him to say nothing? What then? You call him a coward for not facing the press?

Football fans are literally so fickle

Oranges038

Said yesterday Everton would win this one.

This group of Utd players have no fight in them at all. Very little footballing intelligence throughout the team and too many players who have League 1 ability on the ball.

OrcaFat

I mean average as in placing random players that play for other lower-mid table teams. Because I've seen more competitiveness from a non professional footballer playing in an unofficial match. This is very worrying because even if they have a new manager, there's no guarantee it will change their outlook on football. A lot of change in players have to be done to reset everything I'm afraid.
Yes. All true.

I think I was trying to say that the lack of quality is part of the reason they don’t put proper shifts in. There are no properly elite players delivering week in week out, setting the bar and demanding the rest buck their ideas up. And they know that, as a group, they are not good enough to represent this club, even if some of the individuals could be, with the right application.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We all know who made Maguire captain, but who kept him as a captain is the bigger idiot.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Don't worry though guys, the media will come out in support of the players should the paying fans say something mildly off post match to the players and they offer out the fans.

Honestly feck them all. Overpaid, whiny, spineless losers. Worried more about where brand MUFC can help their business ventures and fashion lines than actually winning games for the club.

No wonder why the players want soft touch Poch and the hierarchy didn't dare get Conte in.

I don't like to lean into toxic masculinity but this team could use a dose of it.

OrcaFat

Don't worry though guys, the media will come out in support of the players should the paying fans say something mildly off post match to the players and they offer out the fans.

Honestly feck them all. Overpaid, whiny, spineless losers. Worried more about where brand MUFC can help their business ventures and fashion lines than actually winning games for the club.

No wonder why the players want soft touch Poch and the hierarchy didn't dare get Conte in.

I don't like to lean into toxic masculinity but this team could use a dose of it.
Someone with the authority of Conte is exactly what they need.

That alone won’t be enough - a few better players are needed - but we’d get more points than we managing at the moment.

RR goes on about physicality. Pep goes on about running. Klopp’s boys work hard. The physical component is extremely important and our lads are not scared of the consequences of phoning it in.

Despite our obvious lack of quality, we should be applying ourselves better.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A part of me thinks we should actually clear many first teamers (somehow) to send a clear message as to the standard of effort and application required. And I'm not just talking about the ones that are anyway goners.
Exactly amol, it's because the club does not and has not done this for years that we're in this state. Anderson stayed here for eight years doing nothing, poorly, on the back of half a good season and it's continued ever since.

We are fecking Comfort Zone FC.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Exactly amol, it's because the club does not and has not done this for years that we're in this state. Anderson stayed here for eight years doing nothing, poorly, on the back of half a good season and it's continued ever since.
I know it sounds drastic and almost never happens but neither does a club spending this much and continuing to be a broken football team. But I doubt any club would be brave enough for a really major turnover of players in one go.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I know it sounds drastic and almost never happens but neither does a club spending this much and continuing to be a broken football team. But I doubt any club would be brave enough for a really major turnover of players in one go.
It's not drastic, just having a semblance of a required standard. If you're not performing, you should be moved on. We keep waiting for duds to suddenly turn it around.

Foxbatt

We all know who made Maguire captain, but who kept him as a captain is the bigger idiot.
You simply cannot change a Captain when there is no manager. Ralf is not the manager. I am presuming the next manager is going to change things.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
These bunch of spineless pampered feckers just don't care because:
1. Safe to know that the CLub see them as "assets" where extending contracts is Club's preference,
2. Most fans always let them be, with "intrigue how they perform with a new manager" mentality and thinking,
3. They just need to "perform" once in a blue moon, and their fans would be salivating.

Who in their right mind can expect them to change?

Red Daz

That was a poor showing, I just can’t see how it ever gets better, I hope ETH graduated from Hogwarts

ForeverRed1

I doubt we'd get 100 quid let alone 100 million.

In all seriousness, put yourself in the eyes of another club, who'd want to buy those two?

Honestly if I had the power I'd terminate the contracts of 3/4 of the squad. This shit can no longer be tolerated.
I actually think you could get 100 million for them (ish).Probably a few clubs would be interested. Rashford is very pr friendly and has been a pretty decent player up to recent time. Maguire can be a solid defender for a team that wants to play a way that suits him.

their wages could be a obstacle. What about Newcastle?:nervous:

OrcaFat

These bunch of spineless pampered feckers just don't care because:
1. Safe to know that the CLub see them as "assets" where extending contracts is Club's preference,
2. Most fans always let them be, with "intrigue how they perform with a new manager" mentality and thinking,
3. They just need to "perform" once in a blue moon, and their fans would be salivating.

Who in their right mind can expect them to change?
The thing is they weren’t really like that 12, 18 months ago. Not all of them anyway.

No doubt there were bad apples in there but what caused it to descend into the mess we have now? A single event or a drift in the culture (?) it seems much worse now than ever.

I would never say it is his fault but the worst of it came after we bought Ronaldo.

Red_toad

Have to ask what do the players do in training all week? I see them doing passing and fitness work on the MUTV YouTube stuff. Then when they take to the pitch it looks like they don’t practice patterns of play, dead ball situation, crossing, running into space or making themselves available to receive a pass. Seriously something wrong at our club, haven’t seen a player for years deliver consistent corner kicks.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I would never say it is his fault but the worst of it came after we bought Ronaldo.
And Sancho and Varane also? Maybe we should let them all 3 go?? Yeh make sense, those three makes Maguire, Shaw, AWB and Rashford to suddenly play shit and lazy.

Who knows what's going on. It started with the same manager at the beginning of season also.

Last edited:

OrcaFat

And Sancho and Varane also. Maybe we should let them all 3 go?
Yeah it’s probably coincidence. Having said that, I don’t think I would be too chuffed if I was any of our attacking players that we bought a 36 year old. I’m not sure if Ole was too happy either.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah it’s probably coincidence. Having said that, I don’t think I would be too chuffed if I was any of our attacking players that we bought a 36 year old. I’m not sure if Ole was too happy either.
WHose place ROnaldo is taking? Cavani and Martial. Martial is never dependable, and Cavani is just injured.

RopersReturn

Awful side full of has beens and average at best quality players who Won’t adapt to change.
With the exception of Fred, Sancho, Fernandes & Elanga, we need the mother of clear outs this summer. In fact every players place should be called into question.

Castia

It’s a bunch of lads turning up for a kick around they can’t be bothered putting in effort they‘ve completely switched off.

Wonder if they’re ashamed when pulling up for training. I won’t forget this or forgive these performances the lot of them can be sold for me.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Everton 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Everton 0:2 Man Utd