PL W FA Premier League

Everton 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 November 2023

sugar_kane

I'm not sure of an easy way to find this out, but it feels like that is the first time in ages we've won both fixtures either side of the international break.

The Purley King

So you scored Rashford and Bruno both 2 as both “did absolutely f all.” ?
Rashford overall wasn't great, i scored him a 4, below average but off the top of my head i recall, he controlled lindeloffs long ball with a deft touch and made a lovely weighted pass into dalot to cross for Garnachos goal, he scored a pen whilst low and confidence and under great pressure. He later briefly switched to the left flank and immediately had more impact, making a run and firing a cross in that Garnacho blasted into the side netting. should have been a goal.

Bruno had a pretty decent game, not brilliant but a solid 7, two assists with slide rule passes into martials path into the centre of the box, one led to the penalty and one to the martial 3rd goal. So that ranks him a 2 In your eyes??

lets hope Rashfords confidence improves, hes clearly struggling with it, hopefully he gets back to last years superb. Meanwhile lets all get in his back and fire out the hate..??
It might be a case of apart from x, y, z what have the Romans ever done for us, but I was hugely frustrated with Bruno yesterday. Two good passes yes, but constantly giving the ball away is driving me insane.
Rashford was a clear 2. I can't bear his lack of application and effort. He's got to the stage where everything he does wrong is someone elses fault.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't, that was good captaincy, Rashford is well short on confidence and Bruno knows that, scoring a goal might kick start him
I would love for that to happen.
But it seemed to make no difference at all to his performance after scoring that penalty.

Hughes35

Genuine question. How bad does Rashford need to get / for how long before he's dropped ? He's been absolutely awful for some time now.

Nice to score a few goals for once, especially a worldie. Mainoo looked great.

We need to be better against Newcastle though. We won't get away with that 25 minutes in the first half against them.

ti vu

Genuine question. How bad does Rashford need to get / for how long before he's dropped ? He's been absolutely awful for some time now.

We need to be better against Newcastle though. We won't get away with that 25 minutes in the first half against them.
He won't get dropped. Our other option for RW is meh, and ETH seems to indebt to Rashford for last season (his X factor) that he would try to shoehorn him onto right wing at least for now.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The future is bright for United. Mainoo, Amad, Mejbri. Love ETH giving Mainoo start over Amrabat. Risky to give first start to a teenager in a tough game. Balsy. Love him bringing Peliatri off who provided positives.

Mainoo will be a star. Quick feet, great vision

Rashford did not do anything right apart from the gimme pk

Mainoo was everywhere
Maguire was so solid.

Mainoo was excelent

Onana had a solid game.

Rashford was horrendous. Bruno’s pass was equisite.

McT didn’t make a single positive forward pass.
But what did you think of Mainoo.

Zlatans Knee

I would definitely start Pellistri instead of Rashford in the next game. But I am also looking forward to getting Amad back so that we have another young, intelligent, technically skilled played on the pitch - like Mainoo.

Maticmaker

Once again in the 'moments' we did play, we got the goals. In the moments we didn't, thanks to our keeper and some wayward shooting of the opposition. we didn't concede.

Wonder goal from Garnacho and Mainoo was a revelation, for one so young his temperament and positional play... fantastic, lets hope he doesn't get overloaded with hope of fans!!!

Some good performances , but apart from the pen, Rashford still looks as though he rather be anywhere else, and his half hearted attempts to replicate what he did with ease last season is worrying.

Bruno took a big chance giving him the penalty to take, but thankfully Rashford can still hit a stationary, placed ball, with accuracy and some gusto... now if only he could get back to his other strengths....!

Lee565

Once diallo and all other wingers and strikers are fit, rashford may have to look over his shoulder because as seen with mainoo and garnacho, the youngsters are outshining the more senior players in their respective positions and think diallo may do the same on the right wing instead of rashford

IRN-BRUno

Fortunate to be in front at half-time, a better performance after that and ended up being fairly comfortable. It's still not great but there's been gradual improvement in recent weeks, if that can continue during this tough period coming up then suddenly our position looks a lot healthier.

Mainoo very impressive. Not an easy game to be thrown into but I think the best compliment you can give him is that he looked like someone who'd already played many games at this level.

Garnacho.. wow. Not much else to say about that!

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Great spirit, clean sheet and Goal of the Season. More technical issues:

1. Lindelöf was eaten alive by DCL in 1st half. 80% of problems came from this. Can’t wait for Licha return.
2. Shaw (understandably) not at his best but still infinitely better than anyone at LB.
3. Bruno is sh*t but still has end result.
4. Höjlund must learn from Martial. Runs, tight space, pausing, all those litttle things that make Martial great when he’s in mood. We don’t need a young £75m Wout Weghorst.
5. Obama for presidency
DCL ate our whole defense alive. He was fantastic. Was there ever any effort to go after this guy? Or is he made of glass.

buchansleftleg

At this point Rashford can only be being played so he is "in the shop window" for any potential buyers. His body language is abysmal and matches his overall effort at the moment.

Something is clearly happening behind the scenes...maybe he's already been told he is being offered to other clubs...maybe he's butthurt over his fwend Sancho's treatment...maybe he's just been found out by Erik's tactical demands...maybe he is being played to highlight how poor he has become.

At this point he needs to either leave the club or "work hard" and see if he can find some form. Confidence, match fitness, hell even poor technique can be excused...but lack of effort is totally unacceptable.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rashford has a disappointing game. On the left, he will take on defenders and tries to score. On the right, he doesn't take on defenders but pass to the overlapping player. I am not sure if Erik purposely design this situation, why not just drop him? Pellestri offers a lot more for someone with less experience and pace. I think it is all in his mind.

pacifictheme

Pellistri is awful. I don't know why people think he should be starting league games.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
At this point Rashford can only be being played so he is "in the shop window" for any potential buyers. His body language is abysmal and matches his overall effort at the moment.

Something is clearly happening behind the scenes...maybe he's already been told he is being offered to other clay bs...maybe he's butthurt over his fwend Sancho's treatment...maybe he's just been found out by Erik's tactical demands...maybe he is being played to highlight how poor he has become.

At this point he needs to either leave the club or "work hard" and see if he can find some form. Confidence, match fitness, hell even poor technique can be excused...but lack of effort is totally unacceptable.
Why does it have to be this behind the scenes gossipy drama queen crap? Ya just have to look at his history with us. He goes off the boil for lengths of time, and then gets back into form and becomes a monster. The question is, does United want to continue putting up with it, especially if he's out of forum an entire season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Pellistri is awful. I don't know why people think he should be starting league games.
He shouldn't be starting, I agree. He's too lightweight, even his shot attempts look like they're made by an U15 player playing with the senior team. But he's tidy enough on the ball, his first instinct is to use his team mates and progress the ball as a team. Useful enough to be used as a sub. Made a big contribution to Martial's goal for example.

Let's see what Amad can do when he comes back.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Rashford has a disappointing game. On the left, he will take on defenders and tries to score. On the right, he doesn't take on defenders but pass to the overlapping player. I am not sure if Erik purposely design this situation, why not just drop him? Pellestri offers a lot more for someone with less experience and pace. I think it is all in his mind.
He needs to do that on the left as well, sometimes that is the right option, he did that against Everton on the right and it ended up with a goal, Rashford's biggest issue is he mostly chooses the wrong option or takes too long to make a decision

Hughie77

They had plenty of attempts, maybe should have took one in the 1st half.
Goals change games and the pen was the one after that it was comfy, Onana had a good save and that was it. Shaw what a difference he makes, Mainoo I was a bit worried before the game he wouldn't cope away at Goodison!.. wow didn't have to the kid was immense and I even thought he needed a bit of help after the last 20 mins of the 1st half, but no he was boss 2nd half till he came off .. win that was needed under pressure..

Thom Merrilin

You are simply using words other than "dive" to agree that he dived. Contact is not relevant.
Theres actually a very clear difference. Contact is literally the only relevant difference between imbelishment and simulation. You can think he went down easily but that doesn't make it simulation.

Waynne

Garnacho doing the Ronaldo SIU celebration ruined that moment for me, Urgh !!!

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
More than a real deal. The way he prepare to receive the ball, reading the game, and application of technique into the game is beyond class. He looks like a seasoned pro than the likes of McTominay (No insult here, McTom is a good B2B but not a 6). Only injuries and outside factors could ruin him for now.

Strelok

Garnacho doing the Ronaldo SIU celebration ruined that moment for me, Urgh !!!
Kinda same here think he should have done the Rooney one. That goal surely deserves such celebration imo.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You are simply using words other than "dive" to agree that he dived. Contact is not relevant.
The fact his path to goal was impeded is very relevant though. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if referees always ruled that sort of thing as a dive, but for many years that has consistently been called as a foul. You can't change the rules just because you don't like Martial.

henrysquire

For all of our terrible play and results, we are only 6pts from the summit, and ahead of Saudi boys. Odd.

norm87cro

I fear for our midfield with Joelinton smashing into everyone. I watched their match yesterday and was hoping he was going to get sent off.

I notice he goes down a lot so the rest of the team can regroup. He does the dirt work so Guimaraes can play.
Look mate it really doesnt matter. Last year away to them we got totally outclassed by a team that wanted the ball more had a game plan and wasnt afraid to get stuck in. The Burn foul on Antony should have been a booking but apart from that they crushed us and this year they only got better.

norm87cro

That's the spirit!
What spirit? We beat Luton, Everton, Wolves and Burnley but got spanked by Spurs and City. I dread the Liverpool game. In all fairness we did better against Arsenal and probably should have won that game 2 1. Arteta wasnt moaning about the refs then

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
For all of our terrible play and results, we are only 6pts from the summit, and ahead of Saudi boys. Odd.
I believe we are in a false position. Everton was the first win we had by more than a goal which says a lot .We have a tough run coming up with the Saudis , Chelsea, Dippers , West Ham & Villa.
Let’s see where we are after that.

Reducation

Theres actually a very clear difference. Contact is literally the only relevant difference between imbelishment and simulation. You can think he went down easily but that doesn't make it simulation.
In your mind, if a player "went down easily" did he hit the deck voluntarily or involuntarily?

Thom Merrilin

In your mind, if a player "went down easily" did he hit the deck voluntarily or involuntarily?
Voluntarily. I think most of the time when players hit the deck it's voluntary to some degree. As in if they really wanted to they could stay on their feet.

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 74% of 326 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 306 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw