CL L Champions League Group A

FC Copenhagen 4:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 08 November 2023

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
2 shocking decisions decided it in the first half.

In the second half, the mentality of the team decided it. They didn’t show urgency to keep the 3-2 lead, but they started chasing around when 4-3 down.

Mentally weak. Bringing on Mont did nothing, what a shock.

SER19

For the first time in my life, I genuinely smell some sort of corruption in the actual on field game. It's not possible for this many decisions, especially such terrible ones, to happen, and for almost every game to be so farcical. VAR as a system is incredibly corruptible.

chris123

Four goals from four crosses. Inexcusable defending, particularly Varane and Dalot.

zaafi

Let's face it. We don't belong in the Champions League.

We're an average club that belong in Europa League with Rangers, Panathinaikos and Molde. fecking pathetic.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Mentality midgets when going a man down, always.

Ref did all he could to give them the game too, I detest refereeing in Europe. Genuinely no point playing when they want to ruin the game like that.

abailey123

The first game where you can say we didn’t deserve that. Effort was there and the performance was good. Dalot must be one of the most flat footed defenders I’ve ever seen though

Superunknown

Disappointed after being 2-0 up. We should have reacted better, but we had two or three huge decisions go against us. The red card, the penalty, and the potential offside for their first goal. It wasn't a fair game.

Roboc7

VAR is a farce and a lottery but our performance and lack of quality when down to ten men was shite.

Rex Banner

Never known a side to crumble as much as us when going down to 10 men. It's not a recent thing either. Even under Fergie, we were always terrible at it.

Beckham77

Never a red card.

Lad offside interfering in front of Onana for the first goal.

Never a pen.

Red card for the elbow on Hojlund.

Never a pen for us.

Absolutely sick of VAR and wank referees.

DavelinaJolie

Is there a way we can go out of the CL and not go into the Europa League? Would rather have no Europe that EL.

Gopher Brown

Everything about that was a joke. Utterly ridiculous: Red card. Giving away a 2-0 lead. Giving away a 3-2 lead. No subs despite playing for 60min a man down. Shambolic goalkeeping and 'playing out from the back' which fecks us over again. The mentality of these players - get rid of the weak ones. I've seen teams hang on for most of the game with 9 men.

A new 5 year deal for a defender who can't defend.

Our defensive weakness at cut-backs has been replaced with back post crosses cos our fullbacks are shite and the wingers think they're too important to defend.

McTerminator

Once upon a time I’d be absolutely livid with this, now I’m just bemused.

TNT saying “what a game!” Was it?

If this is an interesting game of football then I just no longer find it interesting. It’s full and honestly a waste of 90 minutes these days.

That said if Ten Hag doesn’t go mental about the standard of officiating this season after that game I’ll lose a lot of respect for him.

Anyway, first game I’ve watched in 6 and probably the last I’ll watch this season. Better things to do.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We reverted back to 4231 and actually played some decent football. It took a lot of bad luck but Ten Hag isn't helping himself with the decision and in game management.

moodyred

Relax people. We will win the next two.

I don't know how else to get through the season other than to say that.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Let's face it. We don't belong in the Champions League.

We're an average club that belong in Europa League with Rangers, Panathinaikos and Molde. fecking pathetic.
This is sadly true.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I don't encourage violence but I feel like giving Dalot a good slap on his left cheek.
If he should've learned by now, he would have. He's a 0 IQ player who we keep on playing and rewarding with 5 year contracts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sick of these refs. In almost every single game we have dropped points in this season we have had at least one huge decision go against us. Spurs, Arsenal, City, Bayern, Copenhagen. Ridiculous calls game after game. We’ve conceded a penalty in every CL game this season and bar the Casemiro one against Gala, all of them have been questionable at best.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Some great performances in there tonight, good signs even though we lost. Garnacho & AWB were great.
We conceded 4 goals to FC Copenhagen. There are no good signs. Whatsoever. This is an absolute travesty.

Walters_19_MuFc

VAR is shite but having gone 3-2, we should have been able to see it out. Shite defending and poor decisions lost us the game in the end.

No way we should be conceding four, regardless of whether we were down to 10 men. Fecking shocking.

Jamie Shawcross

Sorry, but those decisions killed us tonight. Absolutely horrific officiating. That red card was one of the most ridiculous decisions I have seen in football. Completely unintentional, no malice, other player unscathed, yet they stop the game to use VAR to look for a reason to send Rashford off. I didn't realise that's what VAR was for? The penalty a shocking decision too. God awful defending at the end, inexcusable, but we should have been 4 or 5-0 up at that point. We were coasting. Oh well. Just hope we don't get third.

Todd

This team will continue to find ways to embarrass itself. It will not end any time soon.

Failing to qualify from this group is a lesson in abject failure.

Starting to wonder if Ten Hag will be around in the new year.

Betson

Not content to be a running joke across England , we have to be one across Europe as well.

What other major Club in Europe does not qualify out of this group , never mind finish bottom which is where we are heading.

The club is a total basket case.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • FC Copenhagen win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% FC Copenhagen 1:2 Man Utd