PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Tue, 18 May 2021

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's reality that the game was meaningless to the players. You can create whatever illusion you want that will motivate them to fight to the end in that sort of game but the reality is they just won't have been that bothered. Just like City players against Brighton.

Absolutely mess of people making out this is some big drama because weve had a bad week after a disruptive and congested schedule with otherwise pointless remaining games.

The agenda is boring. Support the manager, he's here next year. Oh and a reminder that he barely got any support in the window last summer unlike some managers.
Comparing us to City’s position is absurd. They have won 2 trophies already and have been serial winners over the last 3 years.

Plus it’s hardly an illusion that we have lost momentum in the build up to an important final for this group of players and coach.

You seem to have a range of issues going on with posts but can’t seem to focus on one at a time with the tired old narrative that it’s ‘agenda driven.’
Whether fans support the manager or not is irrelevant, it’s their right to support or defer. It’s not a pre requisite of being a fan. You do come across as a PR for the club. Relax a little bit

bsCallout

Comparing us to City’s position is absurd. They have won 2 trophies already and have been serial winners over the last 3 years.

Plus it’s hardly an illusion that we have lost momentum in the build up to an important final for this group of players and coach.

You seem to have a range of issues going on with posts but can’t seem to focus on one at a time with the tired old narrative that it’s ‘agenda driven.’
Whether fans support the manager or not is irrelevant, it’s their right to support or defer. It’s not a pre requisite of being a fan. You do come across as a PR for the club. Relax a little bit
When did I compare our positions to City's? I compared the relevance of each respective game. You and others seem to compare the position.

You have no idea yet if the lost momentum will have an impact, further more the momentum was disrupted by our fans by preventing the Liverpool game going ahead.

If youre a fan of the club you should support our players and manager not spend all your time criticising them and hoping they fail.

bsCallout

Nope just not watching games with my red tinted glasses like you. If you can't see we're not putting teams away, not just last night but all season, then more fool you.
I didn't realise that putting teams away was a given. What a ridiculous point.

always_hoping

Said this before, but if the injury is as first described he won't make the Euros let alone the Europa...
He's clearly in bother, Solskjaer comments in media about his hope that Harry will be fit and giving him every chance is I think a ploy to keep Villarreal guessing.

pascell

I didn't realise that putting teams away was a given. What a ridiculous point.
Putting away teams like Sheff Utd and Fulham should be a given, we're Man United, not Colchester United. But you're ok with us failing to beat those teams, that's fine, I'm sure you're chuffed with last nights result as well :)

Cantonagotmehere

I am just so sick of 2 defensive midfielders vs these lower level teams. It makes no sense to me, and we see it every damn time.

The Cavani goal in front of the fans outweighs everything though. What a feeling!

bsCallout

Putting away teams like Sheff Utd and Fulham should be a given, we're Man United, not Colchester United. But you're ok with us failing to beat those teams, that's fine, I'm sure you're chuffed with last nights result as well :)
Absolutely. I mean how bad are City losing to Brighton & Leeds.

Drawing to WBA, WHU, LU.

Scraping past Newcastle, Villa, SHU, SOU.

A team of that quality should walk all over them.

But let's pretend a game against Fulham in a game that is a complete dead rubber has any relevance.

This bizarre idea that a team should stroll through the league is ridiculous. Even Fergie couldn't. Especially with the circumstances this season.

bsCallout

I am just so sick of 2 defensive midfielders vs these lower level teams. It makes no sense to me, and we see it every damn time.

The Cavani goal in front of the fans outweighs everything though. What a feeling!
The likelihood is that it will be the team against Villareal and it's a case of keeping them ticking over. Rather than anything tactical.

bsCallout

Good point, could be true, but it feels like we have done it that way vs the low level teams and it sure has not worked.
I think part of the reason it that those teams just try to counter and with our current midfield options any alternative seems to really leave us vulnerable because of a lack of 'legs'. Pogba, VDB and Matic don't have the legs to get back in when we are countered.

Maticmaker

Three things about last nights match
1/ Back watching a game live at OT, even after watching for years, it still felt good to be back!
2/ Cavani's first goal in front of live fans, just had to be a 'worldie' didn't it..? 'Theatre of dreams' ..indeed it is!
3/ Once McTominay went off we surrendered mid field and Loftus-Creek took over.

TheBreadTruck

How bad was our control of the game when McT came off though - I don't think we have had a choice this season tbh with the personnel.

Absolutely gutted if this continues into next season, and we don't get the right players in to change it up.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
When did I compare our positions to City's? I compared the relevance of each respective game. You and others seem to compare the position.

You have no idea yet if the lost momentum will have an impact, further more the momentum was disrupted by our fans by preventing the Liverpool game going ahead.

If youre a fan of the club you should support our players and manager not spend all your time criticising them and hoping they fail.
Of course I did say I wanted them to fail. Clearly implied in my post :lol:

Coops73

This argument is and always will be silly. If no one could ever judge anything they couldn't do better themselves then this place wouldn't exist for a start. It's such a defensive and childish way of looking at it.
No it isn’t, I’m all for opinions but I would suggest that claiming to have superior knowledge and understanding of how to coach and manage a squad of professional football players is childish and silly and probably driven by that awkward pubescent period, we’ve all been there.

You comment on here a lot so maybe that’s where your defensiveness comes into play but the weathers getting better and lockdown is easing, there’s positivity in the air, you should just go with it.

cyril C

Three things about last nights match
1/ Back watching a game live at OT, even after watching for years, it still felt good to be back!
2/ Cavani's first goal in front of live fans, just had to be a 'worldie' didn't it..? 'Theatre of dreams' ..indeed it is!
3/ Once McTominay went off we surrendered mid field and Loftus-Creek took over.
I think the game must be analysed in 2 halves. During 1st 60th min, the team played with intensity and desire, generally expected from playing in front of fans. Scoring was expected and Greenwood should have converted his chance.

Once Sub taken place, the team slowed down a lot, challenges taken less seriously possibly to avoid injury (unfortunately still had 2), more ball watching and less concentration.

If we can repeat the 1st 60th min performance for 95, without the lapse in concentration during 1st 5min, typical of our CL games, with at least 2 out of 3 injury players returned, we have good chance.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 167 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham
  • 24% Man Utd 3:0 Fulham