PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 November 2023

Appletonred

Two poor teams, we will do well to qualify for any kind of european football next season, dreadful.

always_hoping

A win and clean sheet which is rare enough for that group of United players.

Late winner justice done on the VAR and the ref disallowing that 1st half goal but in between those two goals it was such a poor quality contest. Fulham will probably be looking at themselves in the dressing room the most, playing at home against a bang out of form team and just seemed happy with a 0-0 result.

Betson

Happy with the win and badly needed 3 pts.

But the performance overall was another underwhelming one , we are really struggling right now and hard to see it turn around.

mu4c_20le

Bruno post match comments are nonsense. Saying we had the better chances and deserved to win.

I’m all for confidence building but they need to be aware that what they did today was not good enough.
He's the captain what do you expect him to say :lol:

mintyred

Another poor performance vs a poor team and a moment of brilliance to win it late on. It goes to show how simply haven’t better players will take you over the line.

A team of athletes with no athleticism.

Ole ball is back.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Shocking performance but thankful for the 3pts.

My concern is I automatically think that the players will think ‘Great, pressures off us now’ and they just go into Copenhagen complacent and then we’re right back to square one.

This group don’t strike me as particularly mentally strong and rather than this being a catalyst for a good run of form, I can’t help but think they approach it like they’ll have a few days off from the scrutiny with nothing actually changing.

Marcus

Have we rebounded from rock bottom? A win is a win.

Sgreddevil

Defensively our backline has been great and giving us a chance to win the game. Maguire in particular has been performing well and carrying the team. Kudos to him for turning around when we needed that stability.
Terrible attacking plays and we had been lucky to win the game to be honest. A better team would have taken this game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Away win with a clean sheet. Can't ever knock that, but absolutely golden at the moment.

Heinzesight

The big positive was Pellistri showing in that game that if you actually jump for a header you might win one. Better than Antony.

Such a relief but the goal doesn’t mask how awful Fernandes was for 90 minutes. Basic errors from him all the time.

Take the points and build on it. There was a sign of the players showing a bit more bite in the tackle and desire.

Jenas showed his true colours. A colossal bastard of a man.

MrBest

Wow, can't complain with the win. So so poor though, painful to watch, boring, tedious. For about the 6th time this season hopefully we build from this, some confidence at the very least!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Shite game but I'm always ecstatic when we grab a late winner.

BootsyCollins

Onana, Harry, Evans, AWB, Bruno, Garnacho and Pelistri was all ok.
McT was not horrible.
Höjlund did what he could.
Dalot should not play leftback.

Eriksen and Antony should not play on a higher level than australian 3rd division when they perform like this. Eriksen have some coins in the bank so i guess one could write it off as a bad day, Antony plays like this every match now and Pelistri did more in the 30 minutes he played than Antony has the last 3 months.

Biggest problem is still our general play. No idea what our gameplan is, and we are so still being outfought most of the time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was an awful performance but a win is a win. Well taken class goal for Fernandes. Maguire MoM. AWB and Garnacho good as well. Nice cameo by Mount. With Luton coming up, a much needed win.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
God knows how we won that. Not going to pretend I didn’t celebrate like a nutter, but it’s moments fc yet again

Fts 74

It's a big win that!The performance obviously wasn't great which is understandable but we'll take it.

Maguire Wan Bissaka good.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Was our celebration really for 2 minutes?
I get adding time but 2 whole minutes is pushing it.

cj_sparky

We are stuck in a loop. Not the best performance, but a win is a win.

Still carrying too many players, who aren't good enough and don't deserve to get game time from the start.

RedDevilRoshi

Didn’t watch the game but saw the goal. Bruno will get the plaudits for the winning finishing touch but Pellistri - made that goal. Wasn’t for him, we would not be speaking about a massive much-needed 3 points we just got right now. His willingness to press hard for the ball & win it in their danger area which is what set Bruno up to score the winner. Well played son.

BorisManUtd

Fulham look really poor atm so in happier times we'd probably beat them 4/5-0 and have that statement win and performance. Nowadays it's a real struggle and meh performance but at least it's a 3 points so that's something. Not a turning point though, just like neither of previous wins were :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not really deserved and not a great performance.

Antony has gotta be dropped at this point. I’m not keen on Pellistri but he offers more than Antony.

Maguire and McTominay are our best players, I don’t understand it.
Yeah. Pellistri will either have a match where he's okay or he's absolutely awful, but that's still a damn sight better than Antony stinking up the place every game.

Siorac

Bruno, Mount, McTom, Eriksen - no actual midfielder among them. How could we genuinely approach a game with no midfield?

We didn't even attempt to play through midfield, it's like we've given that up completely.
We don't really have a combination that doesn't amount to giving up the midfield, particularly with Casemiro injured (and in his current form he doesn't add much either).

Alemar

How did we win it with this performance? Unbelievable shit, quite frankly.

very happy for the points, but all the rest was simply terrible.

The Dane

It’s still worrying how desperate we are in the final minutes when we try to hold on to a lead. Basic skills are thrown out of the window and we desperately kick the ball away without even trying to pass to team member and hold on to the ball.

eire-red

Result was what was crucial today, so willing to overlook the performance given what happened in the last 6 days.

RomfordRed75

Terrible performance but will take the 3 points. Maguire and AWB very good today. The rest very meh...less said about Antony the better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It won't live long in the memory but we found a way to get a result today. I guess, in the end, that's what matters. Hopefully a few more of these will give the players the confidence they need to perform, because they have to be better. They really do.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 249 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fulham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Fulham 1:2 Man Utd