PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 November 2023

Red_Aaron

Not pretty by any means but just what the doctor ordered

Something similar midweek and we can maybe start to put the season back together again

SATA

Win in Denmark next week and then beat Luton which I think we’ll do, we’ll look and feel good again going into the international break

Tiber

Even watching us win is a soul crushing experience. Nice 10 seconds around the goal though

RedOrange

And with Maguire/McTominay being among the better performers etc. After the 60th minute, we were the ones slowly fading away from the match. The difference was that Fulham could not take advantage of it.
Yeah. I'm still hoping that the club uses this run of decent football for Maguire and McTominay to move them on for decent fees in the January window and bring in another centre back or two, but given recent history the more likely outcome is that they'll both get new contracts.

Dosse

After all the negativity this felt reslly good! Still alot to work on but atleast i saw digns today and some effort. I hope we can build from this!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
McTominay: “We saw the banner before the game and the fans pay good money to come and see us, the support is relentless every single week and we just want to repay them as best we can.”

Anyone know what the banner was?
Play like you mean it

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Apology if I have missed it. But does anyone know what the problem was with Maguire?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Thought Garnacho was an improvement over Rashford in current form because even though he didn't do much, at least he was aggressive and played with a purpose.

Maguire and Bissaka were decent.

Antony channeling his inner Memphis Depay (the bad version)

Eriksen..I mean you have to play him if it isn't Amrabat because at least he's a presence there, but he really looks like off the pace. Somehow physical contact with Andy Carrol has aged him 20 years.

I don't think Pellistri has any bones or muscles in his feet. Never quite sure if he's kicking the ball or the ball is pushing his legs. He scuffs literally everything.

Hard to decipher how bad the game was vs how much worse listening to Jermaine Jenas was making it seem.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Happy with that. Thought we were hard done by chalking off that McTominay goal too. No question about showing less fight than Fulham too.

I hope people observed how hard Garnacho worked off the ball. Absolutely light years ahead of Rashford. And as they game wore on he became more dangerous. If and when Rashford comes back into the side (fitness related today) I'd play him off the right and get him to supply Hojlund.
That was Garnacho's best performance for us, he didn't give up when things didn't quite work, and he should stay on the left, Pellestri on the right and let it sink in to Rashford's head that he's not an automatic starter when fit

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Apology if I have missed it. But does anyone know what the problem was with Maguire?
Clash of heads after 40 secs, suspect there wasa touch of concussion there but he wasn't gonna come off

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That was Garnacho's best performance for us, he didn't give up when things didn't quite work, and he should stay on the left, Pellestri on the right and let it sink in to Rashford's head that he's not an automatic starter when fit
I think his performance against Fulham last season was his best performance to date. But out of possession he is just way ahead of Rashford. And as a supplier he is also way ahead of him. Hence, I'd try Rashford out on the right, and instruct him to supply Hojlund, but only keeping his place if he works hard out of possession (which is unlikely).

RedIan

Very happy to get 3 points. I thought the players fought well and made effort. Confidence is rock bottom and the quality is sorely missing.
Anthony needs taking out of the team.
Maguire a rock despite clearly being ill.

El-Manos

Garnacho MOTM for me but maguire was decent too. Horrendous football and I’m done with Antony. He’s terrible

Maticmaker

Back on for the treble eh lads?
"Always look on the bright side of life...de dum.. de dum...de dum..!!!"

"United never lose... they just run out of time..." not today though!

saivet

Didn't watch the game, how were we? Improved performance?

Giggsy’s left foot

Antony isn’t anywhere near the level that should be starting. Pellestri did more in his time on the field than Antony. I’d start Mount there though. I don’t get it with ETH sticking with him.
Garnacho was also better than what we’ve seen from Rashford this season. He takes on and beats players. Rashford doesn’t do that anymore. Is what it is.
Dalot is off the pace as well and should give way to Reguilion till Shaw is back.
Maguire, and McSauce were the best two players.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 249 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fulham 2:0 Man Utd