PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 February 2024

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Time and again we pass the ball straight to opponents feet. Is try eye any other PL team who do this more often than us?

MonkeysMagic

Not that I'm absolving the players of responsibility but ETH has to be one braindead manager not to work out how porous this team is and allowing teams 20+ opportunities every game is only going to lead to losses and plenty of them.

He simply has to go, I'm not sure what we are playing for the rest of season as Forest must be horrendous if they can't wipe the floor with us in FA cup.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
The thing that really grinds me is we are only playing 1 match a week now. This means we should be rested and the manager should have ample time to prepare the team. Instead, we look pretty bad even when we do get some results.

Gordon Godot

Sort of result that was waiting to happen when you removed the ability of good moments playing of the confidence of Hojlund and Garnacho together.

This could have happened to us in any of the matches we've played since Xmas except maybe West Ham. Absolute liability waiting to happen
Spot on. A couple of wins and the ETH fan boys are out. The underlying performances are still poor, we cannot retain let alone control possession. Its shambolic

We're the new spurs. Every team goes into the games, even the ones at Old Trafford, with the mentality "Lads it's Manchester United".

Pughnichi

Deluded. Harry come out and said the first half was quite even…like it was a good thing

it shouldn’t be even you plonker. It’s ManUtd at Old Trafford vs Fulham for Christ sake

always_hoping

So we're having our new manager bounce vs City is what you're saying?
Not even Pep would get much of bounce out of that flaky group of United players. Major clear out required I'm not alone to say I'm sick of watching a lot of those fellas wear the United jersey, Sir Jim has a massive task on his hands and needs to focus on that instead of his desire for a state of the art Old Trafford.

Heinzesight

The thing that really grinds me is we are only playing 1 match a week now. This means we should be rested and the manager should have ample time to prepare the team. Instead, we look pretty bad even when we do get some results.
We do look even more sluggish. We didn’t change tempo all game.

Ludens the Red

Sad really but I fully expected us to lose that game once Hojlund was ruled out.
His freak form was literally the only reason we’ve been getting the wins we’ve been getting. The balance of the games were not in our favour and you knew today would be the same and that nobody would be able to bail us out.

Wisqo

As a supporter for over 30 years, I've never remembered having a captain so ineffective. I hate singling out players, but Bruno has been miles off his best for some time.

Don't know what to say about Rashford, he also looked miles off. It was too easy for Fulham today, they looked far more disciplined on and off the ball.

Gutted but not surprised.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Not even Pep would get much of bounce out of that flaky group of United players. Major clear out required I'm not alone to say I'm sick of watching a lot of those fellas wear the United jersey, Sir Jim has a massive task on his hands and needs to focus on that instead of his desire for a state of the art Old Trafford.
This is a pipedream that won't happen in the foreseeable future with our FFP constraints.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm not a fan of EtH and have written that I want him out but the attitude of the players is unacceptable. Most of them don't deserve to play for a club of this stature. United really needs a full reset.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You just got the post-defeat blues. Spurs are catchable.
They'd have very much been if we'd won this.
But we've blown a huge chance here, and losing next week gives them the chance to properly boot the gap again.

We'll have to produce something special and beat Arsenal and Liverpool later on.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Even when we suddenly decided to start trying properly in the 89th minute, the only chances we could feasibly muster anyway were rebounds from long shots. Our chronic inability to create anything even approaching an opening against any side that defends even somewhat competently has been the kryptonite of this team for a decade now.

The fact we even hired a well regarded system manager seemingly in an explicit attempt to fix this, only for him to turn around after 8 months and go “nah, we actually can’t do any of that, soz. I can only train these idiots to get close to their goal when the game is a stretched chaotic mess” is some pure banter FC shit. We’re so back babyyyyy!

RoyH1

It's both....ETH deserves plenty of criticism, but these players are fecking useless.
No argument with you there. But firing a stubborn and ineffective manager is easier than replacing a roster full of holes. We need to start there and set a tone.

siw2007

Better team won, another drab performance from the team this season. We should never have lost the game once it went 1-1, but we went chasing the game and Fulham exploited our biggest weakness which is our defensive transitions. We definitely miss the players that are injured, but they missed some key players as well. If that is the best we can muster without some key players then I am extremely worried about what we’ve got in store for us in the next month.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Disappointed but not surprised. We’re just not good enough for the top four and that performance showed why. No work rate, no creativity, no fight, no pace. Woeful all over the park.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Deluded. Harry come out and said the first half was quite even…like it was a good thing

it shouldn’t be even you plonker. It’s ManUtd at Old Trafford vs Fulham for Christ sake
That's a Moyes level comment and a sympton of the current mindset. He should enjoy Moyes fate.

DSG

ETH mentions in his presser that every game is a final from now on and this is the performance the players put out.

Such a sad bunch of wimps.
I saw a lot of effort from the players. Work rate was absolutely not a problem. They either didn’t adequately execute the game plan or the game plan was shit.

doomy20

Those We don’t give a feck 3pm games are why as a foreigner I am to scared to do a 600€ weekend trip. I‘d lose all my love if theyd serve something like this. Unacceptable

stevoc

Indeed.

Unless we can pull two wins off against Forest and City away in the next week, our season is effectively over by the end of February.

abailey123

60 minutes in we’d not had one attempt in the second half. You can’t expect anything in the league playing for 10 minutes chasing an equaliser. Our problem is the drop off, as soon as we get a couple of injuries to key players (Shaw, Martinez, Hojlund, Casemiro) we don’t have the quality to replace them. Rashford was awful through the middle. Did McTominay have a kick when he came on? Dire, season will be over on Wednesday night unfortunately.

Wisqo

I'm not a fan of EtH and have written that I want him out but the attitude of the players is unacceptable. Most of them don't deserve to play for a club of this stature. United really needs a full reset.
I didn't even celebrate the equaliser. It was gut-wrenching watching giving the ball away so carelessly so many times I would have been more surprised if we'd gone on to win it than lose.

No leadership, no passion. Just a paycheck for many in the team atm.

DSG

Disappointed but not surprised. We’re just not good enough for the top four and that performance showed why. No work rate, no creativity, no fight, no pace. Woeful all over the park.
I disagree. I think we did have a good work rate and some fight. The lulls in the attack point to lack of ideas, patterns of play.

Moriarty

Shame that good run had to end like this. Missing Shaw and Rasmus was a blow but I would have expected a bit more fight from the players. The second goal was preventable. The amount of space and time Iwobi was allowed was criminal. Can't blame Onana for that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

We played like we usually play.
We did not have our goalscorer on and and did not get that extra luck we need.
We had chances to score another goal but so did Fulham. Like usual our games can go either way, this time it went to Fulham.
Correct. People acting like this was far different from other performances haven’t been paying attention.

Parma Dewol

So bad. To be completely outplayed by Fulham, at Old Trafford, is both shocking and, sadly, not the least bit surprising.

They even decided to give us a route back into the game by sitting in for the last 10 minutes. To equalise and then see nine minutes go up on the board, you would absolutely expect the home side to go on and win it. But nope, no urgency, no rallying cry, and all Fulham had to do was come out of their half again.

Piss poor.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Fulham