CL L Champions League Group A

Manchester United 2:3 Galatasaray

Post-match discussion

Tue, 03 October 2023

lsd

The Oracle
He has to go simple as that. There is no reason to keep him any longer.

We have already blown top four there's no way we are making up nine points on teams in front of us.

We will now struggle to get out of this group stage in Europe and the best we can do is Europa League again.

His substitutions are as bad as his transfers.

He is truly truly hopeless.

Superunknown

6 defeats in 10 games.

Just awful. Threw it away in the second half. We're too easy to beat. We're too easy to score against. Your house is super easy to rob if you leave all of the doors and windows open and if you have no roof.

avgp_1

The goals we've conceded today are inexplicable. And feck we were lucky we conceded only 3 at home to fecking Galatasaray.

Its just took that one poor clearance from Onana and the team just collapsed. Bunch of cowards.

LiamB

Every time a commentator says at the start of a match, 'this situation hasn't happened in 56 years' the situation always seems to happen. At least we're breaking records.

Nogbadthebad

Spunked 50 million quid on a downgrade keeper.

I'm not sayinbg De gea was the long term solution, but that money could have been spent better elsewhere, keeper change was not as urgent as a goalscorer.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that Eth have lost the dressing room

goalscholes

We played well generally and then gave about 5 or 6 unforgivable lapses in concentration and poor quality.

Lindelof and Onana the worst of the bunch. Pathetic schoolboy defending.

We’re not going to win any more matches if we give away goals like their sweets at a kids birthday party.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Liverpool played their guts out with 9, yes NINE fecking men, against Spurs away.

We fall apart against fecking Galatasaray at home with 10. feck this man, useless shower of shit.

cj_sparky

10 games in and already feel totally drained of any energy for this club, the manager and the players.

Abraxas

Attack was not that bad.

The defensive organisation and individual errors this season...deary me. Absolute circus back there. From back to front the defensive structure is atrocious and it is costing games.

SambaBoy

Passing is so poor. Everyone on their heels waiting for a pass, if it's not straight to their feet, it gets turned over. Truely no energy within the team, bit of quality here and there but defensively so so poor. Less said about the GK the better.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
On a good note, Rasmus scored two great goals. Happy for the kid. Sorry he's surrounded by this shit show.

Lights Out

I just don’t understand.

Battering them in the second half.

Score a brilliant goal to go in front.

Then self-destruct. Onana and the whole defence just need sacking.

Telsim

Yeah, I'm through with this shit. I knew, I knew I shouldn't waste my time tonight, yet I did anyway. I will do better next time, I will.

MonkeysMagic

Of course ETH will take the chop and he will be done in few weeks but the players are an absolute pathetic bunch of children I've had the displeasure of witnessing play for Utd.

The team is done, the club is on its knees...after 2 months of the season gone!

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I'm speechless with this team.
ETH at fault but some players probably downtooling
Can't wait for him to get the sack, new manager bounce with caretaker Michael Carrick bringing the "feel good" back long enough to be given the permanent job he isn't ready for, and for us to huff and puff for 2 seasons, make no progress and have the fanbase turn on the club legend.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Shambolic and disgusting. We're in serious trouble, the manager is under huge pressure but I don't think sacking him gets us anywhere.

Proper embarrassing being a United fan at the moment. You can take being disappointed as that's part and parcel of following sport, but to be embarrassed week-in week-out is getting very fecking old.

RuudTom83

Braindead the lot of them...somethings you just can't teach.

But they will be back again at the weekend, never taking any responsibility.

After you score you are at your most vulnerable...if you need a manager to remind you of your jobs every 30 seconds then you shouldn't be on the pitch.

Frustration doesn't even come close FFS

jadaba

We seem to mainly score when the opposition makes a big error, and we seem to concede when the opposition tries to score.

caid

Some wretched performances in there. Think a lot of that was quite good but completely overshadowed by a few players basically sabotaging us.
Thought our cb's offered nothing. Weren't involved, offered no meaningful protection. Onana obviously. That must be Bruno's worst performance in a united shirt, absolutely hideous.

stevoc

What an utter shambles, woeful from start to finish. Ten Hag probably has about 4-5 games to save his job.

Cantona in disguise

This lot switch off at the drop of a hat. Poor concentration. Such a weak mentality. ETH is on borrowed time. Anything but 3 points on Saturday and the pressure will be building massively.

slored1

The last 30 minutes was some of the biggest shite I have ever watched from United. Rash, out of control, needlessly aggressive and idiotic across the pitch. How are the lads this mentally overwhelmed? Is the club too harsh on everyone?

DomM

another awful performance, we are going to take some hammerings this season, eth won't be around for much longer, poor style of play, poor results, poor transfer business and poor training by the looks of things.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Attack was not that bad.

The defensive organisation and individual errors this season...deary me. Absolute circus back there. From back to front the defensive structure is atrocious and it is costing games.
This is very true. The manager seems to have forgotten that teams are build from a solid foundation at the back.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This is on Onana for the 2nd UCL game in a row. This isn't on EtH.

He's the reason Case got sent off which arguably lead to the 2nd and 3rd goals as we were chasing the game at that point.

Drop him for the next game.

mav_9me

I think ETH is a very good managed and even better coach but this is quickly getting untenable for him.

Even if it's not quite his fault and some of it is bad luck, ultimately he is responsible for steadying things.

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 94% of 279 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 308 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw