CL L Champions League Group A

Manchester United 2:3 Galatasaray

Post-match discussion

Tue, 03 October 2023

always_hoping

Obviously shambolic defending from the whole back five inclding keeper....but that wasnt even the reason we lost this game for me.

Afgter the Palace game, Ten Hag said we hardly gave them any chances and were good until around the area where our decision making was really poor....DIdnt agree with that, but that was very much the case for me tonight,w e were ok with the ball.

So no this isnt an agenda blah blah blah......our biggest failure in this game was our abslutely woeful use of the ball in the final third where there wer egolden opporunities, we should have scored 6/7 goals this evening. Hoijlund for his brililat goals was sloppy a couple of times....but new young players early on at a new club, forget the fee that can be expected, he showed his real potential in severl other moments and overall was good.

Who were the two wasteful culprits yet again....yes Fernandes and especially Rashford. Rashfords ball for the goal was superb. I actually think he worked hard off of the ball pressing and coming back this evening, that was better....but he ran into players again, his decision making and general execution i the final third was awful yet again....and this jus tisnt bad form, its been like tht most of his career here, when he is scorign goals it isnt noticed.

And yes they may not be the worst players in the side, others are worse etc etc etc. But the main point is, these are our two star players, they are meant to be the difference makers, they are on the biggest wages....you saw tonight the consistency in that jsut isnt there, neither start for any of Europes biggest clubs, we have given both huge contracs when both have actually only performed here at the level they are hype to for maybe 10/20% of there career here, that isnt close to the levels we should expect and we are rewarding it, like we did with Pogba for example
Scored 2 goals which should be enough to win when playing at home to a mid tier Galatasaray team. So for me defeat was on the bit in bold and unless this group of players improve in that area of the field first and build from there United will finish bottom of this group.

Teat

First half at Spurs, Forest opening minutes aside, Arsenal from start to finish, Brighton before they scored their second, Bayern, Palace in the League Cup and last night.

Burnley away we didn't play well but it wasn't like Wolves opening game and Palace last weekend.
Its all about opinions, but I'd disagree with all of those other than our performance against Palace's 2nd string in the league Cup.

Shows how far our expectations have fallen. I dont think there's been one acceptable performance this season, not as an entire game, where I've thought we've looked a half decent side.

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 94% of 279 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 308 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw