CL L Champions League Group A

Manchester United 2:3 Galatasaray

Post-match discussion

Tue, 03 October 2023

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
This is absolute free fall territory now. I like Ten Hag I really do but I think he's doomed. He shouldn't be outlived by the Glazers but it is what it is.
We now need a PROPER campaign against the Glazers. Enough of this shit.

JagUTD

We genuinely miss having someone who can cover for our many, many feck ups.

Dobba

Can we have one thread without the DDG revisionism? The guy is done at anything close to a top level of football, hence why no club has gone near him in nearly six months. Onana being dogshit doesn't change that one iota.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Dumbstruck. I don’t think I’ve been this despondent since the season we were relegated. How can a season fall apart so soon and with no signs of improvement anywhere on the pitch with the honourable exception of Hoijlund? ETH is under severe pressure now but there are too many players out there just not doing it.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Hojlund stood out. Eriksen looked good off the bench. Everything else was awful.

As Roy Keane once said, I'm sick of this goalkeeper.

Stig

If we aren’t beating teams like this and Crystal Palace at home then what are we doing really? Where are we going?

Also if we can’t qualify for the next round I would prefer we finish last in the group. Sick to death of the Europa league.
It brings in money.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Disappointing but we move on
We keep moving on.
Been doing this for several years and we keep getting worse.

At one stage, our standards were so high that we were disappointed that we finished 2nd, in Jose's 2nd season.
Now we find it acceptable to losing multiple games in a row.

GL21

He is going through a very difficult time but I still believe, perhaps naively, we need to stick right now. There isn't a manager in the planet could make a difference in turning some of these players around. yea he wasted transfer funds in the wrong places but sacking him won't help that now

Wing Attack Plan R

Højlund and Eriksen were very good.
Casemiro and Mount were good.
Everyone else was bad to very bad.

We had the killer combo of unlucky bounces and brainfarts. At this level you finish your chances or you're out, and we deserve to be out for playing like this. If Rashford puts his head down and beats the keeper in that 1v1, and if Onana doesn't shit the bed, we win this. That would paper over a lot of cracks, true. We did have some good moments and we looked lethal in a few parts, but we were undone by our own defensive lapses.

Disappointing and frustrating.

I don't think this can be put on Ten Hag. Even signing Onana, we all knew he'd have some howlers and give away some soft goals, but we were willing to try it to get to this new possession confidence he was supposed to provide. Whatever Onana's problem is, Rashford has one too.

sparx99

I thought we played ok for the majority
We did. We are just finding ways to massively feck it up.

We are in such a weird place at the minute. Some of the errors from Onana have just hurt a fragile team while its down. You can ill afford those at the best of times but when confidence is down you need the more experienced players to lead the way.

Baxquux

Honestly I have been a fan since more than 25 years now, I rarely write and I rarely moan.

But, now, my only conclusion is that we are cursed. There is no other way to think about it.

After SAF, we got cursed
Someone needs to sacrifice the Glazers so we can lift it...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I think ETH is a very good managed and even better coach but this is quickly getting untenable for him.

Even if it's not quite his fault and some of it is bad luck, ultimately he is responsible for steadying things.
Nobody is gonna steady anything. The job is crazy.

Honestly, ETH going is not gonna solve anything.

We really are missing our first choice defenders though.....

glasgow 21

Honestly I have been a fan since more than 25 years now, I rarely write and I rarely moan.

But, now, my only conclusion is that we are cursed. There is no other way to think about it.

After SAF, we got cursed
I am with you and i think it is def a curse we need it lifted , someone somehow we need help.

djembatheking

Ah well, not the end of the world and to be expected now I suppose. Played quite well in spurts then the usual collapse late on. It must be really hard for Fergie to see the decline of his once great side .

McTerminator

Can we have one thread without the DDG revisionism? The guy is done at anything close to a top level of football, hence why no club has gone near him in nearly six months. Onana being dogshit doesn't change that one iota.
True, also DDG was an absolute dumpster fire in his first season.

Glorio

His signings bar Höjlund and maybe Casemiro and Martinez (maybe) have been crap. We see no patterns of play, players out of form are being picked on reputation only. Sorry, but I’ve lost all faith in Ten Hag. Something radical has to be done!
Why is EtH signing players in a club this big?

always_hoping

Worst part of it all was Galatasaray are rubbish team and didn't have to play well and score 3 goals in Old Trafford. Every goal conceded so easily preventable and almost gifted another two goals and lost Casemiro from an error.

Go into games this disjointed and defending so poorly will result in almighty trimmings against better teams. Hojlund the only positive but I felt sorry for him as the rest of his team mates let him down.

zaafi

Chest pains after that performance. Usually, I don't really let it get to me as much as it used to when I was younger, but this is one of the most infuriating performances in a long, long time. fecking Galatasaray. Bunch of rejects and aging players. feck off.

JagUTD

I also wouldn't sack ETH. It would achieve nothing. It's not his fault the things happening behind the scenes are going on.

Sacking him just starts the cycle. Time to look at others, Arsenal, ourselves previously and stick rather than twist.

ClassAct147

Thursday nights are going to be the final kick in the bollocks. Players will complain of tiredness again.
Just play the bloody youth team in the Europa and use our first teamers to avoid the championship by the skin of their teeth.

Wing Attack Plan R

Whilst at 1-1 all over them, some great football. But then we take the lead and every players arse falls out. The mentality is a disgrace and feck going to Old Trafford again this season, paying money to watch a bunch of fragile, weak minded arseholes.

Feel sorry for Hojlund. The only cnut with a brain out there.
How dare you not call Eriksen a cnut with a brain!

Er, I mean, Eriksen played with a brain too.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The better team won

A few bright spots - Hojlund mainly, Mount did OK and Eriksen did OK when he came on. The rest were rubbish.

redmanx

A bit unfair since we actually played well. I accept our defensive issues due to injuries, but Onana cost us this one. A complete liability.
I really cannot see where Onana is an improvement on DDG; yes hes better with the ball at his feet but hes nowhere near David as a shot stopper.

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 94% of 279 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 308 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw