EL W Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

Granada 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 08 April 2021

RashyForPM

Good win, should have no problems next week. Football not great but in knockout games, results are the priority. Fast, flowing football can come in the PL. No injuries after they kicked us all game is nice too, and there’s possibly even the added bonus that we might just know our semi final opponent too (Roma).

Sea-Cow

Job done a win and a clean sheet against a dirty negative side.

The ref was joke, 3 united players suspended for the 2nd leg for fouls that weren't yellow card offences. A defence of Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Tuanzebe Telles for the 2nd leg?
I get the frustration and annoyance at them but we have no room to throw stones in this case. That's an embarrassing dive from Bruno, which is about as dirty as a team can play.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Worrying levels of performance almost across the pitch tonight and the teamplay in general bordered on abysmal.

We have circa. 12 games left of the season and the performances will have to improve drastically if we are to end the season as we hope to. However, our displays are on a downward trajectory over the last 2-3 months and I don’t see how we are going to arrest that decline.

It’s time to freshen up the team and trust the squad we have at our disposal. It’s going to end in tears if we continue trying to rely on the same 13-14 core group whilst practically half of them are woefully out of form.

GazTheLegend

I get the frustration and annoyance at them but we have no room to throw stones in this case. That's an embarrassing dive from Bruno, which is about as dirty as a team can play.
Did you not see the state of his face? And watch the Granada player, he LOOKS for Bruno, then deliberately smacks him in the head?

The state of our support.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Grenada were shameful, so disappointed with their approach. We're not very good, if they'd put half as much effort into scoring goals as they did screaming and yelling, they could easily have given us a match.

Crashoutcassius

Good efficient performance and result. Grind in till end of season. Feel we really need van de beek, telles, pogba, cavani to give us something at this stage of the season if we are to have any energy or variety. Hopefully this is more minutes for pogba and he can kick on

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Extremely comfortable performance. Perhaps missed a bit of assertiveness in our own penalty area, but we definitely had one eye on the Spurs game.

Hope Bruno is OK, he'll have a shine tomorrow.

BorisManUtd

Good enough. Shaw and Maguire suspended for reverse match but at least that means they get some rest.

Hopefully we do enough at Old Trafford to go through.

MonkeysMagic

2-0 win to hopefully take us through to semi. Another game that demonstrate the gulf between us and elite teams but one can only hope!

And ref is not getting out of this lightly with awarding of that pen. A truly pathetic refreeing performance from him.

Banana Republic

2 shots on target says it all against a shit championship quality team.
Yep. Apart from Rashford’s goal, only one other shot on target in the whole 94 minutes.

They said the whole Granada squad only cost €7 million.
Most of that must have been spent on signing the Ref.
Money well spent as he was their best player on the night.

P.s. Post match analysis strongly suggests it wasn’t a penalty, even though the player caught Bruno. A bit of poetic justice for all the bad refereeing decisions that went against us.

Last edited:

Gator Nate

European Nights, I tell ya!

We tried to play some football, I think, but the opposition was having none of it. Neither was the ref.

We take a 2 road goal lead home. Can't really complain.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We are truly tumescent to watch at the minute.

Whether it's tiredness, coaching or COVID/lack of crowds to get us going, it's a proper chore watching.

We might bore our way to a trophy though so that's all that counts.

Can't wait to lose in the semis again though.

mu4c_20le

The defender shoved him down. He may have exaggerated a bit but its a foul.

Red_Aaron

It's a great result.

Granada lacked quality but they ran their hearts at out in what was a huge game for them. It was hard fought and the lads did really well.

Bizarre ref, booked us at every opportunity for nothing fouls but then gives us the softest of pens.

Tie is probably done, early goal next week and I think they roll over.

James35

Good result, rubbish game and as usual our performance was borderline shite. The kind of game LVG and Jose churned out most weeks.

Pjisared

Europe will be shitting themselves after that performance

Probably more frightened by the Oxford vaccine.

Infestissumam

I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of La Liga lately, but judging from Atletico, Sevilla and Granada in the CL/EL that's probably a good thing. I'd probably end up hating football if I had to watch these antics every week.

Andre Kagawa

Not pretty, but job done! Lindelöf my MOTM. Can we please end this Dan James experiment now?

AgentSmith

Meh, it’s a cup tie and we won 2-0 away from home in a relatively low intensity match with some advantageous suspensions by virtue of a joke of a referee. Lovely combination by Lindelof and Rashford as well.

But Jaysusssssss was that a painful game to sit through, I’d rather be waterboarded than have to watch more of that. Granada were like a Sunday league team on steroids so I don’t think too much blame can be attributed to us though.

Dan James should be sold in the summer.

Last edited:

Rustyspider13

Fairly happy with that as that was a great result. But the only thing worse than our performance was Granada's conduct and the referee buying it every time. Strange seeing basically every offensive player screw up their touches. Hope we got that out of our system and are better in the second leg. Even with half the defense out, we shouldn't concede two unanswered goals. Big game from Lindelof tonight, he'll need another for the next leg.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yep, stretches out to keep touch tight on player but palms Bruno across the face. It is a pen. I cant see how its not
I’ll have to watch again, my instinct was that it was very soft, but Bruno’s face looked awfully red :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Great result, very good away performance.
Ref was awful, but glad we got the second goal, the players we are missing next leg will make it more difficult.
We are truly tumescent to watch at the minute.

Whether it's tiredness, coaching or COVID/lack of crowds to get us going, it's a proper chore watching.

We might bore our way to a trophy though so that's all that counts.

Can't wait to lose in the semis again though.
Pointless going gung-ho in an away first leg.

Near perfect away performance. Enjoyed it myself.

Ludens the Red

Fantastic result.

And An absolutely dreadful game of football all round. Like one of the worse I’ve ever seen from a technical stand point. Both teams were shite. The ref was shite. The second goal was shite. The stadium was shite. The streaker was shite.

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Granada win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Granada 0:2 Man Utd
  • 22% Granada 0:3 Man Utd