EL W Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:0 Granada

Post-match discussion

Thu, 15 April 2021

Zoo

They were a pain in the arse over the two legs. Credit to them for what they’ve done but they aren’t enjoyable to play against.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It is unfortunate that Europa League will be won by a traditional club, and Champions League by an oil club. At least, Solskjaer is trying to uphold the traditions of the game.
Yeah because if Utd were taken over by an oil rich nation and given a billion quid to spend he’d definitely quit!

SamVimes

It is unfortunate that Europa League will be won by a traditional club, and Champions League by an oil club. At least, Solskjaer is trying to uphold the traditions of the game.
I was thinking the very same thing. Sovereign wealth funds in the Champions League, and "old" money in the Europa.

Rustyspider13

So, in the knockout stages it's been us against Spanish side>Italian side>Spanish side>Italian side. Hope we reach the final and the trend continues.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Shithousery merchants - which is fair enough. But something genuinely unlikable about 'em.

Dealt with 'em easily enough, though.

Job done, on to the next one, not much more to say.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Professional enough job. De Gea MOTM. Good rest for many of first team. Most of the second stringers showed little.
How can De Gea be man of the match. He didn’t even have to dive all game.
United v Arsenal final so. Can not for the life of me see anything different. The standard of this competition is so bad it makes Arsenal look like worldbeaters
they won’t find that semi easy at all

lost7

I thought Wan Bissaka had a great game today... Was my man of the match

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Like a bargain bin at Lidl the refs in this comp
Guys, what proportion of games do you all seem to come away from having definitely seen a biased/agenda driven/incompetent referee? Because there comes a point where they only consistent factor in this seemingly endless list of bad decision making is you.

SwedishFish

Job very much done. First win against Spanish opposition in Old Trafford since 2013.

Played within themselves, a drama free Quarter Final tie for United, last season needed extra time to overcome Copenhagen in the Quarter finals let's not forget.

Up next Roma and return of Mkhitaryan, Smalling to Old Trafford.
Smallings knees are shot so big question if he'll make it back in time.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
So, in the knockout stages it's been us against Spanish side>Italian side>Spanish side>Italian side. Hope we reach the final and the trend continues.
And hopefully we meet a Spanish side (Villareal) after this Italian side, because I really don’t fancy meeting our Arsenal in the final, what with them being our bogey team of late.

crossy1686

career ending
Guys, what proportion of games do you all seem to come away from having definitely seen a biased/agenda driven/incompetent referee? Because there comes a point where they only consistent factor in this seemingly endless list of bad decision making is you.
Not really sure why you're here, but you mustn't have watched the game, especially the parts where he booked Pogba for being fouled, or the part where Diallo got kicked over while through on goal.

El Presidente

Job done. Can't see us not winning this thing considering who is left.
Yup, although in you never know in a final.
Roma haven’t won against a top half side in Italy the whole season and were arguably outplayed by Ajax in both legs.
Villarreal is not that far away from Granada’s level (and we’ve seen Granada’s level).
Arsenal is probably the worst of them all. Then again, we haven’t beaten them in like 2 years now, so who knows.

OmarUnited4ever

Shocking decision among a whole bunch of shocking decisions
Exactly, I am not gonna say Granada is at the level for me to say (we won despite the ref's shocking performance) but damn stupid ref today, Pogba's yellow was a foul he didn't call for as well

RashyForPM

Yeah because if Utd were taken over by an oil rich nation and given a billion quid to spend he’d definitely quit!
State of you trying to wind people up in here :lol:

Have you never moaned about a ref in an Ipswich game?

Rustyspider13

And hopefully we meet a Spanish side (Villareal) after this Italian side, because I really don’t fancy meeting our Arsenal in the final, what with them being our bogey team of late.
Exactly why I want the trend to continue. A one off game vs Arsenal worries me, even though they aren't anything special.

Withnail

Couple of things.
1. How the feck have Grenada got this far in the competition? By pure shit-housery it seems.
2. Juan Mata is alive and well.
3. I'd rather be kicked in the bollocks than watch Untied another EL game after this season. I hope they introduce some sort of market salary cap and ban us from the competition.
Number 3 is harsh :lol:

Roma should give us a bit of a game so it should be entertaining and hopefully we get to the final and we'll definitely be up for that.

MinGin

Any different between PL ref and EL ref !?
Some of the horrible decision making from the ref, Yellow card for Pogba, Red card challenge for the fouled to Amad, foul down our players without any whistle several time.

VDB has some different skill set than previous, less one touch football which more suit us but it looked like no one can be synchronized with him but Mata.

We kill the game in 6mins and Job Done, Clean Sheet, no one injured. Rest some major players with some minutes.

It cannot be too harsh to Ole that the subs were late because it is a cup game.

crossy1686

career ending
Number 3 is harsh :lol:

Roma should give us a bit of a game so it should be entertaining and hopefully we get to the final and we'll definitely be up for that.
It's fecking tragic we have to get to a semi before a decent game appears. The sooner we feck this competition off the better

stu_1992

Solid enough win, pretty comfortable over both legs without ever being spectacular. Shame Mata didn't quote get the goal at the end there, would have been a nice moment but at least he was heavily involved on making it happen. Bring on Roma in the semis!

croadyman

Could be an all English final in both European competitions. United v City in the European super cup.
Something that always confused me is why didn't Inter play Red Star Belgrade in the 1991 European Super Cup Final rather than us

cj_sparky

It's fecking tragic we have to get to a semi before a decent game appears. The sooner we feck this competition off the better
Won't be watching the Europa Conference League next year then, UEFA's 3rd European competition...

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Professional job. Many starters absent. Little bit of time in quarter final for younglings.

After Burnley the lads get a full week before next game. Will feel like a bloody holiday

Bertie Wooster

Our route to the Europa League Final (hopefully) is going to be against clubs from: La Liga, Serie A, La Liga, Serie A, and either La Liga / PL in the final should we get there.

Not the best clubs from those leagues obviously, otherwise they would still be in the CL. But, still, top 8 teams from three of the strongest leagues in Europe. Not exactly the 'obscure teams from shitty leagues' that get quoted when the competition is unfairly mocked.

Desperate for us to win it again. :D

Gator Nate

Survive and advance.

Not much of a game really. Ed shut the while thing down with the early goal.

No one got hurt, plenty of bodies got rested.

Really hoping to see Unai poke Arsenal in the eye.

croadyman

Not really sure why you're here, but you mustn't have watched the game, especially the parts where he booked Pogba for being fouled, or the part where Diallo got kicked over while through on goal.
He is just trying to stir up trouble between our fanbase I reckon

Robertd0803

Job done.
Shit ref and they were just horrible to play against over the two legs. Glad to see the back of them.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 160 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Granada win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Man Utd 2:0 Granada
  • 15% Man Utd 3:0 Granada