PL D FA Premier League

Leeds United 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 25 April 2021

Andersons Dietician

That was dross. Only one that showed any real class was Greenwood and even that was a bit meh at times. Bissaka had some decent flashes but there is certainly a delay between danger happening, his brain processing it then him kicking in to action.

Windows 98 was quicker.

Giggsy13

Ole resorted back to his bad old habits. Really poor in game management and the changes were 15 minutes too late. Cherry on top was the dreadful 88th minute VDB cameo

r0663664

Worships Man City
I personally think 2nd is almost secure, I rather see VDB and Amad plays. Fernandez needs a break and James shouldn't be near XI. Disappointed with the overall quality of the game.

Matthew84!

Disappointed not to win but as we have a much bigger game on Thursday its understandable, players not wanting to get injured,
The league has already gone and top 4 is pretty much guaranteed now, expect alot more games like this in the remaining games

alexthelion

The week's rest seems to have taken all the sharpness from our attackers. We looked like a team more interested in the Roma game. Win that and this result looks acceptable. So, I'll wait for Thursday, just like the team.
Our attackers haven't been sharp for months, not just today.

Highlights the need for a "proper" no.9.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
And jokers on here don’t think we need Sancho.

davidmichael

We’re basically nailed on for second with zero chance of first so I don’t know why I expected anything more from today especially with the McTominay/Fred pairing in midfield and James playing.

At home to Roma and Liverpool are far more important as if we win both it’ll probably see us in the Europa final as I’d expect us to at least draw away to Roma and also send a statement to Liverpool for next season whilst practically cementing second in the league.

I do hope for next season though we stop playing McTominay and Fred as much and start Pogba with Fernandes more, we’re never going to break down low blocks with McTominay and Fred whereas Fernandes and Pogba are as creative as any midfielders in the world.

hobbers

15 minutes for Pogba
5 minutes for Cavani
90 seconds for VDB.

Awful in game management, no other way of cutting that. And to say he thought we played really well... that's not flying with anyone.

Fine if you want to coast in the league games provided we absolutely annihilate Roma and go on to win the Europa league. But if we play like this against Roma, and lose another semi final, all the doubts about Ole will rightfully come right back up to the surface again. Because that today was an insipid shitshow, and there's been far too many of them from us this season.

Teja

Looks like the Ole brigade is back in full force.

After the 5 win streak in the PL, I wouldn't be surprised if they were hoping for a loss so they can type out their tirades to soothe their itchy fingers.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No way can we put up with James next season. We badly need either a world class RW or a world class Striker. But we will struggle with Dan James in the line up.

Devil may care

Absolute snorefest, Leeds have gone from cavalier entertainers to an oldschool Serie A side. From our side of things McFred and James were dire.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
In their last 6 games they beat City, drew with United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

They’re a good side and we didn’t do enough to win. The entitlement here at times.

alexthelion

15 minutes for Pogba
5 minutes for Cavani
90 seconds for VDB.

Awful in game management, no other way of cutting that. And to say he thought we played really well... that's not flying with anyone.

Fine if you want to coast in the league games provided we absolutely annihilate Roma and go on to win the Europa league. But if we play like this against Roma, and lose another semi final, all the doubts about Ole will rightfully come right back up to the surface again. Because that today was an insipid shitshow, and there's been far too many of them from us this season.
Nope, rightfully trying to rest them for Roma.

Having 16 attempts at goal isn't too bad, unless you're one of those who think we have a God given right to win every game.

Dante

Average bang
No way can we put up with James next season. We badly need either a world class RW or a world class Striker. But we will struggle with Dan James in the line up.
James only played because Martial was injured, and Pogba and Cavani needed a rest.

James is sixth choice for our front three. As far as sixth choices go, he's fine.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Again, I didnt have a great deal of issue with the match. The determination was clearly their from both sides.
Cancelled eachother out.It happens.

hobbers

Nope, rightfully trying to rest them for Roma.

Having 16 attempts at goal isn't too bad, unless you're one of those who think we have a God given right to win every game.
15 minutes vs 30 minutes of game time for Pogba isn't achieving anything in that regard.
5 minutes vs 15 minutes for Cavani likewise.
Conversely Rashford and Greenwood were kept on for far too long, and they're going to be just as needed over the next 3 games.

Rashford and James had absolute shockers out there, Greenwood was clearly flagging really badly from about 60 minutes onwards. Bruno was being marked out the game. So it's not like there was a good reason to not role the dice and actually try and do something assertive to win the game.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd