g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 5:1 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 August 2021

BestRed

Don't know if was a lack of sleep, slight hangover, Raphael being announced on the pitch before the match, the boys tearing feckin Leeds apart capped by Bruno bustin the net with his hatrick goal, Sancho making his debut or 75,000 reds back in roaring the boys on, but that was feckin emotional, love it, c'mon United!!!

Cloud7

Perfect start to the season. Can’t wait to see how we looked with Varane and Sancho integrated into the team. Hopefully Mason gets a prolonged run as CF as well. Cavani is great, but I would prefer him as the rotation option with Mason starting, rather than the other way around.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh my God our fans are still in the stadium making noise! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PoTMS

Fantastic performance from all the lads but Daniel James who was poor. We had the handbrake on after the 5th goal which is understandable being the first game of the season. Hopefully Sancho and Varane start the next game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Cant even hear the interview with all the noise :lol:

Infra-red

Thrashing your hated rival on the opening day of the season is as good as it gets. Nothing more to say - perfect day.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
No Rashford, Varane, Cavani and a half-fit Sancho. Not fecking bad considering.

Halftrack

Buzzing after that, just amazing. Paul Pogba MotM, absolute beast mode today, with Bruno nipping at his heels.

Great performance, great result. In a match where everyone was a 8 or above and demonstrated what they do and bring to the team, I honestly could not see what James offered

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What's the Leeds equivalent of AFTV? I need it. I didn't hear it myself, but saw a tweet they pulled out the Munich chants for the occasion. Makes twatting them extra sweet if so.

Great performance, and there's still Rashford and Cavani to come back, Martial and Sancho to be fully fit, and Varane.

Bruno and Pogba stole the show, but McT and Greenwood also excellent. Shaw and Lindelof too. Maguire looked a bit rusty, but it didn't cause a problem. James' didn't have the end product, but his running and pressing caused problems. Everyone did well.

lex talionis

Outrageous team performance. Bruno and Pogba both with 10s, but what a claim for the CF role Greenwood put in today. Class from the boy, but today was all about Bruno and Pogba.

DavidDeSchmikes

Apart from the Leeds goal, but much the perfect start. 5 goals, Pogba with 4 assists, Bruno hattrick, Varane arrival, Sancho coming on, Fred scoring. Just great all round. With no Rashford or Cavani.
Felt a bit like the opening game in the 2006/07 against Fulham

jesperjaap

Surely must be a 10/10 performance from both Pogba and Bruno. If not, I don't know what is.
6/10 first half from Pogba for me, 11/10 second half

Important for me we get periods of rest for Fernandes, looked so tired the second half of last season an din the Euros, fully refreshed today and back to his best but we really cant run him in to the ground again

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Honestly what an atmosphere!

If I were there I would have done the same! :lol: Our fans are happy :drool:
Love it when it's like that. It was a great game to start the season as it would always have an atmosphere, but presenting Varane before the game ramped it up, then the performance kept it going.

stu_1992

Great result and absolutely fantastic start to the season. I was worried about us being slow starters again this year, but we've absolutely flown out of the blocks with that game.

Enjoyable first half followed up with a blockbuster second half. That game had everything. Bruno hat trick, Pogba with 4 assists, a scoring start to the season for Greenwood, long awaited debut for Sancho and a rare goal for Fred even! Yes we could have gotten a clean sheet but to be fair their goal was a belter. If you were super critical, you'd say he shouldn't have been afforded that space but today isn't about that.

Hard to pick a man of the match between Bruno and Pogba. Either are fully deserving. Credit to Lindelof for that pass for Bruno's hat trick goal too.

wolvored

It's kind of sad he has to do this to make sure that Pogba gets the plaudits he deserves.

That said amazing photo.

We need to keep these two together for years to come. If Pogba does leave a world class replacement will be needed.
What do you expect? Pogba doesnt want to be here, hes made that obvious. The fans would have been chanting for him if things were different and he wanted to stay.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 56% of 502 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 504 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw