PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 5:1 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 August 2021

ghagua

I remember a time when a player was said to have "made a goal" rather than have "made an assist" which I imagine is a phrase taken straight out of the American sporting lexicon. Back then, midfield players were expected to provide passes for the strikers to convert, it was what they were there to do and multiple "assists" were not unusual. And just as today, midfielders, or Half Backs and Inside Forwards as they were then called were expected to defend and do their share of the spade work; of course there was always some who didnt want to but if they "made" a couple of goals all was forgiven. Likewise with Pogba; nobody expects him to play 100% brilliant every game, but when hes not on song he has to dig in and help out the others. Yesterday he was superb and did his share of running too and deserves every praise, but he has to keep showing that he cares. Im still suspicious of his motives and I hope yesterday wasnt just about him putting himself in the shop window.
Oh I agree, I know I am going to get hammered for saying this (I said it last summer as well) He has really run out of options as far as other clubs are concerned. Other than PSG, no one would be willing to pay close to half a million every week in wages going by his past performances for United, even if they can get him for free. I think he will work hard to show that he deserves such wages.

lex talionis

Oh I agree, I know I am going to get hammered for saying this (I said it last summer as well) He has really run out of options as far as other clubs are concerned. Other than PSG, no one would be willing to pay close to half a million every week in wages going by his past performances for United, even if they can get him for free. I think he will work hard to show that he deserves such wages.
No hammering at all. It pretty much is down to United and PSG for Pogba. City could enter into the conversation next summer but I seriously doubt Pogba would even consider it.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 56% of 502 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 504 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw