PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 February 2023

next_number_seven

Our midfield is lacking a lot. Eriksen is a big loss.

I don't see the point of Weghorst, does little despite assist at the end

Get In Scholesy

As the game went on I started caring more about the game reaching its conclusion than I did about the result, terrible football match.

Anyways big 3 points. Given the resources available, Ten Hag did very well.

feck Leeds.

RuudTom83

Bloody horrible on the eye...but thankfully Rashford is the best player in the world in 2023 so the 3 points are a welcome present.

Barca up next!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
YYYYEEEESSSSSS

Is my overwhelming reaction. Despise Leeds and they game raise like utter losers whenever we play them.

Garnacho with another goal, for a young lad he is starting to produce and that's good.

Marcus is looking like a £150m striker. Every week he is producing and scoring the "striker type goals, headers, scrappy ones". Amazing, hope he keeps it up.

Maguire is a travesty and needs to be sold ASAP.

Good win, bad game, now let's hope it's a good ebening.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
we instantly became a better side once Martinez was introduced

very tough game and one of my happiest 3 points this season

Mike Smalling

Great win! It was a slog, but getting the victories in these games is huge.

Also, I would like to encourage Luke Ayling to consider maybe fecking right off.

space

Good win. Watched the game without checking the match day forum constantly and honestly surprised by some of the comments!

Leeds away was always going to be tough but in the first half we had the better chance and should have been 1-0 up. Considering no Casemiro, I thought we handled them well with DDG only having to make one save. They were great for the first 15 minutes in the second half but you could see them tiring and big gaps opening up, perfect for someone like Garnacho.

Professional performance considering injuries and number of games we are playing. Weghorst held the ball well and caused them trouble, Rashford wasn't his best but is so dangerous. Thought Sancho did okay too. Sabitzer was excellent, calm and always in the right place + a beautiful pass to start the attack for the first goal.

Maguire's passing was atrocious but his defending very good, Martinez so calming once on. Shaw was brilliant. Can't really fault them today. Bruno everywhere as usual too.

Superunknown

ETH's substitutions and positional changes made the difference. He got it spot on. We had a few other chances to score, plus two tight goals disallowed (both require another look, imo). We deserved the win, in my opinion. The play from Sabitizer to Shaw to Rashford for the first goal was excellent. Loved Garnacho's finish and Wout did well to get the assist. He looked so much better after his positional change.

On another note, I really dislike Leeds. I don't wish them well this season.

Utuhu

ETH needs to be more pragmatic and super reactive with substitution during games, especially when things are not going well.

ti vu

Weghorst was excellent after the subs.
Not really.

He got one assist, but failed a similar situation to play Garnacho, Rashford through earlier.

ETH made it hard for ourselves starting WW. He's almost shite. Switch Rashford upfront, stretching play change the game. Same as the mid game against Leeds!

WW in Fellaini role is still mostly poor. A few aerial ball which Fellaini would have easily dominated and shielded the ball, WW missed up. WW playing this role means Bruno had to be shoehorned into a different role.

At the end, the offside tap in is very poor situational awareness, poor instinct.

Rashford up too is not ideal, but much much better than having WW there. If after 2 recent games, people can't see it, I really don't know what else could help...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The Leeds players and fans really infuriated me on this here Sunday afternoon so I'm especially loving that we beat them.

They really are scum!

Now we have a bit of breathing room for top 4, which is great during this jam packed run of fixtures.

Matt007a

We were shocking really but the result is the most important thing and we got it. Maguire was as bad today as Fred was in mid week. Everyone one of his passes was either sideways or a failed diagonal to a Leeds player.

Good goals in the end, well finished on both and a nice cross from Shaw, who was one of our only decent performers today. We immediately looked better when Martinez came on, especially when playing it forward from the back.

Zen86

Rubbish performance.

It’s a reality check that we’re only as good as the team we put out and much of that is dependent on Casemiro. Glue that holds us together.

That said, it’s more points on the board. Onwards and upwards.

MonkeysMagic

Fantastic win. Before the game and during large parts of match just didn't think we woukd create or score but ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Even more satisfying coming against dirty scum in their back yard. Been seeing lots of social media posts of what their so called fans have been up to during the game, scum of the earth.

OmarUnited4ever

Feck Leeds..

Happy for the win, not a good performance in terms of midfield control and chance creation but we got it over the lines, Ten Hag made a tactical switch in Weghorst switch to SS/AM role so he can battle in the middle and free Rashford to go central allowed for Rashford's goal and Weghorst assisted Garnacho.

Woodzy

Horrible game and mostly poor performance but there’ll always be games like that. It’s a cliche by now but we lose that one last season. Good times are coming.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We are finishing games quite strongly when the game is up for grabs, that much alone is a huge positive, for me.

Our schedule is brutal and we are understrength for various reasons so away wins against motivated rivals shouldn’t be taken for granted.

A huge three points, all told.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rashford and Garnacho got the goals but Martinez and Fred turned the game around. Weghorst did well dropping deep too.

Member 125398

After the last game ETH told players to win their battles. They did that today and that's what kept us in it. Fantastic effort and a fantastic result.

Adamsk7

Considering we’ve been without Casemiro, Eriksen, Martial, Antony and McT (yeah I know but still squad depth), to get 4 points from two tough Derby games against a team on a bounce after a managerial sacking isn’t bad at all.

If we can beat Leicester and Brentford next then we are gonna be in a good place. We’re not in a title race but we kind of also are….

Wheato

The performance up till the goals was just shocking and could have gone either way.
Bossing it after that. Win is a win.
They played a mid block with everyone behind the ball. Ten Hag played it brilliantly, we passed it around the back four, then waited for them to tire and then we attacked them for the last quarter. Could have been 0-4 by the end.

We found the solutions today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
2-0 flatters us, but given our glaring issues when we're missing key players you have to admire the fight we showed and obviously be delighted at grabbing the points.

Reddevildans

All the Leeds efforts on goals were because of individual errors at the back. Maguire is just awful. Slow, ponderous and completed overrated with his ability on the ball. Big three points nevertheless.

Orange Tree

I just know if we can hold on till the 60 minutes mark we will have a chance. Leeds won't have the energy to press all day.

That said, first goal out of nothing opened them up.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Leeds United 0:2 Man Utd