PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 03 February 2019

George The Best

With the amount we pay him in wages it would be enough to pay Sancho and a new RB as well. It makes zero sense to keep him at this stage, unless things dont drastically change soon.
Trouble is - who is going to buy him on those crazy wages?

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
A mate of mine is a United fan and football coach, and he surprised me awhile back by saying "Herrera is our best midfielder at the club". It sparked a big pub debate as you can imagine. But, its made me watch him more closely ever since I can see what he means. We really missed him v Burnley (much as it was great for Pereira get a chance), and yesterday he was constantly on the move, constantly organising and cajoling everyone else to stick to their tasks. Like a lot players doing his role he goes under the radar, but he's working his socks off and doing a top job for us. I was going to put this post on his "Performances" thread, but its so far behind the other threads I couldn't even find it. IMO he deserves a big shout out, and its great that he's clearly an Ole fav. Tops marks for me

OleTheGreat

Like i mentioned earlier, we struggle under pressure. Matic, Sanchez and my God the lamest player in our team is YOUNG. We need a huge revamp of this team to play free flowing football.

Maticmaker

A mate of mine is a United fan and football coach, and he surprised me awhile back by saying "Herrera is our best midfielder at the club". It sparked a big pub debate as you can imagine. But, its made me watch him more closely ever since I can see what he means. We really missed him v Burnley (much as it was great for Pereira get a chance), and yesterday he was constantly on the move, constantly organising and cajoling everyone else to stick to their tasks. Like a lot players doing his role he goes under the radar, but he's working his socks off and doing a top job for us. I was going to put this post on his "Performances" thread, but its so far behind the other threads I couldn't even find it. IMO he deserves a big shout out, and its great that he's clearly an Ole fav. Tops marks for me
Totally agree Mate, like all players he can have 'off days' but on balance he is the little engine chugging away in our mid-field. I started to pay more attention to Herrera after his man-to-man marking job he did on Hazard a while back, that was some achievement because man-to-man marking is very difficult to achieve over 90mins and especially against a top player like Hazard. My man Matic will have to be replaced in the not too distant future, although he is returning to form lately, but his back is still troubling him, never quite looks 100% these days; however that aside Pogba and Herrera must be two names Ole pencils in first for the midfield these days.

StrettyEnder07

We have won 9 out of 10, a clean sheet away at a decent Leicester side and the amount of moaning, whining and negativity on here is incredible!

First 20 minutes we were superb but you could see the tiredness, people moaning in mid week that he changed 2 or 3 players, this has shown why he had to, we looked shattered in the second half, no urgency, misplaced passes etc. Problem is, our back up lads are just not good enough to get the job done, which needs sorting in the summer.

Clean sheet, one nil win away at a side who have taken points of most of the top sides this year, great result. Loving the fact that we are wanting to play attacking football but also when not playing well, we are grinding out results, throwing our bodies on the line and coming away with points, all bodes well if we can do the dirty side of the game as well as playing more expansive football.

Young and Sanchez were terrible, Sanchez offering us absolutely nothing and Young could have put 2 million crosses in yesterday and he would not have hit a red shirt. Lukaku, can someone tell him that he is allowed to move, to run!

All in all, great result and we move on, weeks rest now to get the lads back and firing for Saturday and then PSG on Tuesday, bring it on!

When the summer comes, CB and that right hand side need sorting out big time, together with another CM.

doomy20

Sanchez more and more becomes a hopeless case for me. It´s like we are postboning the moment he will hit form and deliver since 1.5 years. First he needed to adapt to the system, then he needed "a full summer" with the team, then he needed to overcome this in injury and that injury. No more excuses, he just isn´t good enough anymore. I am a 100% sure he still has it in him, i just don´t have much hope that we will ever be able to get it out of him anymore. As his wages seem to be giant/laughable, it will be impossible to sell him to a top team, so i hope some Chinese superpower buys him in summer so we can build for the future.

Matson

I would honestly get rid of both lukaku and Sanchez in the summer. They just don't fit at all with this team and only slow us down in attack. Sure we were not at our best but to get 3 points considering they drew recently against liverpool and beat both Chelsea and city is a great result no matter of the performance.

ravi2

I agree with that, Herrera does a lot of little things during a match that go noticed, he makes everyone around him better with his tireless, selfless play.

Hughie77

There's a bit on here about Sanchez, lukaku. I think Sanchez could be on his way in summer but cheap his wages are to high for him to go at decent price?

Lukaku I'd keep. We need to get defenders in 1 CB at least and a full out Right back. I do think Fred will go and another comes in Brooks will do.

RedDevil@84

Was just going through his post match presser. Why are the press so thick? He has told a hundred times, he doesn't decide on anyone's contracts. Yet, in every pre-match and post-match presser, they keep asking him has Martial signed, has De Gea signed, will you sign him or have they told you about it.
Don't they get bored getting the same reply everytime

RedDevil@84

Lukaku, what's wrong with him? Young had the ball and was asking for solutions and Lukaku refused to make a run on the right to open up the channel, come on, he was just a sub!
Brain freeze. Couldn't decide where he wanted to make that run.

Melville Red

I have no idea, PSG is the only club that comes to mind. Our incoming DOF better be quite the deal-maker to offload both Sanchez and Lukaku
I’ve been watching Tales of the Unexpected on You Tube and I have an idea. Spin a story about a deal somewhere in China and bingo bingo, they end up marooned in Outer Mongolia never to be seen again.
I presume that they are insured.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 470 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd