Leicester City 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 26 July 2020

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
fecking get in. Now go and sign Sancho!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Thank you lads and thank you Ole! Well done.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Its very concerning how dog shit we were.
feck off. We spent a quarter of a century watching Fergie do the same thing. We got the job done. That's all that matters.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I went through an entire pack of custard creams watching that game. Arse bluddy hurts from being tense the entire game.

We did it! :drool: :drool:
Lingard getting a goal is the icing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reiver

It wasn't a great performance but we were better than Leicester.
Lindelof, William's and Martial stood out for me.
With Watford going down, I'd put in a bid for Deeney to replace Ighalo.

Strelok

Guys did you see Williams hugging Lingard after the second goal? His face sums up pretty much everything about this team. We're back guys :devil: :devil: :devil:

Incredible second half of the season from Ole. Clawed us from the jaws of mid table to 3rd. I’m so happy. Big big win for our young squad. Let’s push on now.

Last edited:

AneRu

Back in the big time and now up to Woodward to ensure that we make an impression there and stay there. No more playing around just bring in the needed players because we finished the season huffing and puffing. Need a stronger bench.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Let's just enjoy this. The lads did a great job from where we were. I still can't believe 3rd place.

Robertd0803

Good Jesus that was something else altogether.

Jesses goal.....cant remember the last goal I celebrated like that.

Fantastic acheivement especially considering where we were October/November.

Irrational.

The scoreline flattered us, but we've scraped over the line. That's all that matters.

Now we can play with a relaxed attitude in the Europa, as clearly we shit ourselves when the pressure is on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Leicester were less awful than us, to be expected given their injury issues.

But in the end, they never really put us under and pressure and didn't deserve anything from the game, they had to win.

Who cares. Job done.

FatherWolff

So happy to get it over the line! Well done Ole and well done team. Scrappy hard fought victory and fully deserved at the end. What a perfect end to a nervy day.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Just relief after that. There were a bunch of issues that game but right now I'm just happy we're back in the champions league and it's done.

fallengt

Get in

Well done, lads. Now win us some trophy you beautiful bastards.

mav_9me

Seriously, after both his collapse with Livershite and now Leicester he should from now on be known as Brendan Bottlers.
This collapse was not really down to him though. They just dont have the squad. They had one fit first choice defender today.

RedIan

Congratulations to Ole and the lads. Third place is a great achievement after a shocking first half of the season.
The signing of Bruno was the turning point...
Absolutely delighted to be back in champs league.
We have faded the last 3 or 4 games too many games with zero rest - but we were magnificent in all other games since the return.

Football hey ! Love it.

Adamsk7

Job done whilst playing poor. Let’s face it, they were bloody knackered and that first 11 that we’ve relied on since lockdown has played a serious amount of football in not a lot of time.
Well done to Ole and the lads. Let’s regroup, rest, win the Europa league and announce Sancho! The future looks bright.

edgecutter

Thank God that's over, tense as feck the whole way through but got the result while playing poorly. How the feck Leicester fecked their position in the league up so much is unbelievable, but feck them.

MrBest

Nervous performance, result that matters and we did it. 3rd is really the icing on the cake. If we can win the europa league, a decent season given all the ups and downs. Semi in both domestic cups too.

DevilRed

It was never going to be a pretty performance.

However, the lads showed alot of grit and fortitude. They ran their bollocks off collectively, even though we weren't at our best.

We did enough to get the victory and somehow are in 3rd place!!! Thats without Pogba for most of the season and Rashford/Martial/McTominay etc. all injured for months at a time. Bruno of course only joined us halfway too.

I thought it was clear who the weak links were in this match (and the season). Matic is great on his day, but he cannot be relied upon to play twice a week every week. Just can't do it at his age. He needs to be upgraded upon this summer. We need to bring in a younger midfielder with the ability to pass the ball from deep, defend and also run! A big ask, but it needs to be done. McTominay doesn't seem to have taken his chance. Fred is definitely not anything close to the required ability.

Lindelof is the other who needs replacing in the first eleven. We need a stronger and more athletic centreback to partner Maguire. One that doesn't get bullied and isn't prone to mistakes every match.

Credit to OGS for getting the team across the line this season though. We failed last year, but he recitifed the wrongs and despite impossible odds (due to injuries) we somehow managed to get 3rd!

Not sure how we will approach the Europa League as I feel the lads need a break. Hope we go for more rotation in that competition.

Its great to be back in the CL and the board NEEDS to back the manager with transfer funds to bring in at least 3 quality players that can get into the first eleven. One in attack, one in midfield and one in central defence.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Job done. We have made solid progress as a club this season. We are clearly going in the right direction. Let's see what steps can be taken next season. Not to mention what the squads look like after this transfer window.

Glad Mctominay is okey after Evans stupid challenge.

Blood Mage

Terrible but job done. Lindelof and Matic made the difference everyone else was shambolic.

baskinginthesun

Nervy. But, that as expected. Slow start from both teams and then we upped the pressure a bit towards the end of the first half. Kept the pressure up enough at the start of the 2nd and earned a nice penalty. As soon as that went in, we were never going to lose that. Controlled and measured from then on. Nice cherry on top with the Lingard goal.

3rd place! Absolutely delighted.

MonkeysMagic

Absolutely buzzing to make the CL but our season should not be judged by making the top 4. Nice enough guy, and absolute legend as a player but Utd need to upgrade on manager to get to the level where we are challenging the top 2.

We simply can't buy our way to the top, the last 7 years should have taught us enough lessons not to make that mistake again!

Red_toad

Transfer funds boosted by CL qualification and no drop in the adidas sponsor ship. Team exceeded my expectations for the season, there’s a lot of work needing to be done on the squad.

Poor performance, only Matic, Lindelof and Fernandes seemed to be up for the fight. Well done Ole, now go win the Europa League.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 356 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd
  • 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd