PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 December 2020

HarryRedCrumbs

I had a pound on Lingard scoring the winner in Fergie time... opportunity lost me thinks.

Still, could have been worse and wasn’t a bad game to watch at all. Our upward trajectory is still upward in my opinion so I’m happy. We’re starting at pace these days.

wolvored

On paper 2-2 against a team who is higher and at home is a good result. Realistically we were 5/10 and we were 2nd best in overall play. Cavani should be starting. We wasted a slot with James imo. Still we are still in contention at the top and there will be worse results than this to come im sure.

Tony247

We need a decent third CB and a decent backup RB on pronto in Jan if we want to hold on to top 4.

stevieG21pl

Why can't we fecking finish chances
Been saying it for ages. Both Rashford and Martial are good attacking options to have in a team but they’re not good finishers. We won’t win the league depending on those two for most of the goals. They’re just not natural finishers and it shows. The question is how much does Cavanni has in his arsenal? Greenwood finishes better but he’s had a bit of a slow start

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Frustrating game. Rash does not like heading the ball basically. I though we played well and Liecester were lucky. All things considered a decent point.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Rashford was awful, and I'd say his finishing cost us the game more so than bad defending.

The Lindelof injury stopped us from throwing on someone who could have helped change the game.

Despite it feeling like dropped points, i'm glad to be sat here thinking that because 6 weeks ago I'd have been worried about facing Leicester.

Tapori

It was an own goal TBF, his shot was going wide until it hit Axel but it wasn't defended against at all
Aye, but between them you have to be aware and mark our Vardy. He didn't move that cleverly, just split second brain freeze from the defence. Any of them go to Vardy and they block the ball into him. Easier said i guess, but 1 of the 3 can move towards the Leicester player

The Real Treble 99

Really disappointed we didn’t see it through, otherwise a fair result & mediocre performance from both sides.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Game was boring in all honesty. United not good enough and didn't deserve the win. Starting with James, Martial and Lindelof at RB cost us I feel, that and poorness in front of goal.

Also, compare Vardy goal with Martial's effort. Both had a pull back in the box, difference was one scored.

Goals win games and today we had two passengers in our front three who were never going to score.

Crashoutcassius

better team away to one of the best teams in the league. good form continues, poor form in front of goal continues but that will hopefully even out as the season goes on

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Terrible at the back and a joke up front.

Rashford, you’re not supposed to be charitable to opposition defences.

We lost two points in the final five minutes, not a good draw in the slightest.

Steven7290

The fact that we're moaning about 1 point away against 2nd team in the league at this point of the season is a good signal. However could have won comfortably and narrow down the lead to 2pts, sort of annoying.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Calling it a save is stretching it, rashford hit it straight at him. Knew he'd miss, he's so wasteful. Give it to Martial and he buries that.
I 100% agree with you, the commentator was saying how great the save was, it was right at him.

All Schmeichel needed was a strong hand to it, which all EPL goalkeepers should have anyway.

Greck

Watched only the second half. A little bit disappointed we didn't win but it's not a bad result.

I thought we were much better when it mattered. Leicester had a lot of ball but they didn't trouble De Gea at all, while we missed a crucial sitter via Rashford and had -rightly- disallowed goal, but at the end Leicester also missed a crucial chance 2 minutes before the end, so I'll say draw wasn't a bad result.

Nothing to be sad about it. Onwards and upwards.
You can see why Leicester are where they are. Seem to have a clutch factor. They were absolute shite but always found enough for an equaliser once we went ahead

Superden

Fair enough performance away from home against a team 2nd in the league, dissapointed with the 2 dropped points. Others using words like disgusting and disgraceful about the performance and the players is just mindless. Saying leicester are crap and expecting us to batter them is just plain ignorance.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
When do we play our game in hand? Not ideal potentially being 3 points behind where we’re actually at.

Fully Fledged

Fair result, thought we were the better side in the second half and did enough to win it.
Totally agree. They had the luck with the ball going in off of Axel for the draw. We had chances to put the game to bed but a draw away against a rival is an acceptable result.

Walters_19_MuFc

Sloppy today but did have enough chances to win it. That being said, with the way the game went, I think a draw is the right result, which isn't the worse result away to Leicester.

Fluctuation0161

And that's why we won't win the title. Can't finish our chances and midtable level shite at the back. Leicester were there for the taking.
Agreed.

The fact we are even talking about "not winning the title" is progress after the last 7 years! :lol:

manunited1919

We need to start Cavani more.
Rotate Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood for the other 2 positions.

Judas

Open to offers
We're a better team with Cavani on the pitch, the fact some are saying he should play over Rashford instead of Martial is baffling, especially after what we just saw.

RUCK4444

Should have won the game, missed big chances, leaking too many goals.

Back four need looking at, they have two DM’s in front of them and they still leak shite goals.

Top CB required pronto

El Zoido

This is what 12:30 kickoffs on Boxing Day are like. We can’t win every single game, we had good moments, not so good moments, and 2-2 was fair. On to the next one.

Statue of Limitations

Gut punch at the end with the scuffed equaliser.
No exaggeration to say we could have easily scored 4.

That defending for the goals we conceded though, will damage our title hopes.

macheda14

Honestly don’t see how the defence gets a lot of shit for this match. The first goal was our midfielders’ fault. The second has Vardy dropping back incredibly quickly that hardly any defender in the world can follow. Perhaps you can put it on Shaw for not blocking the cross, but he had a pretty great game.

They only had two chances all game and managed to convert them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
it's not a bad result, but disappointed because the win was there to be had.

Fred MOTM.

All the lads need to remember the game is 90 mins plus. It doesn't matter if you're behind or leading - you need to concentrate for the entirety of the game, especially in such a competitive league where the margins are pretty minuscule at times.

Anyway, we go on.

Stacks

So frustrating.

If our forwards weren't so wasteful, we'd be 2nd now. We clearly had the better chances and should have won this.

This is the difference between a team challenging for the title and a team that isn't.
we scored 2 goals which is enough to win a game but we are always capable of conceding 2 games per match which is a problem. You can't have to score 3 goals every match to win games

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
It says a lot about our current form the dissapointment after drawing against Leicester. They're a great side this season

Martial doing enough to be benched, and Cavani doing so for getting in the starting xi, what uou waiting for Ole?

suheilsworld

If results don’t go our way, we’ll finish 7th by the end of this GW. I know that these are small margins, but still that would be sad

always_hoping

Good result for Everton, City, Spurs, Chelsea in what will be a real dog fight for the top 4 places this season.

Frustrating draw for United in a game they led twice and should have won. The two misses by Rashford proved costly. 10 wins 1 draw from the last 11 away games is still extremely impressive.

Gwhizz

Our strikers not being clinical continue to cost us points, Leicester 2 chances, 2 goals and it keeps them in the hunt. We're going to be sitting in 6th place in the next 48 hours.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Dan_F

Not quite good enough at both ends of the pitch, considering how big those chances were for Rashford and how little pressure we were under.

We’re still a top DM and CB away from being title challengers. I think we’ll see Liverpool start to pull away now unfortunately.

BulgarianDevil91

Would be absurd for anyone to blame the defence for this one. Lindelof was shaky at times, but they performed well. Rashford owes the team for his misses, should've had a brace.

sammyhol

We are miles better than them lot...

we started against 2nd in the league with a player in the side who would not walk into the attack of a single other team in the league, with players like Pogba, greenwood, cavani, and VDB on the bench.

Who we all knew was gonna be crap.

who will all knew would be coming off after an hour with us trying to kick on and win the game.

we start our strongest side, we win that game comfortably.

on Ole... yet again

Spark

Rashford cost us 3 points. There is zero excuse to be missing that header in the first minute. Good save from Schmeichel in the second half, but he's forced to convert difficult chances because he misses such painfully easy ones.

Leicester created feck all and didn't deserve a draw, I don't think. Makes it even more painful.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 66% of 272 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw