PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 December 2020

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You attack as a team and defend as one. We're still relying on individual moments from all area's of the pitch to win the day for us but we still,still dont look collectively tight or a unit.
I was impressed with Leicester's work in midfield today.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Leicester and Liverpool don't really tackle. They run into the centre of a guy so he can't move and break on him. Manchester United's defense get brain freeze when this happens. It is a modern game developement which Klopp and Rodgers have figured out and benifited from. Utd's pratting around at the back just has to stop and they would probably conceed less goals if they just booted it away.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
McTominay back to being his average self after the hype from the Leeds game. Far to slow to react to Barnes' shot and terrible pass selection at the end, passing it wide to Tuanzebe when a there was a simple pass on to Rashford in the middle. Not good enough to be starting games regularly if we have ambitions to get back to the top.
Sure, he could have got out quicker for the Barnes goal but watching the replay, you see somebody make a run to his left so he was probably cautious of that too.

Your second point is nit picking, especially for a game where every player on the pitch made mistakes. Rashford was 90* to his left in the middle and he played the wide pass without risking turning in where he could be tackled and we'd be suspectible to counter.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
I think we just about deserved the win, but not at all unhappy at the draw in the end.

I'm very positive about where we are headed as a team right now, there are very few games in the league where we dont deserve the win nowadays, teams are starting to set up in fear of us recently which tells you everything.

We must improve recruitment in the striker area, we create so many chances as a team and suffer from lack of efficiency. But again, considering where we were last december, that in itself is a massive improvement/

spiriticon

We were playing 2nd places Leicester away from home. What did you expect?
its a frustrating but ultimately good result.
It's a good result but I hoped to win. It's not just today in particular though. It's been like this for a long time. Every time I actually feel bold enough to expect this team to win and take things into their own hands, I come away with disappointment.

freddie the red

Can't complain about a draw against a fellow top 4 contender but way too wasteful in front of goal yet again. Rashford missed two guilt edged chances and him and Martial were needlessly offside so many times, including the one time when Martial actually put the ball in the net. The one bit of quality was Cavani through to Bruno and his finish.
Jogba did his usual thing, nothing. He may as well not bothered coming on....absolutely nothing of note from him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
People will talk about the finishing but that isn't the big issue from this game for me... Its not being anywhere near consistent over 90 minutes yet again. We play in fits and starts and go from looking good to being poor within a matter of minutes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not a great result but a point away from Leicester is OK enough.

Let's hope big Sam does something, somehow!

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
You can see why Leicester are where they are. Seem to have a clutch factor. They were absolute shite but always found enough for an equaliser once we went ahead
Tends to be the opposite - we barely ever seem to come back once we're a goal down. I'm amazed we did it twice.
It's just normally that once we go ahead, we stay ahead.

On the back of that game, looks like neither of our teams are going to be challenging Liverpool. I will say that United edged that, based on the chances created, but you just let us have the ball for long periods. I thought you'd press with much more intensity - Liverpool have proved that if you do that, we absolutely wilt under the pressure. You showed us a bit too much respect; all our play goes through Tielemans, but in the first half especially, he had all the time and space in the world.

I can see you finishing second, which'd be a good season for you, but I think you're still leagues away from Liverpool (who absolutely battered us so much that it was embarrassing).

lex talionis

We actually managed the game pretty well. We created enough great chances, but muffed two of them. No, you don’t expect to score on every chance (the Bruno header was asking a lot) but Rashford absolutely should have scored on the free header and he was clean through v Schmeichel as well.

Giggzy P

We need to be more clinical, Rashford needs to really needs to get better at his finishing. Ole also shouldn't start James, his more than likely to be shit and we waste a substitution on him. There was also no need for Axel being benched for Victor, unnecessary change.
We should have won the game, but encouraging to see than we seem to be hitting some consistency and form, credit to Ole (Not his Biggest fan but wish him all the best):cool:.
We have to be thinking of Challenging Liverpool for the title.

Siorac

I think we’re just still a very reactive team, and whether it’s consciously been drilled or not, that state of play worked well in midweek, and has a few other times this season, so we rather lazily fell into it... there was just far too much space for them going forward with the game at 2-1, so if it’s not deliberate, it’s very poor discipline.
Yeah, that's probably fair. It's frustrating, too, the reactive nature of the team and how it's taken for granted on the Caf. People still seriously suggest that starting James as a 'defensive winger' is a good idea to counter the opponent's threat.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Has Maguire ever scored from a header for us ?
He atleast has 2/3 chances every other game yet sends his header about 10 yards over the opposition goal.

VivaRonaldo85

Shows where we’ve come the last couple of months when I’m gutted with a draw there. We were more than good enough to win that game and if we could defend properly, we would have. That’s the difference between us and the top sides right now.

Red_toad

Marginally the better team and should have won. Poor team selection by Ole IMO, needed more control in midfield not just 2 hustlers.

MileStolar

This is the type of game that made SAF go and buy a top striker to make us go on top.

We buy Haaland or someone clinical and reliable in the summer and we're contenders.

jackal&hyde

Took the lead twice.
Missed a hatful.
2 points dropped.
Yes. Played overall very well and the team is looking strong, to bad for missing so many chances but we are moving in a great direction. We will challange for the title if not this year the next for sure.

Best Foot Forward

Supports
United
Ole fecking about by playing James and Martial costed us this game.
I didn't understand James ahead of Greenwood or Fred ahead of anyone!!!
VDB has GOT to be given a reasonable run.
126 caps for Ajax and 20+ for NL. He can't have suddenly turned onto a poor player.
I can see his confidence has gone, through players like Fred and Matic constantly being chosen ahead of him.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Was a good performance against a good side, up until we went 2-1 up and then decided to just completely stop playing.

3-4 times in the build up to their goal one of our players could quite easily have intercepted the ball and countless times before that just lazily gave it away. We reacted to scoring as if it was the third goal and there was 30 seconds of stoppage time left.

I get that some of our players might have been tired but Leicester were completely knackered and time wasting at 1-1 so that's not an excuse really. The game was there to win.

Also I think the nonsense about Bissaka being rubbish needs to stop now. Tuanzebe and Lindelof haven't even done that badly at right back but not having Bissaka there takes away any ability we have to play on that side of the pitch.

reelworld

Gutted with the draw, but probably a fair result.
Vardy movement was superb. That move for the second goal looked exactly like what Ruud used to do for us.
This game just proved that we still need a centerback and a top class striker. But if I have to choose would spend a big chunk of our budget for a striker

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2 poor goals to concede

But not the end of the world

fergosaurus

Sure, he could have got out quicker for the Barnes goal but watching the replay, you see somebody make a run to his left so he was probably cautious of that too.

Your second point is nit picking, especially for a game where every player on the pitch made mistakes. Rashford was 90* to his left in the middle and he played the wide pass without risking turning in where he could be tackled and we'd be suspectible to counter.
He wasn't under pressure and had time to play a simple pass forward to a dangerous player but instead he chose a simple pass wide to a natural CB which inevitably led to nothing. This was in injury time and our last chance to win the game. Maybe I'm being harsh on him for that one incident but even with that aside he was anonymous.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I still can't believe we didn't win that game. We can't keep missing like we did today.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Watched only last 15 minutes. Ayoze Perez had acres of space to assist for the equalizer. We failed to adapt when he came in. The team has to learn a lot before we can claim the title.

Ace of Spades

Should have won that game. I know finishing will be blamed, but we need better defending more than that. Can't expect the team to score 3 goals every game to win the game for us, while leaking goals at that rate.

Neo_Mufc

If anyone had said you would be 4 points off Liverpool @ Xmas I would have snapped your hand off.

Not the worst result but must learn to get more clean sheets. Leicester are a tough team.

Ash_G

People will talk about the finishing but that isn't the big issue from this game for me... Its not being anywhere near consistent over 90 minutes yet again. We play in fits and starts and go from looking good to being poor within a matter of minutes.
Agree, until we're able to have more control on matches we'll struggle as our defence isn't good enough to keep inviting the pressure on to it that we allow. We might win but I think too many matches will become a battle which can't be good over a season and also I think means we'll slip up more often which means a genuine title challenge will be hard.

It's a frustrating one, clearly had the chances to win the game and on one hand you can blame players for not taking their chances but on the other I do think that Ole didn't get it right and I'm still not convinced that he's someone who is able to get enough out of the squad. He's not bad but just not convinced yet he's adding something that really elevates us as a team.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 66% of 272 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw