PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Glad it’s over with and it was palatable all things considered.

A terrible advert for the league though.

Oliver was desperate for his moment though, what an absolute weapon. A double yellow red for dissent can’t even be appealed or rescinded which is insane because Dalot was completely in the right.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They really just are not that good. Anyone who has watched them this season can tell you that. They just constantly ride their luck and have so much help from the referees it’s ridiculous. I just cannot see them sustaining a title challenge.

Heinzesight

What in earth was that all about when Shaw did a run of the mill trip on Konate?…half their team steaming in, the desperate cnuts.

UnitedFan93

A plucky 0-0, but still a million miles off the expected quality required for Manchester United. I don't think the players out injured would have made much difference either. To be fair to the players today, couldn't fault their effort or commitment, however as we have seen all season, we are severely lacking attacking quality in this team.

BorisManUtd

Considering our recent losses to Bournemouth and Bayern at home + that thrashing at Anfield back in March, this is a great result. Good performance in terms of defending though we're just awful in posession and luckily Liverpool were quite poor so didn't take advantage of it.

Good for players' confidence and hope we can improve now. West Ham away and Villa at home next and those will be difficult games as well.

It was 2.91-0.92 back in March and finished 7-0.

IRELANDUNITED

I kept wondering what would happen to this website if Liverpool had won.

I guess we’ll never know.

Red & White

Very good point, especially with all things considered. Have I missed something on here? This is by no means meant for everyone but the amount of negativity on here in all the different threads after that game is so odd? Great result, whilst we’re in a very tough period and so many posters are being negative on the player threads etc. I swear some people are just never happy and almost come across as disappointed that we didn’t get a hammering so they can’t moan even more on here.

John Blund

I’m disturbed at how poor Amrabat is on the ball. The man cannot complete a simple pass. There were a lot of unnecessary and unforced turnovers. Have to stop giving the ball back so easily. Also have to find ways to get the ball to the striker. He had so few touches. But when he had chances, he really needs to impose himself more. Should’ve really put the ball from McT away.
Pass stats United:
Onana 30/46
Shaw 27/34
Varane 27/34
Dalot 17/28
McT 17/25
Amrabat 16/28
Evans 16/21
Mainoo 16/18
Antony 15/24
Garnacho 7/9
Hojlund 5/6

Nobody were good passers today. Edit: Wait, what? Mainoo did great!

Cantonagotmehere

I wish ETH would get suspended for ripping into that trash heap of a ref.

Tons of effort today, that's all i hope to see. We just are not good enough at this point.

Who had more clear cut chances????

The salty tears of VVD and Klopp make it feel even better. F them.

Varane MoM, but would love to give to Mainoo.....

IRELANDUNITED

It’s honestly heartwarming to see that after 10 years under Klopp Liverpool are no better than us under 18 months United ten hag. Klopp gets a free ride from the media year after year but the reality is he’s failed with Liverpool. The amount of money he’s spent, the players he’s had it’s honestly embarrassing how poorly he’s done.

Chumpsbechumps

I kept wondering what would happen to this website if Liverpool had won.

I guess we’ll never know.
I’d say there’s an awful lot of cats getting a good kicking from some United fans waiting to dive into the sack the manager thread all weekend

Loon

:lol:
Apparently our team bus was attacked again. Of course, blame society and a small group, blah blah blah. “never our fault.”

UpWithRivers

We have seen for the last 10 years that this team can park the bus and counter. Ill take it but not a result that mean anything in the wider context

JagUTD

Apparently our team bus was attacked again. Of course, blame society and a small group, blah blah blah. “never our fault.”
Probably needed it for their next parade.

leeroyTX

Pass stats United:
Onana 30/46
Shaw 27/34
Varane 27/34
Dalot 17/28
McT 17/25
Amrabat 16/28
Evans 16/21
Mainoo 16/18
Antony 15/24
Garnacho 7/9
Hojlund 5/6

I didn’t say he couldn’t complete any passes. I just think of one moment in particular where he tried to play a 5 yd pass to Rashford and missed him by 6 yds.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quite shit. If we had 10% more desire or technical ability we could have won it. At least it wasn’t the battering many expected.

IRELANDUNITED

I’d say there’s an awful lot of cats getting a good kicking from some United fans waiting to dive into the sack the manager thread all weekend
100%

But no no, Potter/Emery/Tuchel/Zidane would have won us the game.

Ten Hag haters were hoping we’d lose today. Pathetic.

kerrygold

Supports
united
Pass stats United:
Onana 30/46
Shaw 27/34
Varane 27/34
Dalot 17/28
McT 17/25
Amrabat 16/28
Evans 16/21
Mainoo 16/18
Antony 15/24
Garnacho 7/9
Hojlund 5/6

kerrygold

Supports
united
Pass stats United:
Onana 30/46
Shaw 27/34
Varane 27/34
Dalot 17/28
McT 17/25
Amrabat 16/28
Evans 16/21
Mainoo 16/18
Antony 15/24
Garnacho 7/9
Hojlund 5/6

McT is God awful. There were times I had to remember he was playing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good point... Considering most of us were expecting to get royally hammered at Anfield while putting out a makeshift team.

Dalot should have known better... I'm from South Africa and even I know that that Oliver is the most hard assed and card happy ref in the league.

However Klopp in post the post match interview having a mental breakdown claiming the media have a 'United' agenda is the cherry on top for me.
This is a guy who once blamed us having a string of injuries in a game against them, as being to Liverpool's disadvantage as it "disrupted" them.

Robertd0803

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...demn-damage-caused-manchester-united-team-bus

Of course, would not want to go hard on this as it is liable to cause the little darlings to scream victimisation.
Surprised it even got reported.

Also bet if Liverpool got a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford with 10 men it would be written as a heroic backs against the wall performance, meanwhile theres barely a mention of Dalot getting a red card in any of the headlines.

Not that the media is biased or anything.

didz

I wish ETH would get suspended for ripping into that trash heap of a ref.
It really shouldn't matter, but when he takes the high road and says "I leave it to you," when asked about it, there's about 12 seconds paid to the incident by the broadcaster, no mention of Nunez, and the whole thing is set up to repeat again. The squeaky wheel gets fixed, and there are few who squeak louder than Klopp when he doesn't get his way with refereeing decisions.

Next week it'll be straight back to "Bruno moans too much" while the entire Liverpool side are sprinting headlong at the referee over a simple foul.

ObscureBaguette

Technically we weren't good but today was all about playing with a bit of pride in the shirt and showing you care. It was backs to the wall at times but the lads do deserve credit. It was a patched up team including an 18-year-old midfielder and a 19-year-old winger. MaInoo, btw, really does look the business. Hope we develop him properly. Liverpool were dominant but didn't look great. It was a poor match all told. After the season we've had so far, you have to be content with that result and the effort shown.

Zed is not dead

It really wasn't and I really wonder if our fan base have played organised football at any level at all.

An unreal amount of injuries compounded or contributing to team out of form. (forget manager / player / goal of the month) What's ETH supposed to do, goto Anfield with a 4-2-4 and open up completely ? Oh I forgot everyone calling for his head a few games ago when they didnt agree with one holding and two number 8's.

Listen to shiny teeth's post match appraisal. It's delusional bordering on Man City revisionism where possession is the only rule of the game. It's full of wudda, shudda, cudda.

Would I want to go to Anfield and get a win ? Absolutely but I'm going to give the lads a massive amount of credit for not conceding against a very good title chasing side.
Completely agree with you here

IRELANDUNITED

Is it now time to start discussing what a failure Klopp has been at Liverpool? 1 (Covid) league title and 1 champions league in almost 10 years of management. Considering the money he’s spent, is it fair to say he’s been a failure?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It’s honestly heartwarming to see that after 10 years under Klopp Liverpool are no better than us under 18 months United ten hag. Klopp gets a free ride from the media year after year but the reality is he’s failed with Liverpool. The amount of money he’s spent, the players he’s had it’s honestly embarrassing how poorly he’s done.
Three champions league finals, won one and won the PL.

redNATION

Considering we were effectively playing with 9 men (mctominay and hjolund were never in the game), decent result, but can’t see a way forward for ETH. Another loss is only around the corner and performances are still poor.

Rednotdead

There was no honour in that result. It just shows how far we’ve fallen when we go to Anfield and park the bus.

JagUTD

Is it now time to start discussing what a failure Klopp has been at Liverpool? 1 (Covid) league title and 1 champions league in almost 10 years of management. Considering the money he’s spent, is it fair to say he’s been a failure?
Look, modern football demands a manager that imitates an inflatable arm flailing tube man on the sidelines. The Klopps, Peps or Artetas of this world prove their class not by results on the pitch, or cups in the cabinet (this one's for you Mikel) but with bouts of interpretative dance or when that does work, blind you opponent with the glare off your Turkey grill.

And I think you're being harsh with the COVID title stuff. I'm not sure Liverpool benefit playing in absolute silence given the result today.

IRELANDUNITED

Three champions league finals, won one and won the PL.
You’ve more or less proved my point. 1 (Covid) league title and 1 champions league (which they cheated to win) is all they have to show under the Klopp era. Only that Liverpool are the British media darling he’d be getting far more criticism than he is.

I don’t care though. He’s a failure for those scum and that’s all I really care about.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Positive surprise given the recent history we have against them. They are better in more or less every position with only Shaw and Varane potentially being good enough to play for them.
Liverpool were pretty toothless though. Did they even have a real chance? We had the 2 clearest chances of the game.
So all in all while they of course dominated us the result doesn’t feel totally undeserved.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd
  • 13% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd