PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

lex talionis

34 shots....most of them were shit attempts. only close one was from TAA later in the match. Set pieces is where they were the most threatening.

Best real goal scoring chance in the match fell to Hojlund
Spot on analysis. I question whether "34 shots" is even real. Seems very high to me. 20-24 shots that were truly shots I would think, but most were pot shots with only a small number causing Onana any effort whatsoever.

There was one shot by fukk-if-I-know-who that whistled past the post that had Onana rooted to his line and that would have had any keeper on the planet beaten if is was on target, but otherwise Onana only had routine work to do to keep a clean sheet.

bosskeano

Spot on analysis. I question whether "34 shots" is even real. Seems very high to me. 20-24 shots that were truly shots I would think, but most were pot shots with only a small number causing Onana any effort whatsoever.

There was one shot by fukk-if-I-know-who that whistled past the post that had Onana rooted to his line and that would have had any keeper on the planet beaten if is was on target, but otherwise Onana only had routine work to do to keep a clean sheet.
that was the shot by TAA

justsomebloke

34 shots? They had zero attempts of any concern whatsoever.

Their shots were akin to some redneck who stole their grandma's false teeth firing wildly into the air.

It was like watching an action movie on Hallmark, terrible in every sense but the old trope about the bad guys missing their shots by miles still applied.
The point here is that allowing 34 shots, be they good ones or bad, isn't exactly a sign of a great defensive team performance. If you deliver one of those, the opposition don't get many shots of any description.

Also, volume matters. How many goals do you see go in off deflections, or because someone happens to get a great hit from a position that isn't normally high-risk? None of that can be controlled by the defending team, it's just luck and coincidence. And the more shots, the greater the probability that luck and coincidence will punish you. We were lucky. This time.

rpg

A draw at Anfield there and why most people are acting like United just won the league.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Have the scousers(and half of own fans) stopped crying about this yet?

It was a draw in a tough away game to stop the run of awful results that was developing.

SirCactus

This team kept a clean sheet away to Liverpool :eek:
When you consider what Liverpool did to West Ham last night the point on Sunday was really impressive. ETH set us up well and players stuck to the plan. We are not far off top 4 and a good run will put us in the mix. I am looking forward to a strong Christmas and for Utd to prove some points in 2024. Scousers must be sick. While they are messing about in League Cup and Europa League there is a chance for us to overtake them in league.

erikcred

Have the scousers(and half of own fans) stopped crying about this yet?

It was a draw in a tough away game to stop the run of awful results that was developing.
Imagine if it had also been a 12.30 Sat kick off. :D

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd