PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You’ve more or less proved my point. 1 (Covid) league title and 1 champions league (which they cheated to win) is all they have to show under the Klopp era. Only that Liverpool are the British media darling he’d be getting far more criticism than he is.

I don’t care though. He’s a failure for those scum and that’s all I really care about.
And they lost two Premier Leagues by one point on the final day. They could easily have 3 Premier leagues. Werent they 8 points ahead in one race as well and City made it past them with like ten games left.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But 1 thing that needs to be said. Don’t you f*ck dare celebrate this result. Its find, we more. But under no circumstance is this a positive result.
A draw at Anfield is a positive result. Even Roy Keane says this.

But it's find, we more.

JagUTD

And they lost two Premier Leagues by one point on the final day. They could easily have 3 Premier leagues. Werent they 8 points ahead in one race as well and City made it past them with like ten games left.
Sounds suspiciously like a bottling occured. Hope they got permission from Arsenal.

Wazzaduke33

You’ve more or less proved my point. 1 (Covid) league title and 1 champions league (which they cheated to win) is all they have to show under the Klopp era. Only that Liverpool are the British media darling he’d be getting far more criticism than he is.

I don’t care though. He’s a failure for those scum and that’s all I really care about.
That’s a sad post, we’d all love a bit of that type of failure right now, take your bitterness away, it’s not a good look . . .

Client6

A draw at Anfield is a positive result. Even Roy Keane says this.

But it's find, we more.
:lol:

This was a great result and might I say a performance that was more spirited than recent times.

Anfield went quiet real quick and United stopped pretty much everything Liverpool threw at us. The players clearly fought a bit harder than most expected them to and I think that surprised their players a bit going by how many loose passes and shots there were from them.

Unfortunately for us, our players are a bit too shit otherwise we could have even won the game there and not many would have called it an undeserved win with the team we put out.

astracrazy

But 1 thing that needs to be said. Don’t you f*ck dare celebrate this result. It’s find, we move. But under no circumstance is this a positive result.
I can only guess what you are trying to say, jesus..but in context, yes it is

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm celebrating that result. It was absolutely delicious. The scouse all set to go top in front of their tiny record home crowd. Then the crying and wailing at the end because we didn't just play into their hands and roll over.

fecking vermin cnuts. Love it

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Nice to see there scummy fans haven’t changed. Damaging our team bus.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very good point, especially with all things considered. Have I missed something on here? This is by no means meant for everyone but the amount of negativity on here in all the different threads after that game is so odd? Great result, whilst we’re in a very tough period and so many posters are being negative on the player threads etc. I swear some people are just never happy and almost come across as disappointed that we didn’t get a hammering so they can’t moan even more on here.
I think most reasonable posters would say was a really good point, and an exceptional shut out job.
Whilst still being aware we're well off where we'd like to be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Roll on a manager winning us one of each of those 2 trophies being a "failure" :lol:

We're lucky a souped up City have prevented them winning at least 3 more though, don't make any bones about that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But 1 thing that needs to be said. Don’t you f*ck dare celebrate this result. It’s find, we move. But under no circumstance is this a positive result.
This post is just horrible on every level.

What the hell does "it's find, we move" mean?

Fts 74

I swear some people on here are desperate to shit on us at any opportunity.All week I've read were gonna get battered EtH is a fraud....we don't get battered cue piling in saying we were shit, look at the team we had out and the run we've been on ffs and give your head a wobble.

JagUTD

Roll on a manager winning us one of each of those 2 trophies being a "failure" :lol:

We're lucky a souped up City have prevented them winning at least 3 more though, don't make any bones about that.
:lol:

Except Klopp would have been sacked long before any of it.

justsomebloke

Technically we weren't good but today was all about playing with a bit of pride in the shirt and showing you care. It was backs to the wall at times but the lads do deserve credit. It was a patched up team including an 18-year-old midfielder and a 19-year-old winger. MaInoo, btw, really does look the business. Hope we develop him properly. Liverpool were dominant but didn't look great. It was a poor match all told. After the season we've had so far, you have to be content with that result and the effort shown.
That's about the size of it.

justsomebloke

Ya got yer arse well owned there.
Good God, will the tsunami of wit never end? Where do you take it from?!

Seriously though. Gratifying as it was that we didn't lose, there was nothing great about that performance - we scraped a point in pretty much the way Sheff Utd might, if they had a lucky evening. And the whole match was a resounding argument for exactly why and how much we need Bruno.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn't manage to watch the whole 2nd half, but it was one way traffic with a blunt Liverpool attack led by the greediest player in the league (Salah).

I thought the captain on the day, McTominay, and Amrabat were both atrocious in that first half and I was amazed we managed to go level in at HT carrying two players who couldn't do anything right. Varane showed his class at times and snuffed out danger, Hojlund doesn't have any chance against powerful centre backs which we've now seen two matches in a row, but he kept running.

Very happy with the point and the clean sheet. And happy that a non-implosion is probably frustrating a lot of short-term-fix thinking supporters who think a new manager asap will be the way to go.

Now let's play some football against the in-form West Ham.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just checked my betting account and won a 5/1 for salah to have two shots on target and van dijk to commit a foul, can’t remember any of that happening in the match so happy days, thank fully my Liverpool -4 didn’t come in.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
How Darwin wasn't off for the same thing but worse Dalot did other than it was too early and the ref is a coward.

we played ok and pool has a big off day - still we had 2/3 chances to smash and grab.

Maybe hojollond will be there in a few years but now he's just too raw

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Good God, will the tsunami of wit never end? Where do you take it from?!

Seriously though. Gratifying as it was that we didn't lose, there was nothing great about that performance - we scraped a point in pretty much the way Sheff Utd might, if they had a lucky evening. And the whole match was a resounding argument for exactly why and how much we need Bruno.
Thought it was an exceptional defensive performance, a level of discipline in the side that does not exist when Bruno is running around wherever he wants, thus ruining our shape.

0le

Really happy with the result. Keeping a clean sheet is a positive considering how open we've been all season.

We obviously need to improve and lack quality in several areas but hopefully the result can help us build some momentum.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Don't get a trophy for 2nd place.

Never liked our fans going 'we got to three CL finals in four years' when we lost two of them.

justsomebloke

Thought it was an exceptional defensive performance, a level of discipline in the side that does not exist when Bruno is running around wherever he wants, thus ruining our shape.
"An exceptional defensive performance" is when you have a measure of control and generally prevent your opponent from creating many opportunities. As opposed to, say, allowing 34 shots and yielding 12 corners and backing into your box every time the opponent gets into the final 1/3. We defended our box like it was Rorke's Drift, but in pretty much every other respect that was a shit defensive performance, and we were lucky to escape without a goal.

Gator Nate

OK, compare -

Last game, Pool had 59.6% possession, 18 shots, 8 on target, won 7-0 (with 40.4% possession, we had 8 shots, 4 on target).

This game, Pool had 68.9% possession, 34 shots, 8 on target, scored no goals (we had 6 shots, 1 on target).

Last time, it was a freak result. This time, a little less so, but odd. I'd like to know what their XG was, because I never thought they had a good shot.

On the other hand, I really thought Hojlund blew it with McTominay's feed to him near the end, had the first shot deflected right back and botched the rebound shot. We had the better, clearer chances, in my opinion, especially at the end.

Credit to our defensive line and Mainoo and Amrabat, though - we clogged the box up and made it impossible for Pool to get good chances.

JediSith

This post is just horrible on every level.

What the hell does "it's find, we move" mean?
I think the people piling on after one or two have had a laugh at a typo are actually the horrible ones.

If you genuinely don’t know what the OP was trying to say? You should get tested because it doesn’t take any effort to realise OP meant “it’s fine, we move on”.

No, I don’t agree with the timing of his killjoy post. In context and the vacuum of this past week it’s a great result but I do get his point about not getting carried away with the type of draw you’d expect a bottom 3 team to get against a top prem side and celebrate.

glasgow 21

So when is Liverpool and their consistent attack on away team buses going to result in action being taken or is it again nothing to see here, outside the stadium,.

Infra-red

OK, compare -

Last game, Pool had 59.6% possession, 18 shots, 8 on target, won 7-0 (with 40.4% possession, we had 8 shots, 4 on target).

This game, Pool had 68.9% possession, 34 shots, 8 on target, scored no goals (we had 6 shots, 1 on target).

Last time, it was a freak result. This time, a little less so, but odd. I'd like to know what their XG was, because I never thought they had a good shot.

On the other hand, I really thought Hojlund blew it with McTominay's feed to him near the end, had the first shot deflected right back and botched the rebound shot. We had the better, clearer chances, in my opinion, especially at the end.

Credit to our defensive line and Mainoo and Amrabat, though - we clogged the box up and made it impossible for Pool to get good chances.
xG: Liverpool 2.35 vs 0.63 United

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd