FA W FA Cup Quarter-Finals

Manchester United 4:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 March 2024

mav_9me

What a day to be there. Congrats mate!
Happy for you, hope will get the chance one day.
Oh man, what a game to be at. Treasure that forever. What a game. What a game.
You lucky person!
Oh wow! That's great. Unforgettable experience for you in every way! Happy for you!

I wish I was there!
Please make it your last game, my blood pressure cannot handle that week in week out
That’s unbelievable! Good for you.
May as well never go again now :lol:
Mine was the Ronaldo-less Tevez welcome to Manchester 4-3 against City with Owen scoring in the 96th minute.

We should get season tickets.

Thanks guys. This is just too good to be true. Still buzzing.

Simbo

Mostly just happy we looked the better team for good portions of that. What a game.

Mike Smalling

We created the better chances and two of their goals were jammy deflections, yet the post-match narrative is that we rode our luck and it was a smash and grab because Liverpool successfully passed it sideways to each other on the halfway line for 20 minutes at the start of the second half.
This is exactly the narrative in the post-match on my broadcast at the moment, even though they've shown all of our chances as well. Liverpool were in control and fluffed a couple of good counter attacks, but didn't really have any huge chances.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I missed the game *crying emoji*
This was probably the most crazy (in a good way) United games game of football in 3-4 seasons. End to end, blow for blow and absolutely nutty subs.

Unam333

Can someone explain to me, at the end what formation did we play and which players occupied the positions? I'm quite confused and saw Bruno as a CB.

RedDevilRoshi

Honestly I don’t think I have enjoyed a football game like this since the World Cup final in Qatar. it just had everything. End to end, non-stop with two teams just going hammer & thong at each other.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If the final is City-United, it will be the same teams for a second year in a row for the first time since 1883-84/1884-85 when Blackburn faced the Scottish club Queen's Park.
The hope is that City have their hands full in the league where they can't make any mistakes, plus the champions league and then Pep tries to be too clever v Chelsea.

Much better chance v Chelsea, assuming we don't screw the semi up.

siw2007

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 10 years, but I think that was the best game I’ve ever had the pleasure of attending. It was a great start to the game and we should have gone 2 up but find ourselves 2-1 after some sloppy defending. Most of the 2nd half we were just dominated and could never imagine getting back into it, but fair play to the manager, his offensive changes completely unsettled Liverpool and it was a very close final 30 min. We won this game because the manager and the team showed bravery, courage and a never say die attitude. Did think we lost it at 3-2 and had the Liverpool fans throw their drinks at me so went crazy when Amad scored the winner.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can someone explain to me, at the end what formation did we play and which players occupied the positions? I'm quite confused and saw Bruno as a CB.
We ended the 90mins with some sort of weird Dalot-Maguire-Lindelof combo, going all out for the win.

But the ET was just mad, as Eriksen and Bruno were randomly close to centre back at times, Antony was deep at times, and we had a tonne of attacking mids all over the place.

Thank goodness we scored so late as it'd have been utter carnage for 10-15mins like that.

AnotherLondonManc

I'm looking at the lineup we finished the game with and I can't work it out!
Maguire was the only CB on the pitch but seemed to be playing as a CF. Mount was pretty deep, along with Dalot.
Was pretty much:

Onana

Dalot Bruno

Mount

Everyone else

Tactical masterstroke, let's line up like this for the rest of the season :devil:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Loved that game... proud of the boys. Shouldn't let our overall disenchantment get in the way of celebrating the good results when they do rarely occur. Watching my daughter scream in delight when Diallo got the winner was special!

miliebrowndivorceattorney

I saw that kid crying after the final whistle and had some watery eyes myself. Amazing how much emotion this game produced.

I was so sick and tired of all that Klopp hype and how he produced 25 superstar youth players and this game was just a blip for them. Against hopeless Ten Hag, half out the door being acked by INEOS, with a crazy assembled squad.

We have no top 4 squad, McTominay just will never be but nobody has more heart than him. Also Maguire, Amad and how Antony just saved the day again wit such an important goal and then played as a left back. And Klopp and his boys of wonder with their fancy haircuts: nowhere. We won because of grit and because we have a great manager. Maybe he makes them run too much but man this fighting game is why I watch football, why I support Manchester United great, great moment. I won't forget this game for a long time.

redshaw

We created plenty to win this in both 90 minutes and extra time.
Exactly. We were exhilarating in attack all game and created 28 shots with many great goals and chances. A top side in control doesn't allow that, Liverpool had the ref and scruffy goals to help them along and were slow in the build up which adds to some possession stats, really a team with 40+% possession are well in it and often creating the best which did by a truck load.

Dannn411

Special shout out to Garnacho btw. Where on earth is that energy from? Its absolutely ridiculous. He can run for weeks and not feel a thing. Just incredible talent.

Unam333

We ended the 90mins with some sort of weird Dalot-Maguire-Lindelof combo, going all out for the win.

But the ET was just mad, as Eriksen and Bruno were randomly close to centre back at times, Antony was deep at times, and we had a tonne of attacking mids all over the place.

Thank goodness we scored so late as it'd have been utter carnage for 10-15mins like that.
It was so confusing. I saw Antony, Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, McTominay, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen all on the pitch, Maguire went up and was attacking as well and couldn't figure out how we set up. I think the Liverpool players were quite confused by that as well.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I love the crazy 11 on the pitch at the end. A proper do or die just go for it! Loved that

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was so confusing. I saw Antony, Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, McTominay, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen all in the pitch, Maguire was attacking as well and couldn't figure out how we set up. I think the Liverpool players were quite confused by that as well.
I loved it :lol:

SirScholes

This was probably the most crazy (in a good way) United games game of football in 3-4 seasons. End to end, blow for blow and absolutely nutty subs.
I’d push it further than 4 seasons
Other than Munich, i can’t think of a more crazy game

Pickle85

Haven't felt this good after a united game in so long. And we fecking deserved it.

The_Midfielder

How the hell did we win that with 3 defenders..
During extra time.we didn't allow them to get out of their half ..

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 365 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool