FA W FA Cup Quarter-Finals

Manchester United 4:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 March 2024

Overhaul FC

What I like is that all of the players put in a shift for once. Only Rashford and Bruno showed their glimpses of shitness and moaning.

Varane and AWB were awesome until they had to go off. Dalot and Onana brilliant. Mainoo and Garnacho have it everything they had.

Eriksen, Amad and even Antony played well coming on!!

When all that happens you have a chance of beating anyone on that day.

humdinger

I missed the second half but in the first half and extra time we were excellent and fully deserved the win. We missed some great chances too, could have been more.

Sending off Amad was absolutely cnutish from the ref.

feck the Scouse cnuts!

the_cliff

Here's the clip.

Klopp is rattled. Hopefully it's the beginning of their nosedive this season.

Addled

Did the sack of shit claim that he didn’t have the English words to explain what happened in the press conference? I just walked sorry floated in to the room to see the gobby shit shitetalking to the media. Not a happy carrot eating bunny

[

Fts 74

One for the ages what a game.

Excellent first 30 minutes should've been 2 up, then 2 bad goals.Second half they we're stroking it around without really threatening. He gets a lot of stick and quite rightly, but it was a great goal from Antony.Another lucky deflection for the scousers but wow, what an ending absolutely brilliant!
EtH deserves huge credit for the risks he took, even Klopp acknowledged that, haven't felt like this since Paris, games like these remind you why you love this club, sensational.

DavidDeSchmikes

Oh, this is the one
Oh, this is the one
This is the one
I've waited for
This is the one
Oh, this is the one
Oh, this is the one
This is the one
I've waited for

Bertie Wooster

Absolutely amazing result (and the perfect cup draw after it!) :drool:

I want to be up and about going mad with celebrations, but as usual after a mad game like that I'm just physically and emotionally drained

We were unlucky to be going in at HT losing - we were much the better team for the first half hour or more. Then poor in the second half until the equaliser. After that, we were the stronger team and were, once again, unlucky to be losing at the end of the first period of ET. Then, such an amazing ending to the game!

It's been a sh*te season, but that's one of the best games in years! :drool:

Anustart89

There was something weird with the game clock on my feed during the final minutes of the game, did anyone else notice it?

When Amad scored, the time was 30:06. After all the celebrations and ball was in play the clock said 30:26. Have they started stopping the clock for goal celebrations or what was that feckery?

Last edited:

Cloud7

Ahh man I am gutted that I had to work and missed this.

That Amad goal...absolute chills

Flying_Heckfish

Classic game with loads of drama and excitement. Low on actual quality, but in these games who cares really, we can go back to normality another day.

I really thought we'd blown our chances 2 or 3 times, if we were a more accomplished side we'd have been out of sight in the first half. First time seeing this steel attitude from the team in a LONG time though, hopefully it's wasn't just for the occasion

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
@Utd heap you're welcome :lol:

Gutted I missed this one but still buzzing with that victory.

Zlatans Knee

Antony as left back?? He did very well.
I tried suggesting this could be worth a shot a couple of weeks ago. Some chap thought it was the worst idea since sliced bread. Luckily opinions are like arseholes and everyone has one.

Rustyspider13

There was something weird with the game clock on my feed during the final minutes of the game, did anyone else notice it?

When Amad scored, the time was 30:06. After all the celebrations and ball was in play the clock said 30:26. Have they started stopping the clock for goal celebrations or what was that feckery?
I saw that as well. It felt like the 31st minute lasted for 2 minutes. I think the broadcasters thought the game was over when Amad was walking off and messed up the clock or something.

RomfordRed75

Maybe this 2 5 3 formation is the way to go!
Absolutely buzzing....one if the best games I've ever seen

JediSith

Amazing match. We were crap most of the second half but who cares now we’re through.

Love that Amad got the winner. I think that he’s very underrated and should be part of the Garnacho, Hujland, Mainoo click and is an important player for years to come.

Also Onana looking more and more solid. Before when he had a good patch there was still a shakiness about his saves. But now his goalkeeping seems to be based on good technique and I love the way he deals with high balls and crosses.

MyBloodIsRed

showed fight…. For once! This season has not been one to remember. But I think everything is there with the right signings now that the structures in place. I think ETH could really take us places.

abailey123

Can’t believe I’ve just seen us beat Liverpool with a back 4 of Dalot, Maguire, Bruno and Antony.
Amad deserves so much credit - he was outstanding in everything he was tasked to do when he came on. Ten Hag’s kids have done it !

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Unsavoury.
Which fans were doing it?

Some United fans would have you believe the "Murderers" chant isn't that, but it's a horrible one in itself.
I heard the murderers chant a few times. I didn't hear anything from the Liverpool fans to be fair to them.

wolvored

Gret result, one I didnt expect. glad TH said were building for the near future (he might not be here though) With Amad Garnacho Mainoo and Hojlund. Others to come through as well.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 365 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool