PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:2 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 April 2024

Rojofiam

3 bullshit pens in the last 2 games, just great

When will ETH or someone from the club speak up about it?

We've had every 50-50 go against us and almost never get even stonewall pens, ever since that twat Klopp mentioned how we "get so many penalties" under Ole a few years ago

Ever since then these cnuts get everything, especially after the Spurs game blunder in September

Darkhorsez

Did well to get a point considering where we were at HT. Stupid tackle by AWB, he doesn't need to live up to his nickname all the time especially in and around the box. Defence apart from that was pretty solid. Obviously the massive issue was with our midfield and ball retention.

First time I've been into the matchday thread during a game today. Absolute cesspit of a thread - like twitter with people crying about Bruno and saying they don't want to see him ever play for the club at HT then calling him a genius a minute later. Laughable.
Yeah it’s appalling at times here. Zero subjectivity

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Imagine we could play this system and win games? It's quite the spectacle. And we've had some tremendous entertainment lately. But Christ, we could concede 10 every game. EVERY GAME!!!! Big Willy did well, Diogo good again, two unbelievable goals, Liverpool's title bid damaged, I mean we couldn't have asked for much more coming into this, could we?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
First 20 mins I thought we started well. Liverpool then very much took control and really could have put the game to bed.

2nd half started similar and needed the goal to get us going but I thought we were fantastic after that Bruno goal.

no complaints and happy with the result even though it could have been more

PoTMS

Decent result, shite performance. Liverpool are shite and Ten Hag bottled it.

Heinzesight

That's now seven points dropped in the latter stages of games in the space of a week. This team simply cannot defend a lead.

The point doesn't make any difference to us really, but nice to put a dent in Liverpool's title hopes (as smalltime as that sounds).
Awful mentality. The amount of times a player of ours could just chest it down or take a touch at the back and lay it off but instead choose to slice it out of play or just launch it to their full backs is unbearable.

DON’T PANIC ™

Decent result considering how dominant the scousers were.
But another ridiculous penalty to concede. The lack of intelligence of our players is gob smacking.

Great goal from Bruno, but otherwise he was poor as was Casemiro.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Performance was chaotic again but honestly I'm not in the mood for analysing the game of football.

Happy with the draw. F*ck Liverpool and f*ck Klopp I hope we have well and truly derailed the farewell tour. I hope Salah f*cks off with him too, sick of him scoring against us.

Unbeaten versus the greatest team of all time.

klsv

At least we won't have to face Klopp again any time soon.

Unam333

They are an odd bunch, could of had 9 points from the last 3 games but come away with 2.

Numb to it all theses days but a braindead moment from AWB has denied Kobbie of the most perfect winning moments. Shame but never mind.
Yup, very interesting. Could of had 9 points and would be still in the top 4 battle, we only have 2 points and out of the top 4.

The 7+ added time in all those games is absolutely mental though.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
What bugs me about Liverpool is last season their midfield was poor and they were poor. They rid themselves of some players and brought in good midfielders and now they are fighting for a title. We've had a poor midfield for a decade now and we still haven't fixed the problem. I just don't get it.

Speaking of midfielders, I'm full convinced we need a new AM now. Bruno is just bad right now and he's 30 so he will not get consistently better.

Usually I'm very excited about a United, Liverpool match, this time I was very meh about it because we play such poor football. ETH has sucked the joy out of United football.

ETH OUT (I think everyone should end their post with ETH OUT and maybe Ratcliffe and company will get the message).

Nick7

We've had every 50-50 go against us and almost never get even stonewall pens, ever since that twat Klopp mentioned how we "get so many penalties" under Ole a few years ago

Ever since then these cnuts get everything, especially after the Spurs game blunder in September
Nah that was an absolutely stone wall penalty.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Happy with a point, would have taken it before the game and definitely at half time.

A bit annoying we gave away another daft penalty... But ultimately we only got back into the game thanks to a gift from them(though Bruno had a lot to do obviously) and they would have scored regardless. The only surprising thing was they didn't get a third.

I do hate how negative we go as soon as we score. But that's ETH for you.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Can’t say this wasn’t a pen. Although the first against Chelsea was more debatable

RedRocket9908

Good result for us after getting battered in the first half, the penalty was correct in my opinion as was the yellow for Casemiro.

Kelleher was lucky to avoid a sending off.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Maguire was awful, Kambwala was covering for his panicking rather than the other way round. Disappointed in the manager settling for the draw at the end as well. Casemiro had some good moments but overall not really good enough. Anthony Taylor is a sack of shit as well though, he was basically man marking our DMs the whole game and that yellow card for Kambwala was a disgrace.

Unam333

Disgraceful. That wasn't a penalty and I don't understand why the darn VAR didn't overrule it or let the ref check the penalty claim.

Strachan8

Football is about goals and winning. Despite how poor we are they only had two shots on target more than us (one of which was the gifted penalty). Haaland takes a lot of criticism but Liverpool’s attackers are way more profligate. The media still want call them out though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We’ve put it in Arsenals favour now anyway. Down to them

Blood Mage

Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Wan Bissaka need to follow ETH out the door

Todd

A win and two draws against Liverpool this season is a much better haul than I ever would have expected.

The rest of our matches don't really matter and them dropping two points today hurts them in the title run-in so all and all it is a fine day for us.

Cantona in disguise

The problem is awb sliding in there gives the ref a decision to make. Little contact is irrelevant because in full flow it looks like a pen. Minimal contact but don't dive in the ref can't give it then.

jesperjaap

Wehave had injuries including midfield but its glaringly obvious which never would have thought at the start of season....defensively our midfield needs an overhaul, Casemiro is shot, Amrabat not good enough to stay....noneof theothers candefend positionally or chasing back...one weakness see even in Mainoos games atthe moment. We need to sign 2cm for sure

eire-red

It's not up to Elliot to avoid AWB's challenge. It was stupid and unnecessary.

Wing Attack Plan R

Cannot wait for that gurning fecking lunatic Klopp to feck off.

Started really well. Ten Hag subs were good. AWB is just not comfortable on the left and his usual spider tackling technique failed today.

Bravo, Mainoo!

I’ll take the draw. I think we were the better side and “deserved” the win, but a draw is fair.

Irwin99

Best you can say is that the difference between this and the 4-0 thrashing when we supposed to stop their charge a few years ago was pretty big in terms of character and fight shown.

That said, so messy and chaotic. He doesn't have the players to play this way and that's even if you'd actually WANT to play this way which most wouldn't. Still, happy with a point.

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 30% of 235 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 225 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw