PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Luton Town

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 November 2023

stevoc

I forsee that one day we might win a game by more than one goal. But not yet, not yet.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Hojlund, despite his miss, looks like he's going to be at least a good center forward, and possibly a great one - shame about his injury. Rashford and Garnacho both missing sitters as well. We didn't look good, and still could have won that 4-0.

5 and 6 points off media darlings Spurs and Arsenal.

Yanited__

Maguire man of the match
Rashford trying!
Mounts best stuff so far
Onana solid
Bruno fired up but meh
McT not so bad
Another poor game from a start for Garnacho
Rasmus should have scored

Not so bad. Take the points and move on
I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. Good summary.

Camilo

Classic performance. Keep results like this coming week in week out and we win the league.

Last edited:

stevoc

I wanted to be wooed. I was expecting nothing less than a 5 nill win. I feel like the players shat in my month with that performance.
For Luton? :lol:

Which fecking team have you been watching this season? Because its not this United team.

The Irish Connection

Luton made it difficult, we missed a couple good chances. Front 3 is broken apart from Hojlund who is promising but should have scored today.

Antony did ok when he came on, obviously gives us more balance but we definitely need an upgrade on him.

Maguire probably motm.

GreatDane

We would be alot more dangerous in attack if we had a winger that could cross the ball.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Another game forward misfiring, nothing coming from the right regardless who plays. Another nervy 1-0 win with a toothless opponent who almost score. 6 points from top, hurray to ETH. Still hanging in there with such a shit show. Maybe when the season our GD is +1.

Barthez

5 points behind the all conqueroring and lauded Spurs

Hester_manc

A little strange:

United have scored 13 goals and have 16 goals against us. We are number 6.

N. Forest have scored 12 goals and have 15 goals against them. They are number 15.

LDUred

We won today in large part because Christian Eriksen was subbed off.

Looks like a Dad kicking a ball around with his kids in the park.

Maguire was our best player, Mount did pretty well.

Decent displays from Lindelof, Reguilon, Onana and that's it.

BorisManUtd

Big 3 points, especially for ten Hag. Not a good performance but still should've scored another 2 or 3.

Another good performance from Maguire, he's probably MotM.

Not going to complain much. We won and it's best possible way to go into international break. We'll need much better performances when the break is over as our fixture list will be much more difficult and 2 CL games will take a lot of players' energy as we basically have to win those two games to pass our group somehow.

ti vu

5 win out of 5 against current bottom 6. Playing the 7th placed from the bottom next game :drool:

RuudTom83

Next gameweek sees... City vs Liverpool, Spurs vs Villa, so more ground can be made up quickly if United beat Everton.

Top 4 by the half way mark would be bloody amazing all things considered.

OrcaFat

Important 3 points. Our strikers are really so wasteful it’s ridiculous.

I also can’t believe we’re only 6 points off the top 2 after the start we’ve had.
It’s the lack of goals that’s killing us. Obvs. We conceded too many as well but if we can just get the forwards scoring a few (some! Any!) goals, we’ll get nearer the top.

It can happen. However, it’s impossible to believe it at the moment.

MonkeysMagic

Not under any delusion that this team, with even the injured players back, is going to turn a corner and become good. We should just get used to tumescent 1-0 wins against weaker opp and the usual defeat against better ones, until the end of season. If better coaching candidates becomes available, one can hope we go for them.

MrBest

Just happy I didn't bother watching. Happy to read we got the win. The performance sounds as unexciting as the line up.

neon_badger

I've pretty much forgotten that game already, Hojlund nearly scoring his first league goal with his knob was amusing though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Only 5 points behind Spurs :lol: If we'd have beaten them we'd be above them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mad how shit you've been and you are still in touching distance of top 4.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We were awful, just lucky we played Luton today. Keep playing like this and we have a thrashing coming our way.

alsabi

A little strange:

N. Forest have scored 12 goals and have 15 goals against them. They are number 15.
Our genius is in conceding most of our goals in defeats

Todd

Big sigh of relief after needing a goal from our backup CB to beat a club that'll be in the Championship next season at home in a match in which we have now probably lost two important players to hamstring injuries for a month.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It wasn't great but we got the three points. Onto the next one.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Sounds like we scraped through. Another papering of the cracks win. Nothing will change moving forward until we get humped…which is inevitable.

OleGunnar20

Can anyone recommend any good hobbies? I'm thinking of joining the Mrs with the crochet at this point.

Pronewbie

Peep
It's Luton obviously (ala Crystal Palace reserves in the League Cup) but I saw some decent patterns of play compared to the shower of shite we've been served the past few months. Onwards and upwards.

Irwin99

A little strange:

I'm really happy we won and the pressure is eased a little on EtH but i'm really concerned about how this season is going to go for goals. I was worried at the start of the season when we finished our transfer business but i did not think it would be this bad. Said it before but it reminds me of LVGs second season.

In general 13 goals in 12 games is pretty naff but for a club built on the foundations of attacking football and entertainment that's dire, it really is. We're going to come against some much better teams in December and if we don't improve our finishing we're fecked and it'll probably be yet another manager facing the sack.

LDUred

Hojlund is good but very, very raw right now to be leading the line in the Prem.

In a perfect world you would probably farm him out to get used to the hurly burly of English football.

People need to be a bit patient because this season he might only get a handful of goals in the Prem, but he's got something worth persevering with. A bit of bulking up in the gym will do wonders.

NZT-One

I thought, we looked decent. Nothing to write home about but we were alright. In 1st half, it looked as if we had more zip to our passing and we moved the ball to move the opponent. Again - basic stuff but stuff that has been missing in recent weeks. I think winning is deserved, wasn't a great game but we did more than Luton.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Hojlund is good but very, very raw right now to be leading the line in the Prem.

In a perfect world you would probably farm him out to get used to the hurly burly of English football.

People need to be a bit patient because this season he might only get a handful of goals in the Prem, but he's got something worth persevering with. A bit of bulking up in the gym will do wonders.
I think he’s better than good and we’re holding him back more than he is to us.

Ive not seen him struggle with physical side of things… well over 6 foot and almost 13 stone. He could maybe add a bit but might lose a yard of pace

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 190 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Luton Town win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Luton Town
  • 17% Man Utd 3:0 Luton Town