PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 March 2020

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Scenes. We actually have a bench that can impact the game!!! What a performance by all the team!

cyril C

Can someone teach James WHEN and HOW to pass! It should have been 2-0 in 1st half, and what a marvellous missed opportunity in 2nd half.

Marcus

Superb game. We had control and won. Well done Ole!

Dash247

We are getting back to the winning ways at the right time. Let's keep this going and close the season on a strong note. Top 4 finish would be amazing. Great result.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That game was everything. Concentration, effort, endevour, cleverness. We restricted City to pot shots, again. So many top, top performances. Brilliant.

WE'VE SEEN IT ALL, WE'VE WON THE LOT, WE'RE MAN UTD AND WE'RE NEVER GONNA STOP...!

DevilRed

That was the Manchester United of old. The spirit. The non stop running and work rate. It was a team effort in every sense of the word.

Just really proud of the lads. Speechless to be honest. The double (treble?) over citeh this year.

We are building something up. If you can't see it then thats a shame. Who wouldn't want to be a part of this team right now?

Judas

Open to offers
James decision making at times poor, but overall thought he was fantastic today, did his job almost perfectly, just needs to pick the right pass.

Ighalo was amazing for his little cameo, ball stuck to him like glue.

lex talionis

Full analysis later, but the bottom line is that we played like lions. Mistakes, sure, but we gave it everything we had, which was more than City could bear.

wolvored

Brilliant result really good first half. We let them camp in our half 2nd, and luckily the defence was top drawer today. 10 without loss. Another clean sheet.

Dante

Average bang
That McTominay goal was the best single footballing moment I've experienced in years!!!!!!!!

There's nothing better than a last second goal to seal a win.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Was convinced City would pull one back. Absolutely delighted with that win. So many positives and thought Martial had his best game in a United shirt for a very long time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I wasn't confident beforehand, but I would have felt sick if he didn't see it out. Should have had at least 1 penalty, arguably 2. Dean was giving them every opportunity to equalise in the 2nd half.

Good performance. Shaw and AWB were rock solid. Great finish from Martial. Bruno keeps getting better. Fred bossed it and a quality cameo from McT at the end. Wonderful.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Poor Dean. Tried hardest amongst the whole City bunch but still came up short. Great performance from us. Totally dominated the match and should have scored more if James decision making was better.

Champagne Football

Bruno would have had a hat trick if someone like Sancho was on the right wing. Harry Maguire is just simply a man mountain. With Fred, Scott and Matic we have 3 players who can nullify the most lethal CM opponents. Bruno has turned our season around

RedIan

BEAT THEM HOME AND AWAY !!
Oles tactics spot on again. He outsmarted PEP again. Great performance, disciplined, great defending, playing them on the break and booooom !! An awesome effort against a very good City team. Happy days

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Buzzing. Fantastic win, and another clean sheet. We’re really building something now.

Michael T

What a great result, and one that should piss off the Ole out brigade no end. Bring on Spurs. How elusive are bloody Chelsea though - was hoping for more from Everton. Well done Ole and the lads.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I can't stop smiling..

Well done to the lads. They really showed grit today. Not everything can be pretty, but they really dug in today. Very proud of them.

Come on United!!!!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Everyone did their jobs well. I was scared when he replaced Martial without someone to hold the ball up, but Ighalo came on soon enough and fixed that really well. Obvious credit to Martial, Fred, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, but James (despite his decision making) and de Gea were absolutely crucial too.

cosimas

Every player gave it their all. Absolutely fantastic effort. A bit lucky at times but suck it up Citeh.

Valuedrug

More good vibes from this one. Sure, it’s a weakened and demotivated City side, and we definitely rode our luck at times. But that’s some nice goals and what appears to be actual desire and belief in the majority of the squad. Yet again.

Although I think it’s the Bruno signing and what it signals to the rest of the squad more than anything which has galvanised us, I’m really starting to think there is also something to the culture talk from Ole.

Roll on Spurs and the Toxic One.

dev1l

City had loads of possession but we had more chances. And that shows Ole done his job well. And stop this cowardice football shit, even under Fergie we played some "cowardice football" , especially in big games.

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 475 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Man City