PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

Theonas

Scout
I have never seen an interview with Ole where he talks about tactics like Pep has done here
It doesn't help that the pundits rarely pick up on tactical analysis from these coaches. They all want to only talk about running and desire and character. Even when City and Liverpool win, all they want to focus on is these attributes which almost suggests it's the only difference maker. Ole is part of that dinosaur culture.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Keane brilliant as per. Ole is useless but so many players are unreliable.

ForeverRed1

Incredibly flat and unconvincing post match comments from Ole. Moyes level stuff.
moyes has West Ham punching.
Moyes has West Ham above us with better goal difference.
moyes has a much cheaper squad than us playing systematic football. He deserves credit where it’s due.

united for life

United players & manager after the match: we are disappointed and apologise to the fans who deserve better than this. We go again next week.

No need to worry. They will go again since they play at the biggest club in the world.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ole’s interview is so underwhelming; you don’t believe in his words and he speaks in cliches with no sense he has a clue what to do to fix anything. It’s a mercy killing by now to sack him.
I don't think that the players have even the remotest belief in him or his staff.
And that is the real problem isn't it.
When things are not going well, you always look to the leadership.
But there clearly isn't the required leadership. No leaders in the dressing room. And none on the pitch either.

In all honesty, none of the players are in good form. And you cannot just carry on doing the same thing.
We desperately need someone to come in and organise us into an effective unit.

Red River Rock

Ole should not have got past the 6 months stage, the last two & a half years were very predictable.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I don’t blame Ole for everything but I do blame him for most of it.
He has to go.
If he had anything about him he would have resigned after the Liverpool game.
For the love of God Ole go!

Ixion

Micah actually pointing out Ole's CV is terrible and Jose also finished 2nd and it wasn't considered amazing.

simplyared

Undoubtedly the worst Manchester derby I've witnessed. We are at the point of no return. Yet I'm convinced we have the squad to perform a lot better than we did today. It's there to be seen the players have lost their confidence. New manager is the only remedy!

Red Star One

Richards being the only one speaking some sense, even if also him goes with this bullshit of "club legend club legend club legend"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Are many or city's players warriors? Don't think so.
It's the dinosaur English footy way isn't it.

"Pashun" and being a "character" are all you need to do well. Run harder, tackle harder etc. Never a mention about tactics and actually having a functional system.

Theonas

Scout
Are many or city's players warriors? Don't think so.
It's all complete clutching. Blaming abstract attributes like spirit, mentality and character is comforting. It gives us the illusion that the difference between miserable incompetence and respectable decency is all in the head and attitude which is a nice thought I suppose since the latter cannot actually be evaluated. Much harder to look at technical and tactical elements and show precisely what is going wrong.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The host lady calling out the nonsense about Van Gaal and Mourinho being "top of their game" when we went for them, when they were clearly past their best.
And the mad idea that going for a record with a top cv is a bad idea because of those 2 examples!

Judas

Open to offers
moyes has a much cheaper squad than us playing systematic football. He deserves credit where it’s due.
Obviously talking about when he was in charge of us, maybe not obvious enough for you though babe.

Giggsy13

That was such a nice battering from city. Instead of going bare knuckles, City wore heavily padded gloves and slowly put us to sleep. How thoughtful.

Terminator2017

Agree with many other posters, now is not the time to talk about sacking Ole, this is Manchester United Football club and Ole is one of us, if we sack him everyone is gonna laugh at us, we need to get behind him and the lads, its been a tough few weeks but the transfer window is opening soon and also we won’t have such difficult opponents as we have had, I think we will
Pick up from this point onwards.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Wow. Roy Keane fuming.
And rightly so.
He is saying exactly the same thing.
The players are looking at Ole and his staff and asking themselves - does this guy actually know what he is doing.
And the clear indication is that they are not convinced.

SirMattlives

Really depressing — such a toothless performance. As someone said, worse than the Liverpool game in some ways, it’s impossible to determine what the coaching is trying to achieve. If this is how we play when we trying to make a point, I guess we all should see the real point. This is not acceptable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair play to Richards, talking sense.
He does, and while he's biased of course, when he's talking about United he's spot on.
And doesn't bow to older pundits who try and patronise him down to shut him up like Sourness tried to..."Micah, Micah" etc.

redmanx

I agree Ole must take some of the blame, but yet again we saw seasoned, good, professional footballers simply giving the ball away; I lost count of the amount of times a red shirt gifted City the ball; sometimes our players were not even looking! These are school boy/girl errors made by adults who are either too stupid to learn the basics of the game or couldnt care less. Either way its not good enough. I would give the captaincy to Ronaldo and tell him to do as Roy Keanne used to do, be the managers voice and presence on the pitch and get truly stuck into any player who isnt doing the business. Maguire doesnt seem to have the respect of the players to do that. Ole should get the defence and midfield in every day and he and his staff have to instill the basics in them, beat it into them if needs be! Keep the ball; pass it to one of your team mates; track back; watch the space around you; dont be caught ball watching and concentrate every second of every minute...its really not that hard to do, but they have to want to do it! We have some truly gifted players in attacking positions but they are being constantly let down by others in midfield and defence who are simply not doing their jobs. Ive supported Ole and do still, but if he cant change the mind set of these players then I think he has to go, or, we bring in somebody who will shout, scream, kick, bite and bollock them until they either wake up or leave.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
I’m not to upset by todays performance. We were playing against what is probably the best team on the planet and we kept it down to 2-0. DeGea immense again and without him, it would have been worse. We have to accept that we are not at the same level as City, Chelsea or Liverpool and a defeat to these teams has to be viewed in that context. Top 6 will do for me this season - we are halfway through a 5 year rebuild.

JSC

Wow. Neville is severely compromised and nobody in there is capable of killing his defence. Mourinho wasn’t at the top of his game when he joined Utd - had a far worse squad - wasn’t backed in his last Summer and still won two trophies more than Ole has in 3 years. LVG also won a trophy despite how awful they were.

It’s going to get far worse if something isn’t done quick.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m not to upset by todays performance. We were playing against what is probably the best team on the planet and we kept it down to 2-0. DeGea immense again and without him, it would have been worse. We have to accept that we are not at the same level as City, Chelsea or Liverpool and a defeat to these teams has to be viewed in that context. Top 6 will do for me this season - we are halfway through a 5 year rebuild.
:lol: WUM

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What's worse than our inept games against 2 of our rival is that we don't even have pride left, Keane and co might be beaten tactically but no way they'd let them walk us off the park like that, crunchy tackles and extra 110%, we'll definetly fought for every inch of the grass

And he's supposed to be one of our own that ole lad.

Ixion

Wow. Neville is severely compromised and nobody in there is capable of killing his defence. Mourinho wasn’t at the top of his game when he joined Utd - had a far worse squad - wasn’t backed in his last Summer and still won two trophies more than Ole has in 3 years. LVG also won a trophy despite how awful they were.

It’s going to get far worse if something isn’t done quick.
I hate the argument it didnt work with LVG or Jose so there's no point looking at more experienced managers. They did both win something and Jose's 81 points is the highest since Sir Alex left and his two full seasons had the best defensive records since Sir Alex.

ForeverRed1

Obviously talking about when he was in charge of us, maybe not obvious enough for you though babe.
moyes didn’t even get the chances ole has had. He got 8 months and no signings in a ageing squad. Actually, he got fellaini.

I get he was a disaster or whatever.. but it’s harsh to keep calling him out when everywhere else he has gone he has been successful. Babe.

you can’t compare this. 3 seasons, millions and millions spent and excuse after excuse. Still not even close to a trophy.

this is a whole other level of bad at the moment.
let’s hope he can turn it around because even now.. he’s not going anywhere

VivaJesperBlomqvist

The host lady calling out the nonsense about Van Gaal and Mourinho being "top of their game" when we went for them, when they were clearly past their best.
And the mad idea that going for a record with a top cv is a bad idea because of those 2 examples!
You mean Kelly Cates? She's fab.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Totally agree.
Look. I am not saying that he was great when he was here. But we have to accept that the players did not respond to him.
And they are definitely not responding to Ole either.
Nor LVG, nor José.
What does that tell us.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results