PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
City never left first gear. No subs made by them because players weren’t tired at all - played at walking pace.

The gap between us is enormous - as big as it’s ever been.

AWB needs dropping, as does Shaw, Maguire, Greenwood and McTominay.
I didn't realize they made no subs. It just shows how easy the 2nd half was for them.

Time for Ole to go and there is nothing else really to say.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Uhm. We had only one shot on their goal, and Bailly had one on ours. Was there another one from us? Could be true. It's so sad I want to bundle up and sob :(
One shot on goal with our attacking options in a game that was apparently life or death for Ole is just shocking. Either;

1) we're scared to open our shape and risk getting smashed again this season
2) this match wasn't life or death for Ole at all and he's already been told he's being replaced soon
3) once again we prepared for this match by running a lot in training, and then threw a dart at a tactics choice board five minutes before kickoff
4) Eboue

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I don't think MCFC even bothered making a substitution, because they played in 1st gear.
I wonder if the MCFC players feel tired at all.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Players aren’t good enough. This won’t be turned around with a new manager I’m afraid.
The players are absolutely good enough.
I would argue that we have one of the best squads on the planet.
If Real Madrid had our squad, they'd be thinking about winning the CL.
Our coaches are unable to improve, coach or explain tactics to our players. Not a single player has improved under the current regime. Not one.

jem

Scholes having a go at Ole, saying it's his job to sort out his system, that he gets paid to do it.

Orange Tree

After watching that game, you have to wonder what the feck do they do in the training. Surely even the board can see that United aren't going anywhere but backwards under Ole.

UpWithRivers

At this point, I really can't understand how he won't resign. How can his pride and dignity allow him to walk out at OT again? Any half decent respecting professional should be embarrassed by this. We are one of the top most valuable teams in the planet and can't string two passes together, let alone sustain any pressure long enough to create a chance after three years of his coaching. The only comparable miserable performance in football I can think of is Bartomeu as Barcelona president.
People including Ole think he is the second coming of Sir Alex. Sir Alex was under pressure after 3 years and so is Ole. Its all aligned in the stars. Its note even a joke. They are literally that level of delusional.

sparx99

Utd have a tactically inept manager, we had an improving young team and the system was working, we bought varan to improve defence, sancho to cover right wing. Now instead of buying ronaldo we should have a bought a holding midfielder and that would have improved the team over all. Ronaldo will score goals but I think utd will play overall better football if we play rashford instead of ronaldo as a striker.
Ronaldo is there just to finish chances. We should be this bad just because we have Fred and McTominay. Declan Rice or Kante or Kimmich wouldn’t solve the issues with tactics.

Not a plastic hoe.

Embarrassing and humiliating. City fans were taking the piss just like liverpool fans weeks ago…never in my life I would have thought that I would see such poor display and such scenes. He needs to go.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Funny thing. People who only look at the score line might think we did well. That’s how fecked it is under Ole and he’s spent so much and has the best squad in post SAF
No dude.
After losing 2-0, I don't think anybody (except Ole) think that we did well.

cedara

We had nothing. Just nothing. Thoroughly outclassed in every aspect of the game. Arguably, this was a defeat as humiliating and comprehensive as the loss against Liverpool, though the score was kinder. I think it was beyond the 20-minute mark before we even had a relatively sustained sequence of ball control within City's half, never mind an actual attack. Shortly after there was Ronaldo's magnificent volley - and then not a scoring chance for the rest of the game, or hardly even a proper attack. In the second half, City was just playing keep-the-ball, much like Liverpool after 0-5, and we made that ridiculously easy for them by the absence of any coordinated or energetic press. We just buckled.

This is the second game in a row where we start with 3 at the back, let in two and then have to switch to 4231 mid-game. Perhaps that's a sign it's not the solution?

Also, what was the game plan here? We played 3 at the back AND a flat midfield 3 AND Greenwood operating behind Ronaldo rather than threatening the backspace. Unless you can dominate the midfield and the game generally (as if), that basically leaves you with two attackers, which means you rely pretty much on counterattacking. But is Ronaldo going to do that? He's not that kind of player. How could this possibly succeed?

Also for the second straight game, the opposition really is tightly onto Bruno all of the time, effectively taking him out of the game.

Anyway, this really isn't going anywhere. We did well against Tottenham, but this game as well as Atalanta were just firm confirmations that this has now run its course, and a change needs to be made.
Oh please, you have the patient to analyze the tactic after the game? you must be some kind of AI right?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ronaldo is there just to finish chances. We should be this bad just because we have Fred and McTominay. Declan Rice or Kante or Kimmich wouldn’t solve the issues with tactics.
Forget signing any ready to hit their peak top players if Ole is the manager.

Chip

wolvored

Does anybody really think we are going to finish in front of West Ham, Arsenal or Spurs for that top 4 spot. The first 2 are playing better football than us, and Conte will improve Spurs. In fact they could all be higher than us after sunday.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We had one shot on City's goal (Ronaldo). We had two on our own (Bailly's OG and Lindelof's shot which forced a good DDG save).
I believe you. It's just hilarious really.

sparx99

Owenis spot on. Decide the structure, let weqk players get exposed, then weed them out but never compromise on system.

Ole is doing exactly opposite.
Yes! If it’s 4-3-3 then play Matic/Fred/McTominay as the DM and coach to should become clear you need a better DM. But the team would have the structure in place.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The team has gone backwards with Ronaldo despite his goals. Never looked this poor last season. It's bizarre.

GBBQ

City never left first gear. No subs made by them because players weren’t tired at all - played at walking pace.

The gap between us is enormous - as big as it’s ever been.

AWB needs dropping, as does Shaw, Maguire, Greenwood and McTominay.
They also played Wednesday which Ole had said was not workable with an early Saturday kick off. We had an extra day on them and still looked so far off the pace.

Devil may care

We started off in the fetal position with our arms up just hoping we wouldn't get battered too badly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sourness and Richards arguing at whose fault all our defending was.

Painful stiff

R'hllor

I am sorry, you can be Ole in or out, really dont give a crap but that shit aint acceptable and if you add context to it, it makes it even worse.

JSC

While these two argue - amazingly - uninterrupted - Keane sits quietly looking like a 4 year old choir boy who’s managed to sneak into a screening of The Exorcist. Sad times. He knows we’re in serious trouble and miles away from the club doing anything about it.

Green_Red

I'm hoping that the best thing that comes out of this is that Keano decks Souness in the studio live. That would make my day.

I don't know why we're looking at Uniteds mistakes, they should be showing some of City's sublime play.

bonothom

Yeah not bad. I think we are close to being a really good team. Give Ole another £100 million and I reckon we might be mid rable.

Superunknown

The talk from the pundits Keane, Richards and Souness after the game (analysing Wan Bissaka, Fernandes and the two goals)...they're showing more passion and energy than our players did in the 90 minutes. :lol:

sparx99

and nearly cost us a goal
Van de Beek gets 10 minutes and gets consigned to the scrap heap. Fred, McTominay etc get multiple chances, multiple mistakes, red cards, lose 5-0 to Liverpool and still start every game.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:3 Man City
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Man City