PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
City never left first gear. No subs made by them because players weren’t tired at all - played at walking pace.

The gap between us is enormous - as big as it’s ever been.

AWB needs dropping, as does Shaw, Maguire, Greenwood and McTominay.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm getting tired of this now. Just why did we miss out on Conte after Liverpool? What a mess of a club.
We don't ever have a plan. We will sack a manager then think about about to do next which will inevitably lead to another bad decision.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We’re simply nowhere near good enough.

Ole cannot do any more anymore.

Change needed.

Schmeichel=God

I've been one of his last supporters. But even I think that he has to go now. I love Ole and I'm thankful for some great moments with him in charge, but it is time for a change.
The congregation warmly greets you... with an antagonising look of "we knew you'd come round".

Edy2

For the folk around during Ferguson's initial period when it was touch and go for him was it ever as bad as this? I'd suspect not!

steffyr2

They simply contained us second half.

We wont make top four.
Any decent manager with this squad will be challenging for the title.

Ronaldo as player/manager would be the correct decision.
But the parasites will be more interested in saving some money when they fire Ole.
One more time -- the 'parasites' gave the Man Utd fans what they wanted. Own it.

red4ever 79

Much improved today. Lost 5-0 to Liverpool so to only lose 2-0 against City is a major improvement. Shows Ole is starting to turn it around with his new tactics. Expecting Utd to go on a decent run now these awful fixtures are out of the way. Ole at the wheel

Yeah right. Get this fecker sacked tonight. Embarrasment.

Ollie Derbyshire

So bad, our two biggest rivals schooling us in consecutive home games, not having to get out of 2nd gear. I’m not sure how much worse this can get but I’m sure it will.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Neville just won’t criticise Ole it’s mental. All these old United boys sucking each other off.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
More shots on our own target than on City's?
Uhm. We had only one shot on their goal, and Bailly had one on ours. Was there another one from us? Could be true. It's so sad I want to bundle up and sob :(

The Irish Connection

Glazers are the root cause of this. But firstly Ole needs to go. Dreadful again today but I was relaxed watching it as it was expected.

RedIan

Just looking at the stats.. we had 4 touches in the opp box all game… city had 32.
we made 389 passes (looked less) to city’s 821 passes
wtf is going on with this team.

koop

More impressed that it wasn't 6-0 or something similar

FahadiHossein

No one should be saying that it is only the players' fault.
Why was the coach making players to beat the press from deep into their own half when it was already not working at all?
Why were players positioning all over the pitch when the team was trying to play from their back?

IncyWincySpider

Even worse than the Liverpool game. We lost it before a ball was kicked. Nobody involved in the coaching staff should ever be allowed to use the phrase 'United DNA' again. Just embarrassing. And totally predictable.

Only positive was Donny getting such a big cheer.

Superden

At least we've got the 4th place trophy to contend for this season....let's go again.

redshaw

Very sad game. I wouldn't mind losing to some decent goals, it was just two crosses and pathetic defending.

It's funny to here Ole talking about passion, wanting it more and so on, I can't remember such a lethargic timid soft display, the Manchester derby was a total non-event, really a training exercise for City and they found themselves fumbling some cross in.

What sad advert for the Premier League, for Manchester United and even City.

Rustyspider13

Ole and his staff have to leave now for this season to be salvaged. Tactically they are outmatched and Ole can't display any authority. The players can't be bothered to run. That second half was the same as the one vs Liverpool. Zero pressure, zero organization and zero clue on what to do when the ball finally arrives except for wayward headers and scuffed passes. This is not just embarrassing, but depressing and disrespectful to the fans who paid to be there.

Also, please get a midfielder who can pass the ball across the field in January. Doesn't have to be a star, an unspectacular midfielder who gives 7-8/10 performances consistently, doesn't have the defensive awareness of a traffic cone and doesn't hide from the ball will do. Surely there is someone out there in world football.

choccy77

VDB

Committed 2 fouls and gave ball away for Fodden hitting the post.

All in his first 4 minutes on pitch.

Bring back Fred :lol:

sdb4884

Before the match he said we are still the best team in Manchester and that probably means the world. The guy is delusional and it was proven on the park tonight. If he's not fecking sacked tomorrow honestly I hope the fans start rioting again like they did during that Liverpool fixture last year. It's all just not good enough. fecking need the Glazers to feck off and also those shitty Ole assistants, the whole club needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

Scholsey2004

Embarassing again. Sancho again making runs and trying to play one-twos with other players and consistently instead of giving him the ball players recycle the ball infield. So no coaching to integrate the player is going on at all it seems. Ole's got to be done now. We've been patient but the club has some sensational players now and the manager just can't utilise them. The whole coaching department needs clearing out and replacing.

Bobski

Total non event, training session for City, Utd more interested in damage limitation than competing make for a total snooze fest.

City bore me to tears but they are side with clear patterns of play and technical mastery, who knows what Utd are trying.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
532 with Greenwood and Ronaldo uptop against a pacy City backline :lol:

Natener

Over-reactions from some of our fans. What are people expecting against the champions of PL? It's teams like Burnley and Leeds that we need to take points off. Still on target for 40pts!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:3 Man City