PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

Hoof the ball

Fine margins, tbh. I don't think anyone could have watched that game and come to the conclusion that we couldn't have turned it around at any point with just a little bit for luck. A loose 50/50 here, a poor pass there, but we dug in, hit them on the counter a few times and looked generally threatening.

That was terrible!

Gandalf

No point in prolonging it any more, Ole just does not have the ability to turn this around and we need to use this international break to replace him. The board should have done their due diligence over the last couple of weeks and be in position to move quickly and have someone new at the helm for Watford. Today was awful and the formation was begging for trouble from the start, don't play deep and negative against a front foot side or you just concede possession to them and they will pick you off. Bailly back to disaster levels, McTominay not good enough for League Two and frankly at this point I am not sure if anyone other than Ole believes AWB is a professional football player.

Still cannot get over how easy we make it for teams. We never lose to beautiful goals, today an own goal and a defensive mix up, City were actually pretty bad considering how awful we were and just a basic level of competence from the squad would have been enough for a clean sheet. This squad has just lost all cohesion and discipline and we have a captain who cannot organize the side and isn't worth his place in the starting XI. To think, we started the season laughing at the clown show that was Arsenal and they are probably going to finish above us.

steffyr2

Get used to it. There's the occasional interesting/different mistake (Bailly OG, DDG) but basically Utd keeps doing the same things wrong over and over with no sign that anyone is even noticing the problems (can't cross, no positioning of the players, free kicks, corners).

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
They simply contained us second half.

We wont make top four.
Any decent manager with this squad will be challenging for the title.

Ronaldo as player/manager would be the correct decision.
But the parasites will be more interested in saving some money when they fire Ole.

stu_1992

The beat us comfortably without even getting out of second gear. The scoreline isn't as dramatic as the Liverpool, but this is nearly as bad for me but in another way. We couldn't get near them all game and offered nothing. The manner is which we conceded only makes more sickening.

reddevil702

Embarrassing by Ole, never put the squad in a position to win, from the beginning his plan was to avoid another embarrassing defeat. The few times we mounted some kind of attack our attackers were always out numbered. City dominated us more than Liverpool did, score should have been similar.

mav_9me

The 2nd half wasn't even a game. Calling it a training session would be too much.

We were happy to go home.

Denis79

I don't usually post in the football forum but here it is. What the absolute feck was that?

Set up to what look like counter attack and then proceeded to play slow short passes sideways under intense pressing from City in our own box. Fernandes at one point shouting at the defense to stop dropping further back towards goal whenever City had the ball which tells you all you need to know about how we were set up.

The amount of times we played with zero urgency right on the edge of our own box was astounding. Made the players panic and ultimately led to numerous feck ups. City had no problem breaking us down and at one point they could take the ball just outside our box, pass it back to their own half, and still get through us again because we were all statues that slowly shuffled in reverse towards De Gea.

De Bruyne actually slipped, full on, during a City counter, and managed to get back up, look around him, and find a pass with ease because none of our team were actually pressing their players.

Nothing changed when it was clear we needed to adapt our play, either, other than just becoming a brick wall. City would've scored more if we weren't stacking the back (and because City's chief point man is a bullying useless twat like Jesus), which would be fine if we weren't already down 2-0 at that point. Rather than trying to chase a win it looked like we set up not to get embarrassed like the Liverpool game again.

I'm sorry, but until someone who isn't tactically inept comes in we're going to be fecked. 4 points out of 18 available? fecking hell. That's it.
He fecking set up in the first half like a team defending a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go. The result flattered us. This is horrible!

Superunknown

Not a shock, either the result or performance. Tired, to be honest. It's like sitting through a very boring, badly written, terribly directed, awfully acted film, waiting for it to finish.

I feel like we're all just waiting around for Ole to go and for a real manager to come in and improve us.

Flytan

Can't wait for him to not get fired and to be flamed by "better" fans than me for even suggesting he's completely incompetent.

This isn’t medieval times. It’s not about winning or losing. It’s about enjoying o self on the pitch. End goal counting and this winner and loser nonsense… each team gets 5 points and a hug for participating

sparx99

About the best that could be realistically expected under the current management.

No gameplan beyond parking the bus, and utter hopelessness all over the pitch. Outclassed. We looked like a relegation candidate huffing and puffing against a big team getting a routine win in second gear.
It was worse than that. It was like a conference team playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. We don’t even park the bus well.

Not to mention; if you are going to park the bus maybe play Lingard, Rashford and Greenwood as a counter attack trio and leave Ronaldo on the bench. I don’t think Ronaldo is the problem but at least match you selection to the game plan.

It’s the same old thing of not committing to anything. Half press, half park the bus, I laying with fear.

King_Cantona07

Why was ole song heard during the end of game, should boo and let feelings know. Average manager and coaches.

Redfrog

French pundits calling for Ole to be sacked… they are so sad and embarrassed for us.

Red_Heisenberg

For me that felt worse than the Liverpool game. Just total domination from city whilst in second gear, they could have happily turned up the tempo and put 5 past us like Liverpool did.

Time to go ole.

cedara

feck the f*cking board, feck Ed Woodward, feck Fletcher, feck you Garry fecking Neville, feck the people who has voted for OLS stayed after Liverpool game, and finally feck you our "Legend" Ole Ole Gunnar Solskjær . This is more than enough for us.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Worst I've ever seen from us. Literally. No exaggeration.

Banana Republic

City never had to make an effort or even break into a sweat.
They just walked through this fixture like it was a training game.
Totally in control for almost the entire 90 mins.
Like taking sweets from a little kid.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Signing stuff is the only thing he should be doing from now on. First, let the hero of Nou Camp sign autographs for the fans waiting outside Old Trafford. Last, may he sign his resignation letter.

unclemao

if that wasn't a sign of a team downing tools I don't know what is. Ole has lost the backroom from a string of ineffectual and baffling decisions. It's systemic now, a domino effect of failures. It's going to be a tough road out of hell

JPB

The coaching staff are very good, brilliant. Big games coming up, so no time to sulk, no time to feel sorry for yourself. We have to come together. Time to get over it as quick as we can. Individual mistakes cost us today, a bit unlucky with two goals conceded, game could've gone either way. Lads know they were not good enough and this is not good enough. We are so close and we can't give up now.
Are you joking? I want to say something that will get me banned but I won't.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The second half was worse than the first. Getting outplayed by a more tactically aware side is understandable, as was the case in the first half, but to lack of effort or fighting spirit in the second was just shameful.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't usually post in the football forum but here it is. What the absolute feck was that?

Set up to what look like counter attack and then proceeded to play slow short passes sideways under intense pressing from City in our own box. Fernandes at one point shouting at the defense to stop dropping further back towards goal whenever City had the ball which tells you all you need to know about how we were set up.

The amount of times we played with zero urgency right on the edge of our own box was astounding. Made the players panic and ultimately led to numerous feck ups. City had no problem breaking us down and at one point they could take the ball just outside our box, pass it back to their own half, and still get through us again because we were all statues that slowly shuffled in reverse towards De Gea.

De Bruyne actually slipped, full on, during a City counter, and managed to get back up, look around him, and find a pass with ease because none of our team were actually pressing their players.

Nothing changed when it was clear we needed to adapt our play, either, other than just becoming a brick wall. City would've scored more if we weren't stacking the back (and because City's chief point man is a bullying useless twat like Jesus), which would be fine if we weren't already down 2-0 at that point. Rather than trying to chase a win it looked like we set up not to get embarrassed like the Liverpool game again.

I'm sorry, but until someone who isn't tactically inept comes in we're going to be fecked. 4 points out of 18 available? fecking hell. That's it.
It was soul destroying watching that second half. I mean, the first was abysmal to be fair, but i genuinely think we went out in the second half to defend a 0-2 loss and keep the score down. I genuinely think that was the plan for the second half. The standards are in the toilet, so a 0-2 loss will be looked at as some sort of fecked up "result".

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Our defense won it for City. Two costly mistakes from players who are supposed to be defending. Just pure carelessness mixed with a lack of direction and tactics from Ole. You'd lose games lacking just one but both combined just spells disaster. This is going to be a long painful season.

abailey123

The only way to describe that game is our performance was cowerdly.
No intention to close down their opposition player, 2 goals which are massively avoidable, and nothing in response.
As far as I’m aware there’s only Ronaldos effort which is on target.
What a poor performance, the question I’ve got, where do we go from here? Conte an elite manager was available until last week.
We’ve spent £100+ year after year but are served up with sh*te

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:3 Man City