PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We'd have got a draw today if Ole had set the team out like it was at the end of the game. Right style of play, completely the wrong formation and personnel. And then when he corrected the personnel he goes and sticks Sancho on the left again for 20 mins despite the fact we hadn't managed a cross into the box to Ronaldo all game pretty much. He's hopelessly out of his depth with this mismatched squad.

fps

This squad didn’t need Ronaldo and Sancho, it needed centre mid quality.

Theonas

Scout
What's worse than our inept games against 2 of our rival is that we don't even have pride left, Keane and co might be beaten tactically but no way they'd let them walk us off the park like that, crunchy tackles and extra 110%, we'll definetly fought for every inch of the grass

And he's supposed to be one of our own that ole lad.
And how would that have helped? All it would have done is take focus away from the performance and the media would be talking instead about lack of discipline or some other subplot. In the meanwhile, that might satisfy that instinctive urge to fight and get your own back for what, maybe one afternoon? And then will eventually have to address the cold reality of our continuous and repetitive systemic failure.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I’m not to upset by todays performance. We were playing against what is probably the best team on the planet and we kept it down to 2-0. DeGea immense again and without him, it would have been worse. We have to accept that we are not at the same level as City, Chelsea or Liverpool and a defeat to these teams has to be viewed in that context. Top 6 will do for me this season - we are halfway through a 5 year rebuild.
Keep taking the tablets.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
And how would that have helped? All it would have done is take focus away from the performance and the media would be talking instead about lack of discipline or some other subplot. In the meanwhile, that might satisfy that instinctive urge to fight and get your own back for what, maybe one afternoon? And then will eventually have to address the cold reality of our continuous and repetitive systemic failure.
This one game? it's too late,

but a proper manager with pride would make sure we do that since year 1.

To be honest, our position flatters us, whenever we're on the position to push for first place we bottle it, we perform best when there's nothing at stake.

jimmyb2000

I’m not to upset by todays performance. We were playing against what is probably the best team on the planet and we kept it down to 2-0. DeGea immense again and without him, it would have been worse. We have to accept that we are not at the same level as City, Chelsea or Liverpool and a defeat to these teams has to be viewed in that context. Top 6 will do for me this season - we are halfway through a 5 year rebuild.
Best team on the planet.......got beat 2.0 at home last week by Palace. You're either a WUM or you haven't taken your medication today

Luke1995

The players didn't fight in the second half. They circled and circled the City players, but didn't tackle them...

::sonny::

Telles and De Beek terrible in that few mins

But you can’t blame them, never been involved in 2 yrs you can’t pretend nothing

jimmyb2000

We'd have got a draw today if Ole had set the team out like it was at the end of the game. Right style of play, completely the wrong formation and personnel. And then when he corrected the personnel he goes and sticks Sancho on the left again for 20 mins despite the fact we hadn't managed a cross into the box to Ronaldo all game pretty much. He's hopelessly out of his depth with this mismatched squad.
This is Ole's squad mate.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Everyone keeps banging on about the midfield, but I guarantee a good manager would get that CM functioning enough to allow the quality we have all over the pitch to thrive and flourish. A competent manager will probably get DVB functioning and dispel the notion that we are desperate for CMs.

We had a shite midfield for a while after Scholes and Keane went. We even had to get an ageing Scholes out of retirement against City, yet Fergie still managed to get it functioning.

Laurencio

That could have been 8-0.... De Gea's reactions were terrific most of the game, and their finishing wasn't as on point as it could have been - we're damn lucky that we only lost 2-0, which is absolutely horrific...

Sadly as long as top 4 is viable.
We really need to end the myth perpetuated by Neville that the previous managers were as terrible as Ole. Under LVG we beat Liverpool and City, under Jose he got sacked as soon as he had a dip. But for the most parts we were never easily beaten by rivals.

Giggsy13

When it comes down to it, I hate the Glazers and Woodward for making me hate a United legend. He should never have been offered a permanent role. I don’t blame him for taking it, I would, but it doesn’t excuse the glazers for their ongoing ineptitude.

This one game? it's too late,

but a proper manager with pride would make sure we do that since year 1.

To be honest, our position flatters us, whenever we're on the position to push for first place we bottle it, we perform best when there's nothing at stake.
That’s what the Ole and board are relying on. We get past the Chelsea match wherever we maybe in the league, then as fixtures ease up we win more than we lose and rise up the table. The narrative changes to ole has turned it around, the gullible believe it.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Wow, we're so close! Just a few more signings and we'll be the bestest team ever. I'm so happy Ole is at the wheel. This match had it all. Passes. Goals. Fouls. Even corners. What a match.

Giggsy13

Wow, we're so close! Just a few more signings and we'll be the bestest team ever. I'm so happy Ole is at the wheel. This match had it all. Passes. Goals. Fouls. Even corners. What a match.
There are still a few who actually believe that, but they’re in hiding right now.

justsomebloke

What, is there some arrangement in the Ole Out club to engage in this sort of wankerism? It's all over the board tonight.

Keep your knickers on mate, we all have eyes in our head and there's no need for this rubbish.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
When it comes down to it, I hate the Glazers and Woodward for making me hate a United legend. He should never have been offered a permanent role. I don’t blame him for taking it, I would, but it doesn’t excuse the glazers for their ongoing ineptitude.
I would never hate Ole. The guy is a legend for us. He's just out of his depth here. That's it. He's competing against, arguably, the best managers/coaches in world football and we're starting to see his weaknesses.

Ixion

Listening to Pep after the game everything went exactly how he expected, he knew the system we'd play and how to exploit it.

Then you listen to Ole who always likes to say "you can talk about your systems but its about desire".

justsomebloke

I would never hate Ole. The guy is a legend for us. He's just out of his depth here. That's it. He's competing against, arguably, the best managers/coaches in world football and we're starting to see his weaknesses.
In a nutshell.

Stadjer

Man City cant fill their own stadium for matches but a lot of people showed up for their public training session at Old Trafford...

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
We barely tried.
No. We tried really hard. Trying is not the problem, poster. Structure is the problem. Gameplan is the problem. Coaching is the problem. Tactics/Strategy everyone knowing their jobs is the problem. Ole (and his shambles of a staff) is the problem.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
impressive you’ve managed to remain hidden for this long!

pascell

The only players who showed willingness today were de Gea & Ronaldo. We all know the manager isn't good enough but when do we start questioning the attitudes and application of the players also? Two massive and meaningful games and we got played off our own pitch by both opposition teams, with our lot looking defeated at kick off.

The attitudes today apart from the two mentioned were disgraceful, absolutely no fight and this isn't about fighting for the manager, this is fighting for themselves and their pride. The same players that have bottled every semi final and final we've played in, now can't even show fight in a Derby.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is it for me, totally agree. I think it’s immature that some United fans have resorted to name calling of someone who did so much for United

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
One thing that annoys me. When we’re behind and it’s last 10 mins why don’t we send Maguire up to make a nuisance of himself? Fergie used to do it with Pally, Bruce, Vidic etc. Instead we’re subjected to time ticking down, zero urgency whilst our two CBs play sideways passing between each other. Drives me insane. I’d love to shake the pair of them

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Listening to Pep after the game everything went exactly how he expected, he knew the system we'd play and how to exploit it.

Then you listen to Ole who always likes to say "you can talk about your systems but its about desire".
this 100%

that’s the difference between a proper coach and somebody who knows thinks football is won with fighting spirit. the stupid thing is we don’t even excel in desire and fight like he wants?!

he’s just clueless. he doesn’t even know what he wants either, no wonder the team are so confused.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Completely agree.

steffyr2

The only players who showed willingness today were de Gea & Ronaldo. We all know the manager isn't good enough but when do we start questioning the attitudes and application of the players also? Two massive and meaningful games and we got played off our own pitch by both opposition teams, with our lot looking defeated at kick off.

The attitudes today apart from the two mentioned were disgraceful, absolutely no fight and this isn't about fighting for the manager, this is fighting for themselves and their pride. The same players that have bottled every semi final and final we've played in, now can't even show fight in a Derby.
I said somewhere (maybe in here) that this was going to ruin the academy players, the ones that are Utd's future supposedly. Ronaldo and DDG (and a few others) already know how the game is played and can play to a reasonable level without coaching. The new players cannot do that and it shows.

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
Best team on the planet.......got beat 2.0 at home last week by Palace. You're either a WUM or you haven't taken your medication today
I think you’ll find that they are generally considered that. It’s a toss up between them, PSG and Bayern. On their day, they are outstanding - it’s what we need to aim to be. Stability and hard work are the answer.

frookydinho

We played like a Championship team who've been drawn against a Premier League team in the FA Cup. Honestly, how the board can think this is going to get any better is beyond me. Literally, look at Chelseas transformation by getting rid of a manager who hasn't a clue and putting in someone who knows what he's doing. Watching games is a chore at the moment, it's hard to have any passion when the team is constantly performing like they have been.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:3 Man City
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Man City