EL L Europa League Round of 32 1st Leg

Midtjylland 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 18 February 2016

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Suppose theres hope it might just be the final nail in his coffin and an announcment could be forthcoming?!

Revan

Assumptionman
Van Gaal is far worse than Moyes.

A lot of our players are shit.

Pereira and Januzaj (assuming that his first season wasn't a fluke) are the only players from academy (promoted to the first team) who should wear the shirt. Hope that Mourinho sticks to his no playtime for shit youngsters style. And hope that he gets rid of a lot of our players.

Hope that Glazers get rid of Ed Woodward for sticking with this idiot and making this the worst season since 1974.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I want to cry honestly. Where's the fight and the pride from my team? I like LVG as a person, but he really needs to resign - Giggs too - between them both they can't seem to inspire an ant. No fecking energy, no desire, nothing.... can't quite believe how far we've fallen.

Give it to Warren Joyce for the rest of the season and hire Mourinho for the summer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Voted 5:0 Midtjyland and was probably closer than many on here.

Not even a draw but let's hear another mantra that we're not heading for Liverpool's level.

Devil may care

I wasn't expecting much given the injuries, but they are no excuse for that lifeless, heartless shambles of a performance. Mata, Carrick and Smalliing needed to step up as the senior players and they quite simply didn't, no leadership, no drive and no belief.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I honestly think the Shrewsbury match is fifty-fifty. That's how bad we are right now and it showed tonight.

If half the squad were sold in the summer I wouldn't miss them.
Half the squad!!!

Apart from de gea and martial the rest can Feck off for all I care Nine are good enough

Heinzesight

Expected it. Embarrassed and had our pants pulled down by a shit team. The weak as piss mentality continues and Mata's 'challenge' for their winner epitomises this.

It can't get any worse than this, surely. How is this utter bell end still managing us? It's clear the players haven't a clue what their roles are.

Something I've noticed the last few games is our bench complaining about added time after the final whistle...that is why you need someone on the touchline pressurising officials.

A dark day today...and we all expected it. What a shambles we are.

Godfather

LVG needs to be kicked out. No doubt about it.

BUT it has to be said, half of the players out there today have no right to ever play for us again. McNair, Love, Blind, Herrera, Mata, Lingard are all not good enough to start games for us. I still have hope in Memphis. Showed some glimpses today.
Carrick needs to retire. Fellaini needs to be sold. We have so much shit in our squad it hurts my eyes.

devil in me

Not sure what's worse. I'm not surprised or lvg will still be here for a long time yet? This is becoming a circus.

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Getting to the point now where if LvG isnt gone before the next game, im thinking he'll even survive the summer, get to see out his contract and see us Relegated.

I honestly just dont know what LvG would have to do at this point to get sacked. He could quite possible take a week off, miss the Arsenal game, find Malcolm Glazer's grave, piss all over it and still keep his job when he got back to Old Trafford.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Even if we manage to turn this around next Thursday, it's the same abject performance every week.

And even if Jose is signed up for the summer, LVG and Giggs should be shown the door and an interim manager appointed.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Harsh on Smalling and Pereira. Memphis also had moments that were good.
Maybe slightly harsh... but I cannot in good faith say Smalling was anything other then shit considering our defence - that he leads - was in complete disarray all night.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Its time we considered buying Leicester in the summer and making them the A team.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Not so good from the self-proclaimed EuroLeague favourites. :(

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just sack everyone.
This too - not one of the manager, coaches, players should be picking up their pay cheques for at least another month. Can't be supplying mediocrity and expecting to pick up mega bucks - disgusting

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Disgraceful really. 3/4 of the players out there are average or below though and we have a fraud as manager so I don't know why we are surprised.
If the board had any sense and actually brought Jose in, we might see if he can lift their confidence. It will not get better leaving the decision until the end of the season. The manager and all his coaching staff are clueless.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Van Gaal is far worse than Moyes.

A lot of our players are shit.

Pereira and Januzaj (assuming that his first season wasn't a fluke) are the only players from academy (promoted to the first team) who should wear the shirt. Hope that Mourinho sticks to his no playtime for shit youngsters style. And hope that he gets rid of a lot of our players.

Hope that Glazers get rid of Ed Woodward for sticking with this idiot and making this the worst season since 1974.
Holy christ. You know things are bad when even you think he is worse than Moyes! ;)

He totally is, by the way.

eggwithsideburns

I'm angry and confused, its embarrassing to be a united fan at the moment :s that gif of the man jumping out of the office window. Seriously though we are crap.

They made us look like a part time team at times and they must have been one of the weakest teams left in the competition. How has it got this bad? We took the lead but turned to shit. You can only laugh, at least we know were shit now so its kind of liberating.

rpitchfo

Is it too strong to say I hate the guy? No where near good enough. It's criminal what we've had to watch this season.

Manchester United should have some of the best young players in the world....not the current crop of soon-to-be championship players we seem to have.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I keep saying it after every game. Worst performance of the season. Every time we do worse than the previous worst game of the season.

Hideous performance. Gutless. No clue. No plan. Outclassed by one of the easiest teams left in the competition. We got one of the best ties, and got arseholed. They could have had a good few more goals. We didn't look close to scoring another.

Shite.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Football's Funniest Moments is starting on Sky1 right now. I imagine in the next iteration moments 1-20 will be replaced in their entirety by an extended highlights package of this game.

NK86

Just accept that this is like a political system except that you don't have the option to redeem it after 5 years at max. Woody and co are like the political parties who don't give a feck about what happens to the country and its people.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Felt embarrassed.
We are so weak, is this why our players are always injured? Physically all our strength seems to have been sapped from the bodies of the players.

Romero & Memphis only players with positives
Herrera & Carrick awful
Martial tried but now seems to look for free kicks and falling over
Love was poor but at least had energy
McNair is pointless, don't remember one tackle
Lingard annoys me more than anyone, my nickname for him is the fly, gets swatted every time he gets challenged, never runs past players and shooting is poor

Please go away Mr Van Gaal

diarm

Wait a second... that hair loss ad on BT Sport just now wasn't a piss take?

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 503 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Midtjylland win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Midtjylland 0:2 Man Utd
  • 11% Midtjylland 1:1 Man Utd