CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ha, yep!
Just watched linekars tweet of the five minutes of pen drama at the end.

Amazing scenes

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They lost because they only scored one goal and we scored three, think that is how football works.
Bingo. Got it in one.
People try to overcomplicate football but as you say it is beautifully simple.
Create chances and take your chances.

Snafu17

There you go. Finally. At least someone captured Rasford's celebration.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Would you look at that. A team like ours, with no football heritage.. Comes from behind to eliminate PSG...

Simply stunning

Dash247

I am still buzzing about the victory yesterday.

I love that we made it through. Had someone told me to take a 1-0 or a 2-1 victory away at PSG with current squad, i would've gladly taken it and be out of Champions League respectfully.
Our squad and Ole showed so much positivity and belief and did the unthinkable.

Opening goal was nice with a PSG mistake, but the way they were playing in the opening 20 or 30 minutes or until our second goal, i thought they will end up scoring 3-4 goals with an ease.

Lukcily, we nicked another one before half time... and that 93rd minute penalty was an icing on the cake.
Was it really a penalty? VAR said it was and either way i don't care if it was or wasn't. What matters is that we got the opportunity and we took it.

Ole just brings in so much positivity to our Team and it seems like all the players love him.
The only players not to improve massively or are under performing under him are Sanchez and Bailly. I hope they come out good eventually.

Reactions: SteveJ

Dve

With 5 minutes left, I just knew United would win. I didn´t even care much if it was a penalty or not, cause I was fully convinced United would score on the corner instead.

That said, Marcus running up the ball, then the 9 minutes of added time.. not sure I´ve ever felt more tense.

Jericholyte2

As soon as Bernat hit the post I knew we’d find a way to win it.

Love this video...

ROFLUTION

Fred :lol: First jumps on the banner like a lion. Then jumps down. Then all of a sudden he's doing it again in another place :lol: Love the passion

freddie the red

Well, here we are after the dust has settled, exactly 24 hours after that incredible result in Paris and what can we say about Ole?
The transformation in less than 3 months has been nothing short of astonishing and, even if form dipped over the next 10 weeks, the owners would look stupid if they gave the manager's job to somebody else.
Everything, not just results but everything, has been turned around 180°.
At the very heart of it is the fact that Ole gets us because Ole is one of us.
A club legend through his playing exploits including "that" goal, a proper fan of the club and now the manager who has brought us back into the light when there was only darkness.
Ole is truly at the wheel!

Fitchett

They were forced errors. When you work as hard as Rashford does, you will get a certain amount of “lucky” goals, but he earns them.
Golfer Jack Nicklaus had a famous quote of "the more I practice, the luckier I get".

GJNJ

This was the first I saw of Chong by the way. As a countryman, I really hope he'll be special, but my God, that was one of the worst sub performances I've ever witnessed. I think he lost the ball every time he got it.
You obviously didn't see Ali Dia's debut sub appearance for Southampton.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I am still buzzing about the victory yesterday.

I love that we made it through. Had someone told me to take a 1-0 or a 2-1 victory away at PSG with current squad, i would've gladly taken it and be out of Champions League respectfully.
Our squad and Ole showed so much positivity and belief and did the unthinkable.

Opening goal was nice with a PSG mistake, but the way they were playing in the opening 20 or 30 minutes or until our second goal, i thought they will end up scoring 3-4 goals with an ease.

Lukcily, we nicked another one before half time... and that 93rd minute penalty was an icing on the cake.
Was it really a penalty? VAR said it was and either way i don't care if it was or wasn't. What matters is that we got the opportunity and we took it.

Ole just brings in so much positivity to our Team and it seems like all the players love him.
The only players not to improve massively or are under performing under him are Sanchez and Bailly. I hope they come out good eventually.
My thoughts exactly. At one point i though we would leave with a bag of goals. But Oles changes where on point and we took our chances!

Loublaze

ATLien
With 5 minutes left, I just knew United would win. I didn´t even care much if it was a penalty or not, cause I was fully convinced United would score on the corner instead.

That said, Marcus running up the ball, then the 9 minutes of added time.. not sure I´ve ever felt more tense.
I knew we'd win too! I wasn't even worried, it just seemed like everything was being lined up for us to achieve glory. I haven't felt this way since the Fergie days.

Cantonagotmehere

Chill. He's a young man who came on right towards the end of an incredibly important game in the dying moments, with immense pressure. He was nervy - who can blame him? The rest of us were nervous sat on our sofas!
Agreed. It was also great to see Shaw, calling to him, telling him to just kick down the pitch next time.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This was the first I saw of Chong by the way. As a countryman, I really hope he'll be special, but my God, that was one of the worst sub performances I've ever witnessed. I think he lost the ball every time he got it.
I thought the same initially @KirkDuyt , but having watched the match three times now it turns out Chong had about one bad minute around the 96th. The rest of the time he was ok.

Todd

My goodness, I was traveling on match day and wasn't able to watch, and when I saw the score my face lit up. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Shame on me for not believing that this could happen. I can't wait to see what happens in the next round!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Paddy Power had this photo up last night and one of the comments was something like:

'That feeling when she says she just wants to be siblings'
fecking hell that's brilliant. :lol:

Kopral Jono

Believe it or not I'm still buzzing. I really don't want this feeling to end!

Redlyn

We had an element of luck but frankly we made it by applying the right tactics given all the circumstances and giving ourselves the best chance to get the result.
Its not like we sat in our own half and with no pressure Paris kicked 3 into their own net.
- We pressed them early with Rashford and Lukaku closing down in tandem and they immediately choked. Strategy.
- We had a decent strike and their keeper was not able to deal with it, Lukaku with the the presence of mind to follow up. He anticipated this. This situation was created by us and capitalized by us.
- The penalty was the luckiest situation of them all but as they say Karma is a bitch. We had to attack to get this slice of luck.
- For all their possession and supposed control we were tight at the back and reduced them to only 4 strikes on target, same number as us. The defence did their job. In fact everyone did their job while PSG was rattled, panicked and disjointed at the end.

It was a masterclass on how to get a result against all odds. Its always funny when a team who out-possesses, out-fannies another team thinks this means they are entitled to win. Ultimately the only thing that matters is the goals and we got 3.

Danillaco

This video is awesome, it was a brazilian guy that was covering the game for the first time. Lucky bastard.

red_john

One of the best feelings I've had watching United for very long time. It just felt like a very special moment in our history.

IronTulip

Still buzzing!

Had my lucky boxers on. Had been singing Ole's at the wheel in my head on repeat. Went for a smoke, missed the kick off. Came in and saw 0-1.

Fast forward 85 mins, went out for another smoke, still singing Ole's at the wheel and thinking Lukaku would win us a pen. Come back in and see we've been awarded a pen! Fecking hell....

No nerves from me all game, even with Rashford waiting to take the pen. Just a huge feeling of pride for the lads.

Watched the social media celebration videos with tears.

Big thank you to Ole, the staff and the players. You've given me my club back and so many happy memories in the past 3 months. Apologies for ever doubting you Ole <3

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I'm shaking. I couldn't watch the final few minutes. What an unbelievable night! I wrote us off tonight but for the hell of it I put a few quid on us winning 3-1 at 45-1. Get in lads!

Ed - you know what you need to do.
Congrats mate! That's some faith you have there. Even for a seasoned gambler like me who always bet on United even in the most pessimistic times, I never thought we had a chance to get through.

peridigm

Still buzzing!

Had my lucky boxers on. Had been singing Ole's at the wheel in my head on repeat. Went for a smoke, missed the kick off. Came in and saw 0-1.

Fast forward 85 mins, went out for another smoke, still singing Ole's at the wheel and thinking Lukaku would win us a pen. Come back in and see we've been awarded a pen! Fecking hell....

No nerves from me all game, even with Rashford waiting to take the pen. Just a huge feeling of pride for the lads.

Watched the social media celebration videos with tears.

Big thank you to Ole, the staff and the players. You've given me my club back and so many happy memories in the past 3 months. Apologies for ever doubting you Ole <3
Why the feck would you go for a smoke with 5' left in a game we're on the verge of going out unless we score? Meh, I never smoked so I can't relate.

lonelyred

Highlights edited from the footage from the stands, with celebrations from a few angles I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd