EL W Europa League Group L

Partizan 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 October 2019

Edy2

Absolutely dreadful stuff. Although it's a win I can't see how it's going to boost confidence.

PoTMS

Forget the win - this competition doesn't matter. What an incredible shitefest. Increasingly worrying how shit we are and there's no improvement in sight.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We will do well to get 50pts with Ole in charge. He's being shown up for what he is. A total novice.

wolvored

Another sub par performance. We cant attack fluently at all. Only positive for me was Williams. He is becoming some player and must be given game time instead of Young. WTF was Mata and Lingard doing on the pitch. Mata swung 2 free kicks in and was more interested in slowing down our slow attack and passing it backwards. Lingard runs around like an headless chicken. Rashford his usual greedy self, and even James is getting worse.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's hard to believe how shit and pathetic we are. Our mentality coming out to the second half with a lead is always horrendous. It could well have been 1-1 today again.

On the bright side: 3 points, clean sheet, tricky away fixture done, few players brought back and no further injuries. On to Norwich.
Norwich will probably beat us. They always create and we can’t even put shite defences under pressure.

IrishMcD

No shot on target from open play, puke. We are dire, impossible to watch a full game without pausing th sky box and fast forwards every 5mins.

MrBest

We won away for the first time since feb. In reality it was a pathetic performance, rubbish tactics, crap players.

Gordon S

Nice with an away win! Feels weird.
As dire as we are at the moment, there are stuff to cheer and get excited about.

Williams actually looks very promising.
Rashford and James showed bits and pieces of what they can do.
Garner wasn't great but we saw some good stuff from him.
We have Greenwood, Chong, Gomes waiting for more chances as well.

Ludens the Red

Good result, performance as expected, back to the norm. We are an absolutely horrible, horrible team to watch. I genuinely pity the United fans paying money to watch this current team.
What a feeling what a night. Enjoy guys, we will have to wait quite some time for the next one.
:lol:

Toni's Left Foot

Coaching staff needs to be overhauled.

For example, I only noticed one exchange of passes between our central midfield pairing (McTominay/Garner) the whole game. That's not normal.

UnitedChampionsAgain

3 points, awful performance. That lot could actually beat us at old Trafford. Nothing from Rashford and James when they came on and Maguire struggling against absolute fodder. We're as bad as ever!

Danillaco

Why did watching United games became a chore? Two hours that I used to anticipate, now just seems like dragging on and on.

minoo-utd

This is the worst version we could ever see from our club. Ole is fecking clueless all around, this guy is not eligible to coach on a high level. Absolutely rubbish at every aspect.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Very good performance, with a weakened team. If there is any future, it will resemble something like this. Great combo of the young lads and old, Mata and Jones did well. Great work by Romero, Wan Bissaka gave us one of the moments of the match with that tackle. Top result. The voters in the caf and the general thread, ffs!

Valuedrug

Holding on for dear life against the third best team in Serbia. Just the standard now I suppose.

Was excited to see Garner play, but he looked a bit lost out there. Even if it's early days for him, I was hoping he was a bit further in his development than what I saw tonight.

Scotty McT

The big, big positive from that match is that it's still only 19:50.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Genuinely forgot I'd muted the game at half time and came back in to see the clock on 76mins.

1-0, take the win, no injuries (Presumably), forget about it. Away win hoodoo broken! Can we do a second on Sunday?

Mike Smalling

Norwich will probably beat us. They always create and we can’t even put shite defences under pressure.
I might bet on that actually. Except for the opening game against Chelsea we have still not managed to score more than 1 goal in a game - and let's face it, it was closer to 0 goals than 2 tonight. It is a ridiculous statistic to be honest.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
How in the name of all that's holy did Mata feck that chance up at the end?
Definitely should have done better, but my question is why wasn't either Lingard or Rashford there to tap it in? James gets to the byline so our forwards should be busting a gut to get far post. Instead everyone is hanging out around the top of the 18. No strikers instinct in any of them...

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Partizan win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Partizan 0:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Partizan 0:1 Man Utd