CL L Champions League Group H

RB Leipzig 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 December 2020

Stactix

Ole needs to go I think.
Just going no where currently.
Ref was awful, didn't think it was a pen but couple of there players just tactically fouled all day with no consequence..
Timewasting yet blew at 4minutes.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Missed a proper striker playing
This. Rashford and Greenwood had clear chances any no 9 worth his salt would have finished and that Orban must have been laughing his arse off playing against no one.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Once again individual brilliance made the result look tighter than it should be. Ole feck it up big time, we can only go so far with this coach.
Wasn't even individual brilliance. It was the ref giving us a soft pen and allowing Pogbas goal after it hit Maquires hand

redom

Gutted, probably didn't deserve to go through after the awful first half and gifting them the third but it really felt like we could've got something at the end and to see us go out after the position we put ourselves in is horrendous. Only got ourselves to blame though, we knew what we needed going into the final two games and to be unable to grind out a point from either is really poor.

GledTheRed

Ole coming across as bullish in the pre match conference just looks foolish now. He stated a crunch match with 5 at the back and 2 CDMs.

Just one of the poor decisions he's made during this CL campaign.
OGS could not set up to get 0-0 against our U18's.

Guys inept.

slored1

Why on earth did we throw fecking TFM and Tuanzebe in? Absolutely bizzare, at least use Ighalo or someone like that.

youngrell

Absolutely gutted.

Leipzig are such a nothing team, but you just can’t give away goals like we do at the moment and keep getting away with it.

Anustart89

Feck right off.. Starting tactics were cowardly, in game subs were shocking.. How do you start a game with Telles and Shaw on the pitch, go down 2-0 within 20min so you have to go forward and then have the idea to end the game with Williams as LB?
That was fecking weird. If Shaw only had 60 minutes in him, why would he not take Shaw out at half-time if he wanted to switch to a back four?

I have a real hate for Maguire and it isn't healthy.

He isn't a leader
He isn't a top defender
He has no pace
He can't defend low crosses
He seemingly doesn't have the respect of his teammates
He bribes police
He isn't aloud to be dropped

Bruno is the captain in all but name.

Ole out.
And we wasted £85 million on him. Biggest robbery in history; the guy is horseshit.

monosierra

Such a disappointment after a fine start to the European campaign! This is going to hurt our finances and recruitment surely.

buckooo1978

embarrassing defending

tactically outclassed

changes too late

fecking practise set pieces!?!

After 2 years of Ole we arent seeing enough consistency

I'm off to bed and I fully expect to wake in a shitty mood

predator

Youth NITK
What a shit night.

I've seen enough of ole now anyway. Get someone in who can at least use his tactics to make up for lack of man management and inspiring team talks.

How can we start a game we need to at least draw with such a blasé attitude in defence. Its absolutely disgraceful.

bsCallout

Bad idea to set-up defensively.

We could have easily outscored them. They were also awful at the back.

We have no leadership in that back line. Lindelof and AWB not helping each other on the first goal, and Shaw leaving the defence leaving Telles exposed on the second.

The third isn't even worth mentioning. De Gea & Maguire both showing they can't lead this team to anything. Can't trust two of the most experienced players at a moment like that.

You could see the disgust and frustration from Bruno, not helped by their back line at all.

Matic was completely anonymous in the first half too.

Baneofthegame

Just feel it’s our team personified really, inconsistent.

Can’t play more than a half of decent football, the game we threw away in Turkey cost us dearly.

acnumber9

AWB. Being utterly gormless gave them a 2 goal head start.
It didn’t. But even if it did, it was our team selection that put him as a wing back when he know he can’t do it. Our full backs always tuck in to the centre. It’s fecking moronic.

wolvored

I honestly would have preferred it to stay 3-0 to this. fecking hell, this is beyond frustrating.
Perhaps a bollocking 4/5-0 would have made the Glazers pull the trigger. As it is we lost by 1 goal and they will have all the ecuses not to again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always feared the worst with Martial and Cavani out. As there was then no attacking bench option.

Need to follow this up with a good result against City now.

Only small positive is we were never winning this cup but wouldn't have been able to rest anyone.
In the Europa we'll be able to.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don’t know what to say, we were probably never getting out of this group but somehow, we manage to survive until the last game. Our players are just inconsistent. All of a sudden, we have a bunch of selfish strikers and we have a back 4 who doesn't know how to defend. Should Ed spend money to address these issues? I think the issues lies with Ole. Good try in the champion league. I probably will say good try for the Premier league. I expect us to fall short again and might finish out of top 4. I would gladly say Bye Ole.

Obiorahking_

I'm so annoyed right now.

Wan Bissaka time and time again making the same mistake. It took him two goals and about 2 chances before he started getting tight to his man.

That third goal was so unnecessary to concede. I mock Ligue 1 teams for goals like that that can easily be avoided.

Most importantly, I'm so dissapointed in Ole. I thought Mark Goldbridge was full of shit when he said Ole was going to go defensive and he actually did! We actually looked worse on a regular day and invited unnecessary pressure. We are a far better team than RB and we proved it in the last leg but we even Ole dosen't believe in the team to get us goals.

Irwin99

Scoreline was ridiculously flattering thanks to a dive by Greenwood for the penalty and a good corner. Outplayed in the first half, had nothing until the penalty.

In fairness a very tough group but the Istanbul match was the killer.

Walters_19_MuFc

Sooner or later, going down was going to punish us and tonight was the night.

We cant keep doing it, especially against top opposition.

We did well to come back but it werent enough.

Lets try and win the Europa.

Quinze

We weren't that poor. Shaky defensively in the opening half hour, but we had a lot chances. A shame our strikers didn't take them.

TheRedHearted

We were set up to lose because we set up to draw.

A mistake by maguire seems decisive in a way.
Pogba was helpful.
De Gea has to learn that slamming the ball 80 yards does us nothing when down. That was really quite shocking

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% RB Leipzig 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% RB Leipzig 1:1 Man Utd