PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Sheffield United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 January 2021

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 0:1 Sheffield United - Bryan (23')

Man Utd 1:1 Sheffield United - Maguire (64')

Man Utd 1:2 Sheffield United - Burke (74')

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Martial and DDG need to be dropped asap. DDG should have cleared the ball onto the halfway line or the stands instead of pussyfooting it to just outside the fecking box and that too to a sheffield player.

Disgraceful performance from martial, slowing the entire attack and passing sideways and giving no options for bruno and rashford to pass into the box.

The ref deserves a mention to for disallowing our goal, but even if that didn't happen we'd still drop points.

Deserved to drop points on merits, even if we fluked a title win..some of our players aren't worthy of putting on that medal around there necks.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Martial needs to go, absolutely toothless.

He stands there, expects the ball to feet then loses it.

Passing has been awful, never runs in behind... he is a complete passenger.

This season was never going to be a title run, but again it shows the fact United need a CB, a winger and a CDM.

Matic was pedestrian today in his passing, three or four touches before passing.

Really terrible performance, I'll take top 4 this season.

Heinzesight

Disgusted. Enjoy your title City.

Ponderous. Lack of invention. Slow. No urgency. Devoid of any creativity. As bad as you’ll see at OT.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Utterly infuriating, but truth be told we haven’t put in the performances of a title challenging side or even looked like one all season. Can’t keep coming from behind in the way we have been. It’s unsustainable to do it as often we have needed to do so far.

These lads need a bit of a wake up call to realise that they still have a real fight on to finish above each of Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and Arsenal. Arteta will fancy continuing their great run in general and beating us again.

Embarrassing result all the same for all United supporters. We should rightly get stick for losing at home to a side in Sheff Utd’s position.

Counterfactual

We took the win for granted and got a slap in the face we richly deserved.

You can't underestimate anyone in this league. So much for that unbeaten run.

No-one to blame but ourselves. Sheffield United didn't do much.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Sorry boys and girls I watched this one, what a mare. I'll go back to not watching again.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Martial needs to be sold. Tuanzebe isn't quite ready to make the cut.

De Gea's days should be over with this game. Henderson should be starting game in game out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
DDG isn't good enough. Anyone who disagreed with me two years ago, still disagreeing?

abailey123

Absolutely drab. City walk away with it from here. Hope we dust ourselves down and quickly!

Wheato

Our luck ran out tonight. Nobody really put in a shift. Martial is totally useless, standing about not even trying to find space. DDG had a mare too. Some of the worst defending I have ever seen. Ole gambled with the selection and lost. Should have started with his best 11 and when our tails were up, then you rotate the players and give the others a run out.

We probably all thought that nights like this were in the past, but you cannot take anything for granted at this level and we were taught a lesson tonight. Never under estimate your opponents. Always give your best.

Last edited:

Delano

Angriest I've been all season. Atrocious from back to front, start to finish.

No Spring Chicken

Abject performance and one that shows the title was always a pipe dream. Forget about the irritating decisions with fouls on keepers in the first half, this was deserved.

Overall the play was lazy and sloppy. Individually almost no one stood up. We started slowly and once Sheffield got their goal, we showed nothing. The second goal was one of the most calamitous I can remember us conceding offhand.

Martial is playing some of his worst football right now. Rashford looked like his mind was elsewhere, never involved and everything he did looked half arsed. Quite why Cavani didn’t start I don’t know. Pogba kind of did his best and Maguire and Bruno sort of did ok. De Gea had a total mare.

Embarrassing result really. We’re clearly not ready for a title tilt. We absolutely must win this weekend or top four becomes dodgy too. Depressing.

Reactions: Sultan

Nick7

Deserved result. We’ve been shit for a long time but scraping wins. Today our luck ran out.

el3mel

That was so fecking shambolic oh my God.

Can't believe we lost 1st spot against such team on our home with such goals.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Worst defence in the top 10. Been scraping results. We’re miles off. So many jokers masquerading as top players.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 368 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 3:0 Sheffield Utd
  • 23% Man Utd 2:0 Sheffield Utd