PL D FA Premier League

Southampton 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 01 December 2018

AngliaRed

I hate this Manchester United team.

Worst performance I’ve seen from them.

The manager always takes the blame, and he does attract criticism with his management style and his tactics and rightfully so, HOWEVER... that bunch of players out on the pitch should be fecking fined for their performances these past few weeks. Embarrassing, gutless and clueless!

buckooo1978

feck off Mourinho

shite tactics and lineup

shite in game management

we barely created anything in the second half and we still finished the game with Herrera, Fellaini, Matic and McTominay on the pitch

disgusting

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Why the hell didn't we continue where we left off in the first half? Why go back into our shells?
Was the half time talk that depressing?

Kostov

Garbage. They can all feck off and leave. Mourinho, Pogba everyone bar DDG can leave and I’d fecking celebrate. feck them, average shower of shit.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Jesus christ first the unforgiving draw and shit performance against palace at home and now this. -1 goal difference with 14 games played.. I'm afraid I have to speak the truth and say that under current ownership this club is dead.
...but under the current ownership, United won five Premier Leagues and a Champions League (as well as a couple of league cups, and UCL runners up twice)

surely the current management is to blame, the Glazers aren't making tactical decisions. They didn't tell the players to turn up and have 1 shot on target in the second half.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Fraud got the point he wanted.

Didn't bother watching the second. I knew we'd only start playing again if we fell behind.

Romez

You know what’s crazy? There are people out there that just watched that shite, still support Mourinho and still think he’s doing a good job

kundalini

Pogba was a disgrace. Fellaini largely absent. Rashford a disaster in our half but a real threat in the Southampton half. Wing-backs didn't offer enough going forwards.

Herrera played well. Jones, Matic and McTominay did ok in defence.

No idea why we failed to attack in the 2nd half.

Velvet Revolver

At what point do you think prospective managers would look at this and say, 'no thanks'?

The players remind me of the mighty ducks, except they're not mighty, not ducks, and have no will to win. They're slow, they can't jump, they can't pass, they can't score, no style, no finesse, no drive, no teamwork.

How can it be that no one walks up to AY as he tees up for his 15th bad free kick and says, 'get away from that ball, I'll take it'. Do they just not care? Are they all worse at free kicks than that?
I was thinking the exact same thing! it's the 86th min of the game and we are passing it around like we are cruising to a victory! this team is in shambles

Charles Miller

I dont know what he uses to say to players when the team is losing but he should try the same thing when its 0 - 0.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We only score goals and go for a win, when we are behind.
Unless we are behind, we are basically, useless.
Had we gone in half time behind, I think we may have won, but because we were drawing, our team thought, "feck it, a draw will do".

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One of the worst United performances I have watched. It’s up there with Bournemouth away under LVG and Huddersfield away under Mou.

Southampton are fecking dreadful and were bang average today, not even offering an intimidating atmosphere or physicality. We’re played with no stomach and no hunger. I’ve lost all faith in Mou, but the players disgusted me today. They only showed fight when forced to behind and couldn’t muster anything when the game was level. The standards and levels of desire at this club are an embarrassment.

Anyone who comes out after the game and acts as if they played in a manner that merited a win is liar. The players can’t pretend they tried out there. That second half was played like a testimonial from our side.

Who’s looking forward to two trips to Old Trafford next week?

redshaw

Should've started with Rojo and Jones with Dalot and Shaw.

Second half just had no urgency which is very strange considering the comeback we made in the first half and how much we attacked. I wonder if Jose tried to bollock the team at halftime and it's backfired?

Anyway, his time is up now surely shirley?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Average players, with zero urgency in the second half.
Average player, who happen to be very tall seem to be useless on the ball.
Pogba, btw, was terrible. He seemed to be attempting to provide assists....for Southampton players.

Borden

Can't wait for the obligatory interview with a first teamer talking about how disappointed they all are and that they need to start winning games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
16 points off the top with 14 games gone. Not good enough.

Suv666

No chance. The board don't have what it takes to make a bold decision.
Naa mate those fecking greedy cnuts are saving cash. Woodward and the Glazers would whore out their own mothers for cash. This is probably the most angry I've been since Fergie left. I reckon its time the fans accept that this isnt a blip in the radar, this is the norm now. Mourinho, Pogba, Lukaku all can get fecked.

El Zoido

We’re abolutely awful. A nothing side.

Don’t really know what to say anymore, just someone please make the pain end.

skeelz

I've always been torn between if it's the players that are bad or the coach is past it.

Well, the answer is both. We need a new manager to add creativity to how we play and get out lots of dross that makes more than half of the team.

steakpie

Predictably boring.
No sign of improvement.
Mourinho is an impersonator wearing a mask. This manager could never have won CL or League titles.

Godfather

Can't believe he actually subbed Rashford when we still had McTominay doing feck all at the back.

minoo-utd

That fecker Ed will be deluded if he still think Jose can get top four. Then IDK what is he waiting for to sack him? Even games against teams like these he can not attack or even pick up the right squad.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Southampton 9 points, 12 goals so far this season

1 point against United, 2 goals against United

Southampton in the bottom 3

1 month ago

Manchester City 6 -1 Southampton

Let that sink in

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player