PL W FA Premier League

Southampton 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 29 November 2020

gajender

We were better team by quite a margin and it showed in the end . Great 3 points hopefully this would really kick start our season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Superb comeback.
Didn't ever deserve to be 2-0 down but a lot of teams would have then withered to a standard defeat.

Glad Cavani rammed the words down some Scourse douche I know :)

He needs to start more.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Well deserved win. Poor defending made the score look worse than the performance actually was for a big portion of the game.

bsCallout

I wish there were fans so Cavani could have experienced the support we'd give a player like him.

We always deserved the win but they got took advantage of set-pieces and we missed chances we'd normally score.

Those Cavani goals reminded me so much of RVN.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's frustrating being behind, but if it's one thing that made me love Manchester United is never giving up and coming from behind to win! My favourite game this season! I'm sort of excited :lol:

Cavani amazing! Thought he would struggle with the pace of the PL but maybe we overestimate the physicality too much. Those goals he scored like absolutely great sex (no offence to anybody)!

abailey123

Outstanding second half. Created chance after chance all the way through the game. Cavani exceptional - a real number 9 (Phelan made me laugh watching him tie his laces).
The stand out for me was Donny Van de Beek. He didn’t put a foot wrong in the middle. Kept it simple, won the ball back. A terrier & nailed his place on that team sheet.

mav_9me

We completely deserved to win. Finally a decent performance and sensational result in a premier league game.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Upto their first goal, we was the better team. Second half we was the better team. Southampton are a decent tidy side but feck me, tactical fouls right of Guardiola play book. One thing missing from our team is a someone with a real bit of Muscle. As soon as Romeu went half studs up and he knew he could get away it changed the dynamic. Really need a Rooney / Keane mentality somewhere in the team to put players like Romeu back in their box. Once you close down their aggressive game, they don't have much in their locker.

Still stand by my comments from start of the season, Cavani will be a shrewd signing for us.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Deserves win, the two goals they scored from set pieces, unlucky conceded goals. We played very well.

Tony247

Lucky lucky Ole. Fecked team selection as usual, saved by the genuine striker.

Matic should never start such matches. He can be good against superior teams, when we are defending a lead.

Bruno after the knock lost his pace and concentration. Yet a goal and assist, not bad eh.

Finally, Rashford needs a rest.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We were easily the better team all game. Missed a couple of good chances in the first half, a couple more in the second half before we finally started putting it in the back of the net. Kept Southampton just to set pieces but Ward-Prowse is so damn good at them they scored twice.

Suvvernmanc

To all the people who stated in the match day thread that they had turned it off at 2-0. :lol::lol: that is why you give it the full 90 whatever.

Superunknown

Made that harder than it could/should have been. Buuuuuut, nothing feels better than winning a game after being behind for most of it. Dramatic as hell.

Bruno and Cavani are a class above most of the other players that we have.

90 + 5min

Brilliant game once again. Shouldn't be down in he first half. Outclassed them in second. Solskajer once again outclassing one of RedCafe greatest of all time managers. This time Hasselhuth.

Cavani, as many of us mentioned, tneed to play more. Fernandes great. Closing in on leaders.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Buzzing with that. We dug ourselves into a hell of a hole and fate looked firmly against us given some of the misses and two set piece goals for them, but we were creating and having a decent amount of the play. There was always a chance that by staying on the front foot we could get something in the second half.

In a game where Martial was missing, Rashford and Greenwood's decision-making was absent and Bruno was pretty erratic we needed somebody to step up. Cavani changed the match through pure strikers' instinct and knowhow. A brilliant 45 minutes, which I hope will go a long way to silencing his critics.

tomaldinho1

A game of two halves...

Think we saw the worst and best of what this United can do encased into 45 mins of pure frustration and then 45 mins of joy.

RedIan

BUZZZZZZING from that come back..

we were by far the better team until they scored from a poorly defended corner. A 2nd set pice goal, superbly struck to be fair and they are suddenly playing well And we are all over the place.

I said at Half time get one back and its game on.

CAVANI was the difference. Great crossed assist and then two superb headed goals that no one else in our squad could do..

well played lads, loved it.

SuperiorXI

Deserved win. We could have scored 5 easily. Cavani, what a striker!
Yeah definitely, felt so deflated when they went 2-0 up, it felt really unfair. Wasn't sure whether Ole could instil this into the players and get them to fight back but fair play to him he did it and we came out with our heads up and got the win!

dal

That was brilliant. I wish our fans had a bit more mettle.

He doesn’t have a style they said. Ole out at half time they said.

Ole has a style, it’s called pragmatism.

That was amazing, have we come from 2 goals down to win in his reign.

I celebrated more than the PSG win in his first year.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We deserved that win. Having character in the team again with Deano, Bruno and Cavani is imperative.

bsCallout

Also, I hope we all show Greenwood patience and I also hope Greenwood is watching Cavani non-stop, he could be that striker by adding those sort of goals, it's all about movement.

MUM

Just so happy with that comeback in the second half. He was late putting his boots on but they worked for him, Cavani brilliance.

Well done lads.

cyril C

Get the feck in. Performance was excellent, chance after chance created but just missed til Cavani came on. They created almost feck all apart from set pieces. Start Cavani. What a difference that experience makes.
Cavani is 33y old, can't play every game, super-sub is perfect for him.

MiracleInMadrid

Let this be testament to that we never ever will rely on Martial or Rashford as our main striker again. Cavani has in two matches in a row showed that we are a different team with a real striker up front.

He plays simple. Lays it off quickly and thereby allowing the reciever of the ball time and space to find a good pass up the field. He works hard and clever without the ball. He positions himself very good. Is often open for a pass. Martial and Rashford are runners and doesn't have the natural instict of holding the ball up allowing the rest of our team time to get up field. And in addition, he is a fox in the box.

Man of the Match

Edinson Cavani image Edinson Cavani 95% of 418 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 388 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw