FA W FA Cup Semi-final

Manchester United 2:1 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 April 2018

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If I've learned anything over the past few months, it's that United generally don't do well against teams they're expected to beat comfortably. That's why I'd prefer Chelsea.
WBA would be the only one that springs to mind in the last few months? I wouldnt say we were expected to beat Sevilla comfortably. I guess you could include winning at Palace at the death.

RedfromIreland

Lukaku got a foul called on him for far less earlier in the game. It's one of those gimme challenges that refs use to control the game. When attackers do it, it's a foul but not when defenders do it.
Absolutely.
Called a few times against us attacking their box but shock horror nothing when Our player gets fouled in their box.

minoo-utd

3 domestic finals in 2 years for Jose, that must say something. The man is made for such things.

Retrokicks

Good atmosphere at the match and knew we'd come back after conceding the first. Think we're in better shape than many fans give credit for.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
This forum is a joke, honestly can’t believe it.

Leading up to the game majority had Sanchez penciled out of the starting Xl and were trashing on him. Acting like they knew he wouldn’t start or something with inside sources and what do you know find out game day he’s starting. Then, everyone’s all up in arms ‘why is Alexis starting over so-and-so, he’s not deserving of it’ blah blah blah. ‘José has lost is head, this decision will cost us’ etc etc.

What happens? He puts up a stellar performance, MOTM, leads us past Spurs in the Cup, and everyone pretends like they had his backing from the get go and believed in him. Absolutely ridiculous. Shameful and sad. Some of the most bipolar fans without doubt I’ve ever seen.

ChaddyP

Good atmosphere at the match and knew we'd come back after conceding the first. Think we're in better shape than many fans give credit for.
I really felt that once we kept it at only one and weathered the storm we could have came back. Really love this side and they are starting to get more and more turn arounds now.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Fantastic match between two good sides. Man utd were excellent in defending their 2-1 lead, didn't allow Spurs back into the game at all. I wish we could play like this every week.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We actually looked like a team. Was so nice to watch. No surprise Sanchez looked miles better because of it. Him and Pogba looked well together.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout

Leading up to the game majority had Sanchez penciled out of the starting Xl and were trashing on him. Acting like they knew he wouldn’t start or something with inside sources and what do you know find out game day he’s starting. Then, everyone’s all up in arms ‘why is Alexis starting over so-and-so, he’s not deserving of it’ blah blah blah. ‘José has lost is head, this decision will cost us’ etc etc.

What happens? He puts up a stellar performance, MOTM, leads us past Spurs in the Cup, and everyone pretends like they had his backing from the get go and believed in him. Absolutely ridiculous. Shameful and sad. Some of the most bipolar fans without doubt I’ve ever seen.
Football's good ain't it?

Canagel

The way we shut them down after the 2nd goal was reminiscent of the Italian teams of old. Strangely I felt quite comfortable as well. At no point did I think they would score. I have no problem with defending like that as long as we always counter attack as soon as the ball is recovered. If you don't possess an attacking threat that's when it becomes parking the bus because the ball is just coming back at you. There is a difference between parking the bus with no ambition of crossing the half way line and sitting deep with the intention of closing down the spaces before springing quick counter attacks. In Liverpool we did the former (which is unacceptable) but today and many times in the past with SAF we did the latter. Today felt like the EL final last year in many ways. We can get even better at this if we learn to play down the clock by keeping hold of the ball to relieve pressure. Sometimes we are too quick to hoof the ball to nobody when some composure and ability to keep hold of it is needed.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
We have shown some great character recently barring the WBA game.

At this rate I’m very excited for next season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Played at home in a semi final.... lost.

This must be a record, right?

Nickosaur

Yep, forums a joke, majority of fans are morons, @VancouverUtdFan is the one true voice.

We won mate.

Tom Foster

I had a feeling that the shocking performance against WBA would galvanise us a week later. We actually looked like a Mourinho team today when he was on the top of his game.
We even managed not to blow it when Darmian came on.

lex talionis

A fantastic win on every level. Spurs started brilliantly but after conceding the first goal we manned up and deserved the win. Great to see Sanchez put in a solid performance but Herrera was on a different planet. He must not be allowed to leave.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Spurs have lost 8 consecutive semi-finals in a row now. Jeez.

Mourinho once again proving the haters wrong. Great set up and tactics today.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Your talking like you have just realised this??
I'm talking like it was nice to see him do it consistently for a whole match. Have you just realized the Pogba has been inconsistent for most of the season?

Last edited:

T A

Great result, i think FA Cup is ours now. Cant see Chelsea/Southampton could have even a slightest chance against us in final after all what they have performed this season

Swift Football

Great result, i think FA Cup is ours now. Cant see Chelsea/Southampton could have even a slightest chance against us in final after all what they have performed this season
We should be favorites against either of
them. But Hazard tend to have good game against us. I will rather play Southampton in the finals.
Now come on Southampton!!!

Charlie Foley

10 games against the other big 6 this season. 6 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats. Close that out with a win against Arsenal and maybe Chelsea in the final and that's great going!

What a day! I love the cups. Feck anyone who says otherwise .

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts

And thats why this forum isnt the most important thing about football. Opinions just go along the tide and thats how fans will always react. Just enjoy the victory mate

Man of the Match

Alexis Sanchez image Alexis Sanchez 44% of 750 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 507 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw