PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Wed, 19 October 2022

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Loved this performance! Give ETH the backing and he will bring UTD back. God I miss Martinez.

wolvored

Was like fergie was managing 15 years ago. Best game this season. We need a striker. Ronaldo had to spoil it by fecking off early again. TH should drop him and say you leave the bench at the end of the game if not injured or sent off. You now miss the next game. Bruno mom for me.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great performance to set us up for our toughest game of the season (statistically speaking).

Hopefully, we can go on a run until the WC

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Agreed. I totally expected our midfield to be dominated by Spurs’. It was the most important duell in the game, and totally decisive for our dominance.
Fred and Casemiro were excellent but Shaw and Dalot were very important stepping in.

Real Name

Hard to gauge that performance. Spurs having only 2 attacking players basically meant Conte gave us the most of the pitch to do what we want. We did win most of the 50/50s, I saw nice patterns of play emerging in midfield, including 2 dummies from Bruno to release Fred, that can't be happenstance, credit to ETH for that, finishing is still an issue.

Martinez is our new Evra in terms of consistency, guy puts in at least a 7 or 8 out of 10 every match.
Its not hard to gauge that performance.

The White Pele

Fantastic. We are brilliantly coached and seem to create overloads all over the pitch. We are still sorely lacking that world class clinical edge in attack that would have killed Spurs off earlier in the game.

baskinginthesun

First to last minute we were in control. Favorite game to watch in years.

Casemiro is up to speed now, it seems which I think has made this team click. He just sits and everyone else can push knowing they have protection behind them now.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I hate to bring it up again. But Maguire out of them has just made everything more relaxed and composed. Martinez is a breath of fresh air. Quality defender.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Best we've played all season. Some lovely football played and a lot of good performances all over the pitch. A few more goals, which we deserved, would have been the icing on the cake.

OmarUnited4ever

Excellent team performance today, yes Spurs were shit, but nonetheless, excellent performance today.

Rustyspider13

Glorious performance. Spurs did nothing. They had barely two chances, both saved, one was offside. Without Lloris it would've been a mauling. And we didn't let up after going up. The forwards and FBs kept pressing basically all game. Even Sancho, who didn't do anything with the ball pressed well for 75+ mins. Complete domination.

Everyone played their part in the win. Especially Fred, bounced back incredibly after a truly awful showing. The defensive core of Varane, Martinez and Casemiro is amazing. Fantastic combination of aggression and technical ability.

Can't wait for Chelsea now.

Real Name

People keep repeating Spurs were crap.

Well they were in larga part cause we made them shit today.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Also, wtf do people care so much about a player who doesn't get on the pitch. Just enjoy the win and move on

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Looked like a team. A pretty good one at that. I was reminded of what things used to be. I'm...(what? No, just got something in my eye there.)

Anyway, it's Tottenham - of course we should beat them and their supposed genius wig wearing twat of a manager. Feck his rug and all it stands for!

Giggzy P

The best game post Fergie

The energy, the tempo, the desire, the precision passing, and the press were top notch.
If Rashford knew that you don't have to go for power all the time, we would have won it by 4.

FlapR

Absolutely dominated them from start to finish. Could've had alot more goals if it wasn't for Lloris having a worldy and some dodgy finishing.

Elcabron

It was really enjoyable to watch, and I definitely haven't felt joy like that over 90 minutes since the Fergie days, probably that Aston Villa game we won with the RVP hattrick.
To be fair to Ole there were some good performances. The hammering of RB Leipzig spring to mind but this feels different. Starting to look like this is our new normal

StuCol

Chimp
Credit where credit is due. That’s one of the best team performances I’ve seen in years. Effort, creativity, excitement. Yes we could be better with finishing but the chances created and the effort shown are massively encouraging.

Siorac

Casemiro is up to speed now, it seems which I think has made this team click. He just sits and everyone else can push knowing they have protection behind them now.
I love his passing.

Sure, Madrid fans said it was just average, that it wasn't his best feature. But I suspect that was because they compared him to Kroos and Modric...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Amazon prime’s picture is so clear I’ve just found out Alan Shearer isn’t totally bald

DickDastardly

It's the Varane-Martinez partnership that allows us to play like today.

You would never ever never get that calmness and awareness with the Harry - Victor duo.

The whole team changes....the narrative changes....suddenly, we're not panicking anymore.
Even De Gea's clearances are almost a chance and not a fifth row clearence.

We're a changed team.

About fecking time.

rooney2009

Best performance of the season
Fred brings so much energy and balance against the big teams
I hope the same team starts against Chelsea

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 41% of 409 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player