PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Watford

Post-match discussion

Wed, 02 March 2016

pacifictheme

Inall seriousness though, bigger win than arsenal. We've struggled against teams who sit back all season. Arsenal made it easy but watford sat back.

We looked like a young team and a few of the older players let themselves down, but we won. On to west brom.

Rashford looked good but had a quiet game.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Horrible to watch but a great result.

Race for top 4 firmly back on now.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Shit performance. Great 3 points.

Blind tried it hardest for Watford and Igahlo for us.

Picked up in the second half. Rashers very good again. Depay was terrible at everything but a rock at corner flags. Rest were meh..

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Wasnt great apart from that 15 minute spell but its been a tough week. Two things are sticking out to me. Rashford is going to be a star and Mata is trying to take this team by the scruff off the neck. Thanks to the dippers btw.

Siorac

That was painful. We deserved feck all from this game, to be honest, but De Gea and Mata saved the day.

We'll have to be much better than this at WBA and Liverpool.

Devil may care

Got away with one there but we were due. Still shaky defensively in the second half but our attacking was much improved. Looking at how well every other result went for us tonight that freekick from Mata could be as vital as it gets.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Daylight (daynight?) robbery and I love it.

What a night to be a United fan. This win changes everything with regards to reaching the CL spots. After tonights turn of events anything is possible.

CG1010

Horrible game for Blind. Well done by all the young players. Very good goal by Mata!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hopefully that brings to an end of Martial playing on the right. Rashford / Lingard from now on, please.

Eddy_JukeZ

Huge 3 points.

Not a good performance, but I'll take the W. Great day for us. I feel like we can pip City to 4th honestly.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Absolute fecking shite! A disgraceful home performance that we could easily have lost by 4-5 goals. But I'll gladly take the win :D:D:cool::cool::cool:

R'hllor

Not good game from us at all but we created most of their chances and that pisses me off. Great result tho.

Jev

Lucky win but I'll take one of those after a few good performances.

Mata was outstanding and deserved his beautiful winner.

Starting to look interesting, the league table. It's the hope that kills you. But I'm really starting to care again, which is an awesome feeling. Can't remember the last time a United goal made me that happy. Good stuff.

Mister_Stubbs

Could be the biggest three points we've won this season, suddenly top four finish doesn't look a million miles away.

Hed Zitin

Delighted! Thanks Igalo. Always a red :lol:.

We were just not physically capable of matching them. The players bar Morgan just weren't strong enough. That was tough.

Man do we need Smalling back to his best at the back.

Rashford what a player. Martial isn't working on the right at all.

mu77

thought he'd have had mata off , he didn't and he won the game for united. not a great performance but with the side that was out there , it's 3 points.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
feck yeah. Great result in a great night for us considering the other results. Does it matter we sucked? I think not.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Miserable bastards. We were all over them in the 2nd half and deserved the win. They were gifted a chance and created 2 other fine chances which they couldn't do much with because we have the best goalkeeper in the world. Was a good victory against a very annoying Watford side. Those feckers don't concede easily.

Infra-red

Awful performance, all over the place defensively and no quality up front. Given the other results tonight, a massive win.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have lost. They should have had at least 3 goals, and a penalty.

Don't care though. We've been playing every 3 days for what feels like ages. The injuries aren't easing. 2 games a week will continue for another week and a half. Needed grinding out.

kundalini

Much better performance in the 2nd half. Blind and TFM were shambolic, seemingly unable or unwilling to win the first battle so forever getting themselves in trouble. Schneiderlin had one of his best games for us. Rashford showed a good turn of pace. I thought Martial was poor until late on. Mata super freekick. Memphis a serious lack of end product.

Basically a rather fortunate win.

Ludens the Red

Horrific performance, but it's probably the first time this year we've managed to be horrific and still win. Like the Old LVG days.

Shark

@NotShark
What a massive massive result this could be when looking back at our season. Get in you little bearded Spaniard!

kps88

Can't wait for Smalling to come back. We got lucky these last two games really. Come up against a non existent Walcott and a striker who missed at least four clear chances. Next up Berahino and Rondon :nervous:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Miserable bastards. We were all over them in the 2nd half and deserved the win. They were gifted a chance and created 2 other fine chances which they couldn't do much with because we have the best goalkeeper in the world. Was a good victory against a very annoying Watford side. Those feckers don't concede easily.
We did better in the 2nd half, but the mood on here is predominantly negative. The amount of times Fergies time won like this wont be mentioned much either.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 507 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:0 Watford
  • 16% Man Utd 3:0 Watford