PL L FA Premier League

Watford 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 December 2019

Sp00ks11

Where are those posters who said I was an embarrassment because I thought we had 2 very fortunate wins against Spurs and City.

United under Ole are shit, end of!

Judas

Open to offers
He's got praise on here lately, but I'd still replace Fred tomorrow given the chance. Don't think he's good enough. Same could be said for so many out there today though.

CF, LB, CM, CB, RW all need upgrading.

DocRockter

I don't even care about these pub teams anymore.. We turn up against rivals and go far in the Cups that's all that matters.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only positive is that Pogba came back, we instantly looked much better when he came on, and he replaced Lingard and played alongside Fred and McTominay instead of replacing one of them (although McTominay went off soon after for Mata). Hopefully that's a sign that Ole intends to line up like that instead of Pogba sitting deep like he was at the beginning of the season.

OleGunnar20

Good grief this team.

Please, please, please Ole, if you have any humanity left - Stop making me watch Lingard play football. This sick joke has gone on too long.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I’m sorry but it’s all the manager.
Yeah because Ole told DDG to fumble the ball into the net and AWB to make that inane tackle. All the manager's fault. Mourinho would erase all of DDG's and turn AWB into an attacking fullback. Am I doing it right?

zenith

We need a lot of new players, the squad is just not good enough. Some competition for martial is necessary, we need a quality RW and and a new midfield.

Ole is also tactically limited, but can't do much with so many individual errors.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
that would be achievement. Have you seen the squad?
The squad is good enough and costly enough to get top 6.
With a similar squad, Jose got 2nd.
The manager and coaches are performing as good as they can, but the players are under performing against lesser teams.

The Bloody-Nine

Yeah because Ole told DDG to fumble the ball into the net and AWB to make that inane tackle. All the manager's fault. Mourinho would erase all of DDG's and turn AWB into an attacking fullback. Am I doing it right?
You realise that the manager selected those players to play, right?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Some posters on here deserve nothing, whinging, moaning making pointless statements. All you want is a merry go round of changing the players, the manager, the coaches until your satisfied that we have the right people in place, then what happens, the new team takes time to gel, the results don't come, then bingo, change the players, the manager, the coaches. We all know the team is currently not good enough, we need better players in certain positions, but unfortunately we live in a society where if something doesn't work, you throw it out and get a new one, for some people that is how they visualise United, let's throw this one away and start again, but in football, that does not work. Sick of all the moaners on here.
How is this helpful? Calling supporters "moaners" because they actually give a feck?

This shameful game against trashy Watford cannot be explained by us needing better players "in certain position" or by team "takes time to gel". This was the team shitting pants big time, plain and simple. Anybody who cares about United got their soul crushed, watching what we watched. There is going to be emotions, no need for name-calling

January transfer window cannot come sooner.
That is the only positive that could come out of this. I this horror-show has convinced Ole and Woodward that we need to buy reinforcements ASAP.

MrSingh2002

Good grief this team.

Please, please, please Ole, if you have any humanity left - Stop making me watch Lingard play football. This sick joke has gone on too long.
The same for Shaw.

Ole deserves criticism for playing Shaw and Lingard even though they were shite against Everton too.

Alabaster Codify7

Nigel Pearson can be added to the illustrious list of managers who have completely schooled our work-experience manager this season. An illustrious list of incredible managerial minds such as Steve Bruce, Dean Smith, Chris Wilder. In other words, Championship managers.

Which to be fair, shouldn't really be that surprising should it, because when our manager tried his hand at the Championship, he had Cardiff City on the road to a second successive relegation before they sacked him off.

Two howlers today, two absolute pellets from DDG and AWB that gifted Watford the three points. Can we blame Ole for this? Of course we can't. But I'll tell you what can blame Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for...

We can blame him for being unable to score a single goal past the 20th placed team, who had a goal difference of -22 prior to this game.

We can blame him for failing to coach the team to break down such a shite team as the one mentioned above. To the point of not even truly testing their GK until the dying minutes of a game we were 2-0 down in.

We can blame him for once again being embarrassed by a supposedly lesser manager with a rubbish team at his disposal, while our 100-300k a week divas saunter around the field seemingly lacking any kind of motivation or desire.

We can blame him for rewarding such players by continuing to select them despite them regularly letting him down.

Finally, we can blame Ole Gunnar Solksjaer for rewarding and encouraging mediocrity at this football club.

Pull the plug.

Crimson King

Where are those posters who said I was an embarrassment because I thought we had 2 very fortunate wins against Spurs and City.

United under Ole are shit, end of!
I don't think the wins were fortunate, I think we played well and the tactics worked. Like many I hoped that this wasn't an anomaly and things would pick up.

However, after the last two games I've had to accept that there's a real mentality problem in this squad that Ole can't change, and he doesn't have the ability to get this team to ground out wins despite a lack of overall quality in some areas.

I think we need to get Pocchettino in if we want to salvage anything other than a midtable finish from this season.

I can accept the 'speedbumps' Ole spoke about, but not that shit we saw today, so soon after the disappointment against Everton. It's just broken.

Irwin99

I don't think Watford were all that negative or even all that good to be honest, yet they still beat us 2-0. We have full backs that can't attack, a central striker that can play well in patches but struggles to get involved for most of the game and our two midfielders had an off day. The less said about our number 10 the better. James needs a rest too.

Lindelof is outperforming Maguire IMO. Again, he's not been catastrophic but for 80 million I think you're entitled to expect a bit more (particularly with his passing).

The wins against City and Spurs have deflected quite a few problems. We did to them what the smaller teams do to us.

peridigm

Lost against a team that cant win. How?
It’s like an Escher painting.

We’ve played several matches over the past few years where I think it can only get better. There is no way we could put in a poorer performance, etc.

We managed to do that today. Absolutely awful from everyone today. Pogba had a nice outing but it’s a bridge too far to think he’s going to suddenly transform our play. We’re inept in so many areas I fear it’s become insurmountable for Ole.

mjstokes85

For the team we have that is about par. Post match interview will be “must improve” “young team” and “move on to the next game”.

Farfetched

We appear to be only able to play to the lowest common denominator; so I guess a relegation performance was to be expected against a team fighting relegation.

Rista

Some posters on here deserve nothing, whinging, moaning making pointless statements. All you want is a merry go round of changing the players, the manager, the coaches until your satisfied that we have the right people in place, then what happens, the new team takes time to gel, the results don't come, then bingo, change the players, the manager, the coaches. We all know the team is currently not good enough, we need better players in certain positions, but unfortunately we live in a society where if something doesn't work, you throw it out and get a new one, for some people that is how they visualise United, let's throw this one away and start again, but in football, that does not work. Sick of all the moaners on here.
We don't have the players to beat or at least not to lose to Watford. Okay.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't even have the heart to be sarcastic about it. That's how deflated I feel.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Shaw is probably our worst player. Zero composure going forward and looks terrified. Could have anyone other LB from Ligue 2 in there and they'd be better.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
January transfer window cannot come sooner.
So, we didn't buy a CM (or 2), in Summer, but you think we will spend in January? Logically, this makes no sense.
We're not buying anybody in January.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
And if we don't sign anyone? Which is a very likely scenario imo.
Then we won't finish top 6 and who knows where we will finish. Could be lower than 10, even.

In unrelated news - was great to see Pogba playing very well for a returning player. Couple amazing serves from deep behind. Our forwards wasted those serves, but good job, Pogba.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So, we didn't buy a CM (or 2), in Summer, but you think we will spend in January? Logically, this makes no sense.
We're not buying anybody in January.
We spent in the summer, so we should spend in January as well.

Crimson King

I don't think Watford were all that negative or even all that good to be honest, yet they still beat us 2-0. We have full backs that can't attack, a central striker that can play well in patches but struggles to get involved for most of the game and our two midfielders had an off day. The less said about our number 10 the better. James needs a rest too.

Lindelof is outperforming Maguire IMO. Again, he's not been catastrophic but for 80 million I think you're entitled to expect a bit more (particularly with his passing).

The wins against City and Spurs have deflected quite a few problems. We did to them what the smaller teams do to us.
Watford were just as tumescent and and one dimensional as us in the first half. They looked well drilled and made it hard for us, but it's hard to tell whether that caused or was caused by our wastefulness in possession and lack of movement up front.

But therein lies the problem; we should be beating that team comfortably, or at least be carving out chances and putting them under real pressure.

If DDG doesn't drop that clanger that game probably ends a nothing 0-0 or perhaps United snatch it.

The lads beat themselves today.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Watford 1:2 Man Utd