LC W League Cup Quarter-final

Manchester United 4:1 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 30 November 2016

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fairness we have been scoring 4 goals regularly.
But I get your point. Someone this season is going to get about 8 goals put past them.
xactly! The guy was saying we need to be more clinical AFTER scoring 4

Last year, getting 2 shots on goal was scenes!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We have played like this for quite a few weeks now but haven't been good enough infront of goal.

Camilo

Been saying it! Jones is the best defender at this club, and if United let him go there would be a queue of top clubs from all over Europe. He's a fecking machine, and he can actually play football.

Attack looked good, Rooney looked totally up for it.. Carrick and Herrera were pretty ordinary - Carrick doesn't have the legs to recover in a 2 man midfield, and Herrera was just a bit nothing.. But it worked! A shiny new midfielder in the summer, and a bit of added depth up front and we're as good as we'll get in terms of personnel (unless people think it's realistic for us to buy another complete team - it doesn't work like that).

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern
The key to our season is to get Martial and Mkhi playing like that every week. We miss the goal and creative threat from wide without them.
True that. Very fluent offensive today with them included so well. Joy to watch

Spirit of Solskjaer

Now THAT was the United I love. Some really slick attacking play tonight. Rooney was brilliant, as were pretty much everyone out there tonight.

Get in, for once I'm going to enjoy doing the player ratings.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We were very good. Keep playing like this and we'll be fine. Glad we got our reward tonight with four goals.

Miki is :drool:, and very relieved for Martial.

Lastly, maybe Jose can stay away :D... Rui seems to cope fine..

sunama

Baghdad Bob
xactly! The guy was saying we need to be more clinical AFTER scoring 4

Last year, getting 2 shots on goal was scenes!
I remember those "2 shots on goal in a game" and "no shots on goal in the first half" games.
The shocking thing is that even though we saw the most boring football ever seen by a MUFC team, there are some fans who prefer LVG over Jose. It's as if some people have had their memories wiped.

EyeInTheSky

I remember those "2 shots on goal in a game" and "no shots on goal in the first half" games.
The shocking thing is that even though we saw the most boring football ever seen by a MUFC team, there are some fans who prefer LVG over Jose. It's as if some people have had their memories wiped.
lol 2 shots? Good luck. We went through tens of games with no shots or a single shot. It was abject crap

Mike09

If we don't start Carrick, Martial, Rooney and Mkhytaryan against Everton, we need to start questioning Jose's ambition in the league.

caid

That was kind of reassuring.
Our results in the league have been ... well, a bit rubbish for no blatantly obvious reason.
Good to get a couple of high scoring wins in the cups so I dont feel like im missing some horrible flaw thats costing us points every week.

Really does feel like a bit of bad luck and growing pains

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Faria picked the right team and subs including bringing on Bastian.

Woody give the job to Faria!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Weird season. It was another good performance tonight. We've probably played as well in the past 4 league games at home but we can't seem to buy a win at home in the league at the moment.

Raw

I'd love to find out how many times we intercepted the ball tonight. Especially by Herrera.

Janson

If everyone is in form personally i would have

Zlatan
Martial Mata Mhiki

Rooney can rotate Mata's role.
That's not possible though if we have the midfield trio of Carrick, Herrera and Pogba that everyone is praising lately.

frank lee madeer..

Really pleased with that. Best performance of the season. Mkhitaryan looks the player we bought, Rooney is in form , Tony Marsh on the scoresheet & Rojo is currently our best centre back. Could it be possible that we are more effective without Pogba? We look quicker imo. Its a strange one , cos ive thought Pogba has been improving.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If we don't start Carrick, Martial, Rooney and Mkhytaryan against Everton, we need to start questioning Jose's ambition in the league.
Rooney definitely won't be, as the yellow card today means he's banned for Everton.

But yes, I'll be disappointed if the other three don't. I'm almost certain Martial will, not quite so sure on Carrick and Mkhitaryan.

diarm

They keep showing replays of that first goal and as fine a passing move as it was, the scumbag move from Adrian is making me angrier and angrier.

wolvored

Just said on newbie site, we should keep that team, maybe swap Pogba for Herrera or Carrick, as he wont drop him. We have 3 speedy men on the wing, and Rooneys finding some semblance of form. Just need a fast LB as I think he doesnt rate Shaw that much, and Blinds too slow.

ants7

That should have been also result of the last game.

Great night and great performance, getting the goals we deserved. Superhappy for Martial and Mikhi. I've been on the fence regarding Mikhi but he was amazing today. Really good. Also, great to see Shrek playing well.

Please please please carry this from in to the premier league now.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It was essentially the same as the league game, only that we put our chances away this time.

Janson

Rooney definitely won't be, as the yellow card today means he's banned for Everton.

But yes, I'll be disappointed if the other three don't. I'm almost certain Martial will, not quite so sure on Carrick and Mkhitaryan.
I think Mikhi and Carrick are sure and Martial doubtful.

Ram1fy

The starting 11(minus Rojo) plus Pogba, Mata, Blind and Schweini is the most talented 14 we have at the club atm. If we somehow stop screwing around and play them consistently somehow, we will win almost every game. This means only one thing - no more Lingard, Fellaini, Young, Rashford in the starting 11 - please!

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 511 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham