PL L FA Premier League

West Ham United 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 22 September 2019

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
We just need to keep working hard, keep improving.

Once we start that is.

mancan92

Terrible display. Not helped by mata missing an open goal and maguire missing another sitter.

Ole may well be let go but at the end of the day we all know whos fault it is. Woodward and his nonsense.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Club feels like it's dying. So painful to see. The worst part is I expected us to lose and West Ham didn't have to get out of first gear.

Jacko21

Nothing like hearing ‘you’re fecking sh*t’ followed by ‘oles’ for the umpteenth time.

Okey

Better team won. We're so average it actually hurts! Ole looks lost. The immediate future looks bleak.

Fracture90

Just cue in the obligatory false promises post match interview from Ole and the bs blog from Mata and let us be done with it.

LARulz

I don't even feel mad these days. Just resigned to being shite.

Went into the game expecting to lose, and the game played out exactly like I though it would.
Yep exactly the same. When you saw the teams and saw West Ham's was better, you just have to laugh

Sp00ks11

Whoever it was that thought letting Fellaini, Herrera, Sanchez and Lukaku leave the club without replacing them needs sacking.

Another season to 'write off' as UTD supporter.
Stop putting Fellaini in this list, it's embarrassing. Do you think Pep or Klopp would consider lumping the ball long to Fellaini? Fed up of United fans who are willing to settle for lumping balls up to Fellaini as a viable tactic. There is plenty of teams that play like that in league 2 if that's your thing! Bloody embarrassing.

Edit. Sorry just actually read what your wrote, I'm annoyed, yes Fellaini should have been replaced. But with a footballer rather than a big brush.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I didn't really expect to get anything today, which probbaly says more about this team than the result itself.
I like Ole, and I think the changes he made in the summer made sense, but without the results he won't last very long.

ash_86

Our annual loss to west ham as usual. Move on to the next

Betson

How many times did we pass the ball out of the sideline today , from various different players. Talk about tactics all day long but Quality is just not there.

Gordon S

West ham comfortably the better team. Still hoping for top six but i don’t know how we will get there.

United are in serious trouble.

We are several years away from competing for any major competition.

Until Woodward is removed and proper structure put on the club including a director of football united are at nothing.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Gomes ahead of mata. Fred ahead of matic. Greenwood ahead of rashford. Axel instead of lindelof. Young should never play for us again

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This squad is horrendous.
It's a 2-3 season project regardless of whether Ole is the right man or not?

Only way around that is dump cash on the market (won't happen) and even then, didn't work straight away for Pep/City?

Roll up your sleeves lads, this is going to be a long one

(PS. All that can make this worse is Lukaku making some snide social media comment)

RedNed77

It was garbage, but I think if we’d have had Pogba, martial and Shaw available it would have been a different game and result. Onto the next game, hopefully with those three back.

Al-T

Horrifying. I saw Wet Sham at Brighton a month ago and they offered next to nothing.

The decline of this club is scarcely credible.

Morpheus 7

No complaints on the result, not near good enough. Problems from top to the bottom with no easy answers. Board didn't bring enough in, Ole let to many go without being replaced. This will not end well

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Expected given the line up options. We can't afford injuries at all in attack.

thesheriffjw

It was quality in the final third that made difference today.

The lack of replacements for lukaku and sanchez was evident.

Will ole get time? I doubt it

edcunited1878

West Ham didn't play significantly better with a full team. They were clinical sure and with fine margins, Mata missed, Rashford didn't even get a shot off while through on goal, Maguire doesn't lift his shot and it's easily blocked.

The quality and depth of the squad is horrific.

Again, the only constant this entire time is Woodward. Regardless of manager, to field a United squad this thin of PL quality players is neglectful and disrespectful.

caid

We looked pretty toothless.
I dont think the players we have fit that well together, we've got some really good players (a lot of which are injured atm) but I think most teams have a more functional set up than us.
Hate to say it but the dildo brothers have a decent team too and were always going to be tough.

Ludens the Red

Went about as expected really, not even angry about it. A rubbish team who regularly play rubbish, with rubbish management and a rubbish board behind it in playing rubbish shocker.

acnumber9

I didn't really expect to get anything today, which probbaly says more about this team than the result itself.
I like Ole, and I think the changes he made in the summer made sense, but without the results he won't last very long.
It won’t matter if he gets replaced though. The problems won’t magically disappear but it will allow Woodward to hide for that little longer while the cycle repeats itself.

AshRK

That was bad, really bad. Ole has to be honest and admit some of the players he is trusting are not good enough.

Bobski

Our midfield and attack must be the weakest in 30 years. The defense gets something of a pass due to the ineptitude ahead taking attention but they are not as good as we pretend they are either

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 389 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% West Ham 1:1 Man Utd