PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 West Ham United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 January 2022

GMoore23

This was Rangnicks first real test and it's great to get a crucial 3 points.

Lebo

Love how the team actually played like the superior team. The 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is working. We played like a team that actually finished 2 last season in the past 2 games

atkar83

Seemed like we were trying different ideas to break down their lines which is nice, glad it finally worked out at the end although I'm surprised they didn't make more of the Martial pass to Cavani, could've been offside

NoLogo

Really liked the intensity with which we played today. First time in a while where I thought the opposition didn't completely outwork us. We are still too blunt in attack though. Important 3 points against a 4th place competitor though.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The outcome was given before kickoff. Never in doubt. Resting heartrate at a casual 195

honirelandboy

Martial was brilliant. Funny how he can play well when he hands in a transfer request. Horrible attitude.

Crimson King

Was probably our most dominant performance in a long time, but we were really struggling to create clear chances. West Ham are really good defensively, and sat deep just looking to counter from the first minute, but it was still disappointing to witness.

But cometh the hour, cometh Marcus!

Big win.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Happy with the win but I don't see top 4 with this group of prima-donna. How many shot at target did we have? This is West Ham!!!

Ixion

Tough game, important one to win. Not vintage but still more signs of progress. Happy for Rashford, the goal was actually a really nice move from the forwards.

Woodzy

Didn’t have many chances but nice to have a game where I didn’t feel like screaming at the tv every 2 minutes.

Great ending and probably a deserved win with how we controlled the game.

We are improving, no doubt about it.

If Martial stays here then he never should play up front again. He looked way better out wide in just a short cameo.

Red Rash

Much more solid defensively but lacking creativity in the midfield and wings to really create chances.

Very exciting finale though and an important 3 points

LARulz

Even if that goal didn't happen, we looked quite a bit like the late-stage SAF era teams.
Yeah - just throw caution to the wind and throw every attacker out there. We need a win, a draw won't do so feck it

I am convinced it was offside but will take it

Bobski

Cmere, Martial changed the game.
Positive carrying of the ball looking for interplay around the box and opening options for the rest.

Martial on form could be very useful for this team, but his tendency to walk off the ball ball when we also have Ronaldo and Greenwood in the team as well might be impossible to balance.

united for life

We looked better in general. But still concerns about how linked this whole team is together.

wingers were poor today. Midfield not creative enough. Bruno, had to cover lots of ground out there to try to create - man of the match for me.

clean sheet, the 3 subs link for the winning goal. Good stuff. Great win in this 4th spot battle

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Won it in Fergie time!

I was petrified it was going to be given as offside. :lol:

All in all we deserved that. I thought we controlled the game. West Ham, who've been flying high this year, were mostly strangled. I feel like DeGea made fewer saves today than he did against Brentford.

Our counter press worked effectively the only thing we didn't do was create the number of clear cut chances we could've.

Betson

Great result , decent display , we were solid enough at the back all day but poor upfront , I think only one shot on target before the late goal. But a big 3 pts in the top 4 race.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good intensity, solid in the middle of the pitch for a change. Maguire looked better, but still not at his best, but positive to see him improving.

I like Bruno in a deeper position, but he seemed like he was trying too much as the game went on, a lot of underhit long passes, and some awful shooting. He just needs to keep it simple.

We deserved to win, dominated the game, and they barely had a sniff in our final third bar that one corner. Would've felt as disappointing as the Villa draw if we couldn't net a winner based on the performance.

RedCurry

Maybe I am just biased after a win like that but we completely deserved that. We controlled that game in all areas of the pitch.

Jack-C20

Overall a pretty solid performance. Need much more going forwards though. Very much needed win and hopefully we can keep building on these.

JonnyIreland

I was already thinking to myself “great game for a 0-0” and thought we played decently all around… what a finish though! Imagine if we could show that amount of effort every game.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
VERY happy with that. For large parts of the game we controlled it and made one of the surprise packages look very ordinary

lawliet354

West Ham did nothing all game, we were in total control. But more than 15 shots and only 3 in target means something does not click at the final third

Better no.9 and we would've won easily, lots of the attack are going nowhere because we don't have functional strikers

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 265 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:1 West Ham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:0 West Ham