FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Wigan Athletic 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 08 January 2024

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pogue you dont half post some rubbish. Rashford was poor, if you think that was a decent performance against a rubbish team then it shows how low your standards and expectations have sunk. His decision making is so slow its painful to watch.
If was an ok performance. As was Garnacho’s. Not amazing. Not terrible. If anything, Rashford was the more productive of the two.

The opinions on here have got insanely biased and toxic as the season has gone to shite. So much bile spewed week after week after week. It’s a mess.

Maticmaker

I don’t think chances created counts as a stat if he’s made a chance for himself, I think it has to be for someone else. Rashford does look to score more than assist he’s not a creative first winger, like a lot in the league that’s hardly news. There’s no point playing Rashford to get down the byline and put crosses in as his primary goal especially when we have a goal shy striker.
If I've understood you correctly, then according to your comments, ETH should not be playing Rashford at all then, based on his current lack of contribution in scoring goals, or in contributing through assists.
To quote the famous Danny Blanchflower..."if he's not interfering with play, then what's he doing on the pitch"?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
DOnt be silly. A highlights reel against Wigan, get some perspective. He should have had a field day. He constantly gets the ball on a break or in space, dummies a couple of times and then comes to a standstill. Its awful, get some perspective. Just because he congressionally managed to get the ball across, more by luck than judgement, doesn't change that
I’m not sure you’re being objective of actual clips of him playing warrants that response. Just out of interest do you watch/read from the United Stand and Mark Goldbridge?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If I've understood you correctly, then according to your comments, ETH should not be playing Rashford at all then, based on his current lack of contribution in scoring goals, or in contributing through assists.
To quote the famous Danny Blanchflower..."if he's not interfering with play, then what's he doing on the pitch"?
No, nothing in my comments states that. If Rashford is playing poorly/not doing what Ten Hag asks of him he should drop him like he has previously. If he feels he is doing well enough to pick him he should continue to do so.

Man of the Match

Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 70% of 239 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wigan win
  • Draw